Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna announces admission to M.Tech Program July 2021 Session
IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna invites applications for admission to Master of Technology (M.Tech) Programs for the academic session starting in July 2021.
Interested candidates can check the post below for more details on IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2021
- Mathematics and Computing
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Communication System Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- VLSI & Embedded Systems
Categories of M.Tech. Students
- Regular (Full –Time)
- Sponsored (Full –Time)
- Project Staff
IIT Patna MTech Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start Date of On-line Application :- 07th April 2021
- Closing Date of On-line Application :- 27th April 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Patna MTech Admission 2021
For Regular & Full Time
- The programme is open to candidates of all categories with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / M Sc or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc.) and having a valid GATE score.All regular category candidates (except those having B.Tech. degrees from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 8.0) must be GATE qualified with valid GATE score.
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech. Programme of the Institute shall have to possess a minimum of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale) for General/OBC/EWS categories and 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale) for SC/ST categories in the final qualifying examination. All selected candidates have to produce the certificate with regard to the marks secured in the final qualifying examination by 31-10-2021.
- Candidates should note that if both CPI/CGPA and percentage are indicated in the transcript/marksheet of the qualifying degree then only CPI/CGPA shall be taken into account for determining eligibility.
- Additional Conditions For Candidates Still To Appear In Qualifying Examinations.
- Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before the date of registration to M.Tech programme at IIT Patna in July 2021.
- If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 31-10-2021. Further, they must fulfill the minimum requirements of marks/CGPA/CPI, and other conditions like valid GATE score etc., as mentioned under eligibility criteria for respective programmes. Failure to fulfill any of these requirements, shall automatically result in cancellation of admission.
- Reservation of Seats is as per Govt. of India rules. OBC (including OBC Minorities) (Non Creamy layer) candidates will have to produce certificate and self-declaration statement, whenever required before admission, as per prescribed format in annexure I and II (as applicable), available in the website.
- An applicant employed in an industry or any other recognized organization/institution with at least two years of experience is eligible for admission to the M.Tech. programmes provided the applicant is sponsored by the employer. Marks/CGPA/CPI criteria in the final qualifying exam will be same as prescribed for regular & full time category. For sponsored applicants, GATE score is not mandatory and they are not eligible for assistantship.
- Candidates applying for Sponsored Full-Time categories must be a regular employee of the sponsoring organization with at least 2(two) years of professional experience in the respective field.
For Project Staff
- Candidates should be working on a sponsored project in the Institute. The remaining duration of the project at the time of admission should be at least one year. If the project gets completed before the student completes his/her M.Tech Program, his/her category will be converted to self-financedCategory. Marks/CGPA/CPI criteria in the final qualifying exam will be same as prescribed for regular & full time category. GATE score is not mandatory.
For Part-Time :
- A student in this category is a professionally employed person (including the staff of IIT Patna), who pursues the M.Tech Program, while continuing the duties of his/her service. The Institute does not provide any assistantship to such a student. Marks/CGPA/CPI criteria in the final qualifying exam will be same as prescribed for regular & full time category. GATE score is not mandatory.
IIT Patna MTech Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.iitp.ac.in/acad/admission.php
- All qualified GATE candidates who intend to apply for M.Tech admission under Regular and Full Time category,must register at the Common Offer Acceptance Portal(COAP). The COAP Registration number will be required at the time of filling out the online M.Tech application form.
- After the payment, a reference/journal number will be generated, which must be mentioned in the application form and the printed e-receipt of payment must be preserved. Application, without fee, shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates are required to use the following link https://iitp-mtechportal.netlify.app/ to fill and submit application form online.
- Please read the complete advertisement very carefully before applying online. Mistakes must be avoided. To avoid internet congestion, candidates are advised not to wait for the last date of application.
- Candidates, applying for more than one specialization, must submit a separate application with separate application fee.
- The candidates are NOT required to send any document through post at present. The self attested copies of mark sheets & certificates (from class X to highest degree obtained/appeared), caste certificate (if applicable), GATE/Relevant certificate, experience certificate, other testimonials, (both sides)and printed e-receipt of online payment must be produced whenever required, failing which the candidature is liable to be rejected.
- For GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL Category :- Rs 300/- (Rs 150/- for Female)
- For SC/ST/PwD Category :- Rs 150/- (Rs 150/ for Female)
- The application fee should be submitted very carefully online through SBI Collect. The link for payment is also given in the online application system. Application fee shall not be refunded.
- For Regular & Full Time – Selection is based on performance in GATE for Regular and Full time category this year.
- For Sponsored – Selection of these candidates is based on performance in Written Test and/or Personal Interview of short-listed candidates.
- For Project Staff – Selection of these candidates is based on performance in Written Test and/or Personal Interview of short-listed candidates.
- For Part-Time – Selection of these candidates is based on performance in Written Test and/or Personal Interview of short-listed candidates.
For more details & apply online, please visit the official website