Utkal University announces Admission for M.Phil and PhD Courses 2021-2022
Utkal University M.Phil & PhD Admission 2021 – Application are invited for M.Phil. and PhD Admission into Utkal University, Bhubaneswar for academic session 2021-22
Read on for more details on Utkal University M.Phil & PhD Admission 2021
Available MPhil /PhD Programs
- Anthropology; AIHCA; Botany; Biotechnology; Chemistry; History; Political Science; Psychology; Public Administration; Physics; PMIR; Sanskrit; Sociology; Statistics; Zoology; A & A Economics; Business Administration; Commerce; Computer Science Application; English; Geology; Geography; Mathematics; Odia; Philosophy; Pharmacy; Microbiology; Environmental Science; Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy; Development Studies, NCDS; Education, RIE; Yoga
No. of Seats
- M.Phil. Program – 136 Seats
- PhD. Program – 137 Seats
Utkal University M.Phil & PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start date of online registration: 18th October 2021
- Last date of submitting online application form: 30th October 2021 by 11:59 PM
- Download of Admit Cards shall be during: 02nd November 2021 onwards.
- Entrance Test for different Courses: 05th November to 09th November 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Utkal University M.Phil & PhD Admission 2021
- Master degree in the subject concerned with at least 55% marks from Utkal University or any other university recognized as equivalent are eligible. A relaxation of 5% at Masters Level to candidates belonging to SC/ST category
- Candidates those have qualified UGC-CSIR NET/GATE/SLET/INSPIRE/DBT/ICAR /ICMR /ICHR/ICSSR/ Fellowship of DST/Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship / Dept. of Culture, Govt., of India and other National Bodies and awardees of Teacher Fellowship and such other fellowship as approved by the Vice-Chancellor from time to time are exempted from written test.
- M.Phil / M.Tech Degree holders are also exempted from written test provided they have been admitted to M.Phil / M.Tech Program through a written / interview test.
Utkal University M.Phil & PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Application Forms are available on the Website of Utkal University www.utkaluniversity.nic.in
- Read the instructions given carefully before filling the application form.
- The candidate has to fill up online application form for appearing the written test and viva-voce at www.utkaluniversity.nic.in and the hard copy of the same application along with necessary documents must be sent to the respective Head of the Department(s) / Principal or Director of the Nodal Centre either in person or post.
- Application Fee – Rs.1000/-
- Mode of Payment – Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card using SBI E-Pay
- Admission strictly on the basis of All India entrance test to be held in different parts of India (Bhubaneswar, New Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad and Pune) depending on the number of applicants
Entrance Exam & Interview
- The exam will consist of two parts
- Aptitude test on Research Methodology
- Recent Advances in theory and cutting-edge research in the relevant discipline. (Subject domain of the scholar)
- Each part carrying 40 Marks and each of one hour duration
- Paper-I of the question shall be purely multiple choice and objective-type, covering questions from General English, General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude and Interpretation of Data
- The paper-II of the question shall be from the subject concerned.
- The candidates who qualify in the written test shall be called for a viva-voce which is of 20 marks.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website