Indian Institute of Technology Patna M.Tech (Research) 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indian Institute of Technology Patna announces Admission to M.Tech by Research Program for January 2020
IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2020 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna invites applications for admission to the Master of Technology by Research (M.Tech by Research) Programs starting in January 2020 under the following categories:
The details of the programs offered by Department and specialization are as follows:
- Department of Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
See: MTech Entrance Exams
IIT Patna M.Tech (Research) Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Start Date of On-line fee submission: 23th October 2019
- Closing Date of On-line fee submission: 08th November.2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Patna M.Tech (Research) Admission 2020
- Minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of the marks or First Class in the qualifying degree, fulfilling specific requirements for different disciplines, as indicated below:
M.Tech by Research in Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- B.Tech./B.E. degree or equivalent in Chemical, Biochemical Engineering and allied with valid GATE score in CH/BT/MT/PE/TF/XE
M.Tech by Research in Computer Science & Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / M Sc /MCA or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc) with valid GATE score in CS only
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech by Research Program of the Institute shall have to possess a minimum of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale) for General/OBC/EWS categories and 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale) for SC/ST categories in the final qualifying examination. All selected candidates have to produce the certificate with regard to the marks secured in the final qualifying examination within three months of admission. Reservation of Seats is as per Govt. of India rules. OBC (including OBC Minorities) (Non-creamy layer) candidates will have to enclose certificate and self declaration statement as per prescribed format in annexure I and II (as applicable) available with the Application form.
- Additional Conditions For Candidates Still To Appear In Qualifying Examinations Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 1st week prior to commencement of the Semester. If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations within three months of admission. Further, they must fulfill the minimum requirements of marks/CGPA/CPI, and other conditions like valid GATE score etc.as mentioned under eligibility criteria for respective programs. Failure to fulfill any of these requirements, shall automatically result in cancellation of admission.
- Selection is based on performance in GATE and Personal Interview of short-listed candidates. Marks obtained in GATE and in personal interview will have 70% and 30% weightage respectively. Personal interview will be held to test the skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas. Personal interviews will be conducted at IIT Patna.
IIT Patna M.Tech (Research) Admission 2020 Application Procedure
- The application fee of Rs. 300/- for General/OBC/EWS (Male) candidates and Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/PwD/Female (all categories) candidates must be submitted online through SBI Collect.
- Link of payment: https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm?corpID=595859
- After the payment, a reference/journal number will be generated, which must be mentioned in the application form and the printed e-receipt of payment must be enclosed along with the application form. The link for payment will remain active till 08th November 2019.
- Candidates are required to submit application offline. They should use the form available in the IIT Patna website at the following link:https://www.iitp.ac.in/acad/admission.php
- The candidates are required to send application duly signed along with self attested copies of mark sheets & certificates (from class X to highest degree obtained/appeared), caste certificate (if applicable), GATE /Relevant certificate, experience certificate, other testimonials (both sides) and printed e-receipt of online payment to the following address to reach latest by 14th November 2019: “ The Assistant Registrar (Academics), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihta, Kanpa Road, District - Patna, Bihar, PIN – 801106”.
- No application shall be received after the last date, i.e. 14.11.2019. The candidates are advised to post the application along with the required documents well in advance as the institute will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- The application must be complete in all respects, along with all documents, including e-receipt of payment.
- The words “Application for M.Tech by Research admission in _________________(Name of the Specialization where applying for)” must be written on the top of the envelope for sending the completed form.
- Those applying for more than one specialization should make separate application for each specialization. They have to pay separate application fee for each specialization.
- No call letter will be sent by post. The candidates should check email and website regularly for important information. At the time of test/interview, a candidate must bring his/her valid original Identity card.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.iitp.ac.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!