IIT Joint Admission Test for MSc Admission 2021, Dates, Application
Indian Institute of Technology announces Joint Admission Test for M.Sc Admission 2021
IIT JAM 2021 - Joint Admission Test for MSc JAM 2021 is conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and IISc. It is a national level exam, which is conducted in online mode. This year, IIT Bangalore is conducting JAM 2021.
Candidates who want to appear for IIT JAM Exam, can go through this article to check complete information about IIT JAM 2021 including Important Dates, Application Form, Fee, eligibility criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
IIT JAM 2021
- IIT JAM 2021 will be conducted for 20 subjects offered by the participating IIT’s.
- The 19 participating institutes offer various programs such as M.Sc., Joint M.Sc.-PhD, M.Sc. PhD Dual Program, Integrated PhD, M.Sc.-M.Tech, M.Sc.-M.S. Research, and other Postgraduate Programs.
- The main objective of JAM is to revive and consolidate ‘Science’ as a career option for bright students from across the country and provide them a single step opportunity for admission to some of the postgraduate programs offered at the IITs
- In due course, JAM is also expected to become a benchmark for normalizing undergraduate level science education in the country
IIT JAM 2021 Courses Offered
- Admission to M.Sc. Two Years, Joint M.Sc.- Ph.D., M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor Degree Programs at Indian Institutes of Technology Bhubaneswar, Bombay, Delhi, Dhanbad, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Varanasi & Integrated PhD Programs at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- The following are the full-time M.Sc. Two Years, Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programs at different IITs and Integrated PhD Programs at the IISc to which admissions shall be made on the basis of JAM 2021.
IIT JAM 2021 Important Dates
Commencement of Online Registration and Application on JAM 2021 Website - 10th September 2020
Last Date for Online Application Submission and Uploading of Documents on the website - 15th October 2020
Availability of JAM Admit Cards for Download - 05th January 2021
Date of JAM 2021 Exam - 14th February 2021
Announcement of the Results of JAM 2021 - 20th March 2021
Submission of Application form for Admission on the JAM 2021 Website - 15th to 28th April 2021
Declaration of First Admission List - 16th June 2021
Declaration of Second Admission List - 01st July 2021
Declaration of Third and Final Admission List - 16th July 2021
Closure of Admissions through JAM 2021 - 20th July 2021
IIT JAM 2021 Participation Institutes
Sr No. Institutes Name Website
1. IISc Bangalore www.iisc.ernet.in
2. IIT Bhubaneswar www.iitbbs.ac.in
3. IIT Bombay www.iitb.ac.in
4. IIT Delhi www.iitd.ac.in
5. IIT ISM Dhanbad www.iitism.ac.in
6. IIT Gandhinagar www.iitgn.ac.in
7. IIT Guwahati www.iitg.ernet.in
8. IIT Hyderabad www.iith.ac.in
9. IIT Indore www.iiti.ac.in
10. IIT Jodhpur www.iitj.ac.in
11. IIT Kanpur www.iitk.ac.in
12. IIT Kharagpur www.iitkgp.ac.in
13. IIT Madras www.iitm.ac.in
14. IIT Patna www.iitp.ac.in
15. IIT Roorkee www.iitr.ac.in
16. IIT Ropar www.iitrpr.ac.in
17. IIT Varanasi www.iitbhu.ac.in
18. IIT Bhilai www.iitbhilai.ac.in
19. IIT Palakkad www.iitpkd.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria for IIT JAM 2021
- The candidates who qualify in JAM 2021 shall have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admissions to IITs
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates, and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates
- If CGPA/CPI is on a different scale, it would be linearly mapped to a scale of 10. For Candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s). Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by 30th September 2020
- In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his/her admission is liable to be cancelled
- Should posses the minimum qualifying marks in aggregate in UG as given in the table below:
Category Percentage CGPA
General / OBC (NCL) / EWS 55% 5.5 / 10
SC / ST and PwD 50% 5.0 / 10
IIT JAM 2021 Application Process
- The Information Brochure and all other Information related to JAM 2021 is available on the Website https://jam.iisc.ac.in/ & https://jam.iitk.ac.in
- Candidates can apply for JAM 2021 only through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) link available at the website https://jam.iisc.ac.in/ & https://jam.iitk.ac.in
The steps to apply for JAM are:
Step 1 - A candidate has to first register on JOAPS website, by providing his/her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password.
