Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University (IGDTUW) announces Admission to PhD Program 2019-20 (Even Semester)
IGDTUW PhD Admission 2019-20 – Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women invites application for Admission to Ph.D. Program for the academic year 2019-20 (Even Semester).
About the IGDTUW
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) has been upgraded from Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology in May 2013 vide Delhi State Legislature Act 9, 2012, as a non-affiliating teaching and research University at Delhi to facilitate and promote studies, research, technology, innovation, incubation and extension work in emerging areas of professional education among women.
IGDTUW PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
|Opening of Admission portal for receiving of online application of Ph.D Program
||06th December 2019
|Last date for submission of duly filled application form for Ph.D Program
||25th December 2019
|RAT- Research Aptitude Test
||31st December 2019
|Declaration of Result of RAT
||04th January 2020
|Interview for Ph.D Program (for all Departments)
||06th January to 08th January 2020
||14th January 2020
|Formally Notified Last date of admission for all PhD Programs
||15th January 2020
Research Areas Department and No. of Seats
- Computer Science & Engineering – 07 Seats (including 03 IGDTUWJRFs)
- Information Technology/Computer Applications – 08 Seats (including 02 IGDTUWJRFs)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – 09 Seats
- Mechanical and Automation Engineering – 05 Seats
- Applied Science & Humanities (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English) – Physics: 01 IGDTUW-JRF, Chemistry: 02, English: 02, Mathematics: NIL
Eligibility Criteria for IGDTUW PhD Admission 2019-20
- The minimum entry qualifications for Full-Time/Part-Time Research Scholars are as follows:
- For Engineering: M.E./M.Tech Degree or equivalent from a recognized University/Institution in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA in the point scale and B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent with minimum of 60 % marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- For Computer Applications: MCA from a recognized University/Institution with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA in the point scale and Graduation Degree (with Sciences and Mathematics) with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- For Sciences: Masters Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized University/Institution with 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA in the point scale and undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- For Humanities: Master Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized University/Institution with 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA in the point scale and undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- Admission to the Ph.D. Program will be common to the two categories (Full time and Part Time) of applicants.
- Admission shall be made on the basis of a written Test viz. Research Aptitude Test (RAT) followed by an interview.
- The RAT Examination shall be qualifying only with qualifying marks as 50%. A relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled (PD) category to qualify the RAT Exam.
- The syllabus of the RAT examination shall consist of 50% of Research Methodology and 50% subject specific.
- The RAT examination shall be waived off for the following applicants subject to the fulfillment of eligibility qualifications, and such applicants shall be allowed to appear in the interview directly.
- Reservation/Relaxation for Ph.D. Program: Reservation of seats for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, OBC-NCL and Differently Abled (PD) applicants will be as per Government rules.
IGDTUW PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- Application can be filled online www.igdtuw.ac.in)by submitting one time non-refundable fee amounting to Rs. 1000/- (One Thousand only) and online application processing charges of Rs.150/-+GST.
For more information and e-brochure can be downloaded from the website www.igdtuw.ac.in
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
Dean (Academic Affairs), Academic Branch, IGDTUW, Kashmere Gate, New Delhi–110006, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.igdtuw.ac.in