Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology announces Admission to PhD Program for 2021 July Session
IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram invites applications from highly motivated applicants for admission to the PhD Program for the academic session starting in July 2021 (Regular)
Read further for more details on IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2021
PhD Program Offered
- PhD Program is offered in the following Departments – (i) Aerospace Engineering; (ii) Avionics; (iii) Chemistry; (iv) Earth and Space sciences; (v) Humanities; (vi) Mathematics; (vi) Physics
IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Opening of IIST website for online submission of applications: May 27, 2021
- Closing of IIST website for online submission of applications: June 24, 2021
- Display of shortlisted candidates for Test: July 2, 2021
- Date of Online Screening Test: July 11, 2021
- Publishing of screening test results: July 19, 2021
- Interview Dates July 22 & 23, 2021 (Tentative)
- Display of Provisionally selected candidates: July 28, 2021
- Last Date of remittance of semester fee: July 30, 2021
- Reporting date at the Institution July 31, 2021
- Classes begin for PhD Program: August 2, 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2021
- Nationality: Applicants should be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: Applicants should be below 35 years as on 15.06.2021. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Rules
- Master’s Degree in Eng/Technology/Science/ Humanities /Management /Social Sciences must have secured 65% marks or 7.00 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50 CGPA on a scale of 10 for OBC / EWS, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA on a scale of 10 for SC/ST/PD). They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of a qualified GATE score.
- They must have cleared a National level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-CSIR-NET-JRF / Lectureship/fellowship or NBHM / JEST /and State Government Science and Technology Scheme, in the relevant disciplines.
- Candidates awaiting their results in the final year/semester are also eligible to apply,
IIST Trivandrum PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Applications shall be submitted online at the IIST website http://admission.iist.ac.in. Applications received online only will be considered.
- The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in their registration profile once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the applicants while filling their profile.
- General/EWS/OBC – Rs. 700/- per Dept
- SC/ST/PD & Women Applicants – Rs.350/- per Dept
- Mode of Payment – Through online mode
- Selection to the PhD program will be based on an online screening test followed by an interview. Interview will be conducted through Video Conference mode (Skype / Zoom)
- All scholars – Rs.31000/- per month
- Fellowship will be enhanced to Rs.35,000/- per month
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website