Step 2 - Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing the candidate’s enrolment ID is sent to the E-mail address provided by the candidate. Use it and the password to login to JOAPS.
Step 3 - Fill the application form.
Step 4 - Upload all the scanned images needed.
Step 5 - Pay the application fee.
Step 6 - Print the application form and keep it safe for reference
Application Fee for JAM 2021
For General/OBC- NCL/EWS category candidates - Rs. 10000/-
For SC/ST/PwD category candidates - Rs. 5000/-
Mode of Payment - Online through Credit card/Debit/Net -banking
- Only candidates who qualify in JAM 2021 (whose names appear in the Merit List) will be eligible to apply for admission to any of the academic programs available at IITs (refer to Appendices-I & II of this Information Brochure)
- Based on the test paper(s) qualified, an applicant can apply to one or more academic programs covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfillment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institutes.
- Taking into consideration the order of preference as given in the Admission Form and corresponding rank(s) in the Merit List, the First Admission List for each programme under JAM 2021 will be prepared by the Organizing Institute website.
JAM 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of JAM is the same for all the 6 subject papers in terms of the following:
Mode - The exam is an online test (Computer-Based Test)
No. of Questions - The total number of questions asked in the exam is 60
Time Duration - Candidates are given 3 hours to complete the full test
Maximum Marks - The total marks in the exam is 100
The distribution of questions in each of the 6 JAM papers are as follows:
Section Type of questions No. of 1 marks Qs No. of 2 marks Qs
Section -A Multiple Choice Questions 10 20
Section -B Multiple Select Questions NA 10
Section -C Numerical Answer Type 10 10
Total – 20 40
Marking Scheme of the Exam is
- There is no negative marking in sections B and C.
- In section A, for attempting the wrong answer of 1 marks, 1/3 marks are deducted and for wrong 2 marks answer 2/3 marks is deducted.
Test Paper Schedule
09.30 AM to 12.30 Noon Papers - Biotechnology (BT), Physics (PH), Mathematical Statistics (MS
02.30 PM to 05.30 PM Papers - Mathematics (MA), Chemistry (CY) and Geology (GG)
JAM 2021 Exam Cities
The JAM 2021 Exam is conducted in collaboration with eight zones. The names of these eight zones and the locations of Exam Cities/Towns for JAM 2021 are listed zone-wise in Appendix-III. Candidates must specify their first, second and third choice cities at the time of applying for JAM 2021 exam.
Bengaluru, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangaluru (Mangalore), Palakkad, Thrissur
Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Vadodara
Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi
IIT Guwahati Asansol
Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri
Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi
Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam
Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Warangal
Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, Mohali, Noida, Moradabad, Roorkee
JAM 2021 Admit Card
Under the respective logins of the registered JAM aspirants, admit card is issued. The admit card can be accessed in the online mode only using JAM email id / enrolment number and password. The JAM admit card is not sent to any candidate via post or personal emails.
Details on JAM 2021 Admit Card
a) Candidate’s Name
b) Registration Number
e) Name(s) and Code(s) of the Test Paper(s) applied
f) Name and address of the allotted test centre
Candidates should carefully examine the Admit Card for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the Candidate should inform the Organizing Chairperson, JAM 2021, IIT Bangalore immediately
Rank List For each test paper in JAM 2021, an All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned to all the appeared candidates based on their performance in the test paper.
- The results will be available on the website http://jam.iisc.ac.in/. For each test paper, an All India Merit list will be prepared based on AIR
- The number of candidates included in the All India Merit List will depend on the total number of seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website