IIST Thiruvananthapuram PhD Program Admission 2020
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Thiruvananthapuram announces PhD Admission 2020 January Session
IIST Thiruvananthapuram PhD Admission 2020 - Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram invites applications from highly motivated applicants for admission to the PhD Program starting in January 2020.
IIST Thiruvananthapuram PhD Admission January 2020 (Regular Candidates)
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology envisions basic and applied research for meeting the national R&D requirements of Science and Technology in general and the Indian Space Programme in particular. The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and post doctoral programmes.
- Applications are invited from highly motivated applicants for admission to the Ph.D. Programme starting in January 2020, in the departments given below:-
- Aerospace Engineering
IIST Thiruvananthapuram PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Opening of IIST website for online submission of applications: 29th October 2019
- Closing of IIST website for online submission of applications: 11th November 2019
- Display of shortlisted candidates for Test: 19th November 2019
- Date of written screening test: 01st December 2019
- Publishing of screening test results: 06th December 2019
- Interview Dates: 16th &17th December 2019
- Display of Provisionally selected candidates: 23rd December 2019
- Last Date of remittance of semester fee: 31st December 2019
- Reporting date at the Institution: 01st January 2020
- Classes begin for Ph.D Programme: 02nd January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for IIST Thiruvananthapuram PhD Admission 2020
- Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: Applicant should be below 35 years as on November 11, 2019. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Rules.
- There is no provision for PhD admission in IIST under Self Financing Category.
- Applicants with a Master's Degree in Engineering/Technology as their highest qualifying degree
- Applicants with a Master's Degree in Engineering/Technology must have secured 65% marks or 7.00CGPA or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50CGPA for OBC, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA for SC/ST/PD). They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of qualified GATE score. However there is no GATE cut off score for applicants with M.Tech./M.E as the highest qualifying degree, who are applying for Ph.D. in Engineering Discipline.
- Applicants with Master of Science in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with minimum CGPA 8/10 or 3.6 /4 or equivalent can be considered without GATE score.
- For candidates with M.E/M.Tech. as their highest qualifying degree, selection to the PhD programme will be based on a written screening test followed by an interview. However, candidates with a valid fellowship such as CSIR/NET-JRF fellowships and CSIR-NET Lectureship post their ME/M Tech, will be directly called for the interview.
- Applicants with a Master's Degree in Science as their highest qualifying degree
- Applicants must have a Master's Degree in the relevant area with a minimum of 65% marks or 7.00CGPA or equivalent in the Qualifying Master’s degree (60%marks or 6.50CGPA for OBC, 55%marks or 6.00 CGPA for SC/ST/PD).
- They must have cleared a National level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-CSIR-NETJRF/Lectureship/fellowship or NBHM/JEST/GATE and State Government Science and Technology Scheme, in the relevant disciplines.
Selection Procedure for IIST Thiruvananthapuram PhD
- For candidates applying with their Master’s degree in the Sciences as their qualifying degree and having a valid score card/certificate in any of the National level eligibility tests listed above, selection to the programme will be based on an interview to be conducted at IIST.
- Applicants applying with their JEST score should have secured a rank within the first 300.
- Candidates applying with a valid GATE score in a Science discipline, having a minimum score of 500 for General Category (450 for OBC and 350 for SC/ST/PD categories), are exempted from the Ph.D. written screening test conducted by IIST. Applicants having GATE score in Science disciplines less than indicated cut-off above will not be considered for Ph.D. Admission.
- Candidates who have been provided research fellowships by State Government Science and Technology Scheme/DST-INSPIRE etc, are eligible to apply If they have already cleared a National level eligibility test, such as a valid UGC-CSIR-NET Lectureship or JEST/GATE. A valid GATE score of minimum 500 for General Category (450 for OBC and 350 for SC/ST/PD categories) in a Science discipline or JEST rank within the first 300 is required.
- All scholars selected to the programme specializations listed in Table 1 shall receive a fellowship of Rs.31000/- per month. (Research Scholars selected with UGC/CSIR/NET-JRF/NBHM and State Government Science and Technology Scheme etc., shall draw fellowship from the concerned organizations). For all research scholars with external fellowship, the concerned rules and regulations apply.
- The fellowship will be enhanced to Rs.35,000/- per month based on a performance review after two years of Research.
- The scholars will be required to assist the Departments in tutorials, practical training in labs or similar academic activities normally limited to 6 hours per week.
- A short-list of applicants for written test or interview will be displayed in IIST website by November 19, 2019.
- The Ph.D. written screening test will be for one and a half hours, starting at 9:30 AM on December 01, 2019 (Sunday) in the cities listed below.
- New Delhi
- The written screening test for Ph.D candidates not holding eligibility through a national test for Ph.D admissions will have two parts A & B. Part A (40 marks) will comprise of questions that test both aptitude and mathematics, Part B (60 marks) will have questions related to subject area that are indicated in the syllabus.
- While Part A (30 minutes duration) will be conducted first for all Ph.D candidates, Part B (60 minutes duration) will be held starting from 10:15 AM and lasting one hour for different subject areas. A student applying to multiple research areas can write the corresponding subject area (Part B) of the various different research areas in the indicated time slot.
- The results of the written screening test will be published in IIST website on December 06, 2019.
- Candidates screened in through the written test will be called for an interview to be held at IIST, Thiruvananthapuram on December 16 & 17, 2019.
- Provisionally selected candidates list, after the interview, will be displayed in the IIST website on December 23, 2019.
IIST Thiruvananthapuram PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Applications shall be submitted online at the IIST website: http://admission.iist.ac.in. Applications received online only will be considered.
- The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in their registration profile once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the applicants while filling their profile
- Application fee is to the extent of Rs. 700/- per Department (for SC/ST/PD and Women applicants - Rs.350/- per Department). If the applicant is eligible and wishes to apply for more than one Research Area in the same Department, he/she need not pay any additional application fee. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Applicants who wish to apply to multiple departments, will have to pay the appropriate application fee (sum of the application fee for each department).
- The application fee shall be paid, through ‘BillDesk’ after the course registration only.
- Applicants who are employed in Government/Semi Government/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies need to produce a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the current employer at the time of Interview.
For more information visit the official website www.iist.ac.in
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (Declared as Deemed to be a University under section 3 of the UGC act 1956), Thiruvananthapuram–695547, Phone: 0471-2568477 / 478, Email: email@example.com (For UG admissions), Website www.iist.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India