Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University UG PG and PhD Admission 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Katra announces Admissions to UG, PG and PhD Courses 2019
SMVDU Admission 2019 - Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra (Jammu & Kashmir) has announced admission notification for B. Arch., B. Tech., M.Sc. (Economics), MBA, MCA, M.Tech., M.Sc. and M.A. (English) and Ph.D Courses for the academic session 2019.
- SMVDU Entrance Examination 2019 will be conducted by the University for admission to the various UG, PG & Integrated Programs, on 27th April 2019 at various centres across the country. Online Applications can be filled at www.smvdu.ac.in till 20th April 2019.
Also See : Engineering Admission
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU)
- The Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) is an autonomous, technical, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board approved, and recognized university founded in 1999
- Objective of the institute is to provide quality education and research facilities for undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- SMVDU campus is built up on nearly 470 acres of land in Trikuta hills. Campus is having pyramidal architecture. University is located at 12 km south of Katra and 35 km north of Jammu
- B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Mechanical Engineering)
- 5 Year Integrated M.Sc. (Economics)
- MBA - Master of Business Administration
- MCA - Master of Computer Applications
- M.Tech - Manufacturing & Automation, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- M.Sc - Biotechnology, Physics, Mathematics
- PhD - Computer Science & Engg, Electronics & Communication Engg, Mechanical Engg, Physics, Mathematics, Energy Management, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Philosophy, Management, Economics & English
Also See : B.Arch Admission
Admission through MAT/CMAT also.
- M.Tech. (Computer Sc. & Engg.; Electronics & Comm. Engg.; Manufacturing & Automation) –
Admission through CCMT-2019 also.
- M.Tech. (Energy Systems), M.Sc. (Physics), M.Sc. (Mathematics) M.Sc. (Biotechnology) With Option for specialization in Genetics.
- M.A. (English), M.A. (Philosophy)
Also See : MBA Admission
Eligibility Criteria for SMVDU Admission 2019
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit on the candidate appearing for SMVDUEE 2019. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
- Candidate applying for admission to B.Tech Program should satisfy the eligibility criteria as per JOSAA/CSAB 2019 guidelines; however, for candidates applying for admission to B.Tech (Biotechnology) based on 10+2 Merit, having passed 10+2 (with Mathematics) with 60% is mandatory requirement.
- For such cases, candidates whose result has not been declared till the date of issue of Merit List for admission will not be considered for admission.
- Candidate applying for admission to B. Tech. program through JOSAA/CSAB 2019 must satisfy the eligibility criteria as per JOSAA/CSAB 2019 guidelines.
- Candidates applying for admission to B.Tech./B.Arch. program through SMVDU Direct Counseling (Subject to availability of vacant seats) based on JEE(Main) 2019 Rank (CRL) must satisfy the eligibility criteria as per JOSAA/CSAB 2019 guidelines except that the minimum aggregate percentage obtained at 10+2 must be at-least 60% or equivalent CGPA
- Candidates applying for admission through Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Entrance Exam-2019 (SMVDUEE 2019) must satisfy the following eligibility criteria: a. Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2019 are eligible to appear in SMVDUEE (Main) 2019, irrespective of their age.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such exam in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in SMVDUEE 2019
Also See : MCA Admission
5 year Integrated M.Sc (Economics) Program
- Candidate applying for admission to B. Arch program through JOSAA/CSAB should satisfy the eligibility criteria as per JOSAA/CSAB 2019 guidelines and Council of Architecture (CoA) guidelines.
- Candidates applying for admission to B.Arch. program through SMVDU Direct Counseling (Subject to availability of vacant seats) based on JEE (Main) 2019 Rank (CRL)-Paper-2 must satisfy the eligibility criteria as per JOSAA/CSAB 2019 guidelines except that the minimum aggregate percentage obtained at 10+2 must be at-least 60% or equivalent CGPA, further the candidate must have obtained at-least 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Further, candidates having valid NATA 2019 Score and having minimum aggregate percentage at 10+2 of at-least 60% or equivalent CGPA and having obtained at-least 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematic will also be eligible.
Also See : M.Tech Admission
5 Year Integrated M.Sc. (Economics) Program
- Applicant should have passed Senior Secondary (10+2) examination in any discipline from a recognized board with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA with Mathematics/Statistics/Economics as mandatory subject. Candidates who are appearing or have appeared in the qualifying examination are awaiting the result can apply as explained in
PG Programs M.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.A. /M.B.A.
- The eligibility criteria for admission to various postgraduate programs are listed on the respective pages of the Schools inside this brochure. Keeping in view the number of applications, etc., individual Schools may set a higher eligibility criterion for short-listing of applicants to be called for SMVDUEE test/interview/Essay Writing. Candidates appearing in the Final year examination of the qualifying degree can also apply. However, the candidates must finish their final qualifying examination including viva-voce, if any, before the date of semester registration and if granted provisional admission then same will be governed as explained in
PhD Program in various Schools
- A candidate for admission to Ph.D. program on Full-Time Registration Basis must have obtained Master's Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Sciences/ Management/ Humanities & Social Sciences or in interdisciplinary/ trans-disciplinary discipline with minimum CGPA of 6.75 on a ten point scale in relative grading system or minimum CGPA of 6.00 in absolute grading system or 60% marks in aggregate of any University established by law (In order to encourage interdisciplinary research, the SRC may also exercise desired flexibility w.r.t. the qualifying degree of the applicant(s) as found suitable.) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
Also See : M.Sc Admission
Under-Graduate Programs (B.Tech. / B.Arch.)
