Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University (IGDTUW) announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
IGDTUW PhD Admission 2019 – Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women invites application from for Admission to Ph.D. Program for the academic year 2019-20
About the IGDTUW
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) has been upgraded from Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology in May 2013 vide Delhi State Legislature Act 9, 2012, as a non-affiliating teaching and research University at Delhi to facilitate and promote studies, research, technology, innovation, incubation and extension work in emerging areas of professional education among women
See: Phd Admission 2019
Important Date for IGDTUW PhD Admission 2019
- Opening of Admission portal for receiving of Online Application form: 20th May 2019
- Last date for submission of duly filled application form: 20th June 2019
- RAT- Research Aptitude Test: 03rd July 2019
- Result of RAT: 12th July 2019
- Interview for Ph.D Program (for all Departments): 15th to 25th July 2019
- PhD Counselling: 30th July 2019
- Formally Notified Last date of admission: 31st July 2019
Research Areas Department and No. of Seats
- Computer Science & Engineering – 9 Seats
- Information Technology/Computer Applications – 10 Seats
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – 6 Seats
- Mechanical and Automation Engineering – 3 Seats
- Applied Science & Humanities (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English) – 4 Seats
Eligibility Criteria for IGDTUW PhD Admission 2019
The minimum entry qualifications for Full-Time/Part-Time Research Scholars are as follows:
- For Engineering: M.E./M.Tech. Degree or equivalent from a recognized University/ Institution in the relevant discipline with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA in the point scale and B.E./B. Tech. or equivalent with minimum of 60 % marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- For Computer Applications: MCA from a recognized University/ Institution with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA in the point scale and Graduation Degree (with Sciences and Mathematics) with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- For Sciences: Masters Degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University/Institution with 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA in the point scale and undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- For Humanities: Master Degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University/Institution with 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA in the point scale and undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- Admission shall be made on the basis of a written Test viz. Research Aptitude Test (RAT) followed by an interview.
- The RAT Examination shall be qualifying only with qualifying marks as 50%. A relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled (PD) category to qualify the RAT Exam.
- The syllabus of the RAT examination shall consist of 50% of Research Methodology and 50% subject specific.
- The RAT examination shall be waived off for the following applicants subject to the fulfillment of eligibility qualifications, and such applicants shall be allowed to appear in the interview directly.
- Reservation/Relaxation for Ph.D. Program: Reservation of seats for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, OBC-NCL and Differently Abled (PD) applicants will be as per Government rules.
Region Wise Seat Allocation
- 85% of the total seats in all programs except Ph.D. are allocated to applicants belonging to Delhi Region (Students passing the qualifying examination from recognized University/ College/Institution located within the NCT of Delhi) and 15% of the total seats to applicants belonging to outside Delhi Region (Students passing the qualifying examination from recognized University/ College / Institution located outside the NCT of Delhi).
IGDTUW PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- The Application can be filled online www.igdtuw.ac.in by submitting one time non-refundable fee amounting to Rs. 1000/- (One Thousand only) and online application processing charges of Rs.150/-+ GST.
- For more information and e-brochure may be downloaded from the website www.igdtuw.ac.in
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
Dean (Academic Affairs), Academic Branch, IGDTUW, Kashmere Gate, New Delhi –110006, Email: email@example.com, website www.igdtuw.ac.in