- For B.Tech.: There are the following three possible methodologies to secure admission into the B.Tech. program at SMVDU as illustrated below:
- Through JOSAA/CSAB: The admission will be based on All India Rank (CRL) as secured by a candidate in JEE (Main) - 2019. The counselling for admissions and subsequent allotment of seats shall be done by JOSAA/CSAB. For detailed eligibility conditions please refer www.jeemain.nic.in and www.csab.nic.in / www.josaa.nic.in.
- Through SMVDUEE 2019: To be conducted at various centers in selected cities of the country on 27/04/2019. The online counselling shall be conducted by the University and allotment of seats shall be done on the basis of merit rank order of the candidates in SMVDUEE 2019
- 5 years Integrated M.Sc (Economics) Program is made on the basis of merit as determined by the percentage of marks or equivalent CGPA in the 10+2 exams from any recognized Board or equivalent body
- For Post Graduate programs M.Sc/MBA/M.Tech/MA: Admission to various PG Programs are listed on the respective pages of the departments inside this brochure
- For PhD Program: The eligible candidates shortlisted for the admission process to PhD program in each department will undergo the following selection procedure for admission:
- The candidate will be required to undertake the Written Test. The Written Test of candidates being conducted for admission to PhD Program shall be treated as a qualifying criterion (screening test) for proceeding to the Interview process.
- The cut-off marks to be kept for passing the Written Test may be decided by the concerned Dept. Research Committee keeping in view the nature of difficulty level of Written Test and related considerations like vacancy position, number of applicants etc.
Reservation of Seats for Persons with Disabilities
- 5% Seats are reserved for Persons with disabilities under Equal opportunities, Protection of rights & Full participation) Act, 1995. Details can be obtained from Admission Office.
Also See : Phd Admission
SMVDUEE 2019 Application Process
- In order to appear in SMVDUEE 2019, the candidates are required to apply online as per procedure detailed below. Please visit website www.smvdu.ac.in and admission.smvdu.ac.in
Applying Online & Submission of Application
- The online submission of particulars, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at SMVDUEE 2019 website. The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details, Acknowledgement Page with Application No. shall be generated.
- Candidates are required to take printout of Application Form and keep it for reference. The
- Application Form is not required to be sent to SMVDUEE 2019 Secretariat. The application fee of Rs.1500/- can be paid by credit/debit card/ Net-banking
Instructions for Applying Online
- Before filling up the application form the candidate should have a scanned image of his/her photograph, signature and father’s/mother’s/guardian’s signature. These scanned images are to be uploaded during the submission of application form. The photograph should be colour or b/w (but clear contrast) with name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph printed on it as shown below.
- It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid photos are not acceptable. Candidates with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected. Candidates may keep 6-8 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of entrance examination, Seat Allocation Process and Admission.
SMVDUEE 2019 Admit Card
- The Admit Card can be downloaded from SMVDUEE 2019 website from 21st April 2019 onwards.
- The Candidates are also advised to regularly see SMVDUEE 2019 website (www.smvdu.ac.in) for updates. A Help Desk will also be functional on all working days from 10.00 AM to 4.00 PM for general facilitation.
- The phone numbers of the help desk are available on the website of SMVDUEE 2019. (Toll Free Number: 1800-180-7133 / 01991 285524 Extension 2212)
SMVDUEE-2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Online Submission of Applications: 20th April 2019
- Date of Availability of Admit Card for SMVDUEE 2019 on Website: 21st April 2019 onwards
- Dates of SMVDUEE 2019 Examination 27th April 2019 (Saturday)
- Centre of Examination: As indicated on the Admit Card
- Display of Answer key and image of response (OMR) sheet 28th – 30th April 2019
- Declaration of SMVDUEE 2019 result/Score / All India Rank of candidates eligible for counselling 05th May 2019 (Tentative)
- Result Announcement SMVDUEE: 07th May 2019
- Availability of Rank Cards on website: After declaration of result of SMVDUEE 2019
- Commencement of Semesters: 15th July 2019
- SMVDUEE Online Registration Starts: 17th February 2019
- Last Date for Online Submission of Applications (PhD): To be announced
- Last Date for Online Submission of Applications: 20th April 2019
- Date of Exam: To be announced
- Commencement of Semesters: 15th July 2019
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Kakryal, Katra-182320, J&K
(A State University recognized under Sections 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC Act 1956), 15C, 2nd Extension, Opposite Bahu Plaza, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu-180004 Telefax: 0191-2470067 Website www.smvdu.ac.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!