TJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for TJEE 2018
For Appearing in Joint Entrance Exam
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of Tripura and either the candidate or his/her parent must have been residing in the state of Tripura continuously for not less than 10 (ten) years immediately prior to the date of making application for appearing at the Joint Entrance Examination 2019.
- Permanent Resident of Tripura Certificate (PRTC) issued by the appropriate authority of candidate/father/mother which one is applicable, must be submitted.
- Candidate must have passed/appeared/due to appear in the year of Joint Entrance Exam at the Higher Secondary Exam of Tripura Board of Secondary Education /Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent exam with the subjects in which he/she desires to appear at the Joint Entrance Exam.
- Children of All India Services Officers borne in Manipur-Tripura cadre and the children of the employees of State Govt. posted outside Tripura will be eligible to appear at the exam irrespective of their prior stay in Tripura.
- In case a candidate is not permanent resident of Tripura but his/her parent is an Officer on deputation to the Govt. of Tripura/Officer of the Central Govt. working in Tripura and has served in Tripura continuously for a period of 3-years or more and passed H.S from an Institution of Tripura he/she is eligible for appearing in the exam.
- In case of Wards of Ex-Serviceman, either the candidate or his/her parents must have been staying in Tripura continuously for not less than 5-years immediately prior to the date of making application for appearing at the Joint Entrance Exam and the candidate must have passed or appeared/due to appear at the H.S. (+2) Exam or equivalent in the year of JEE from any legally recognized institution in India with subjects in which he/she desires to appear at the Joint Entrance Exam.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat in the past inside or outside the State on the basis of the result of Joint Entrance Exam he/she shall not be eligible to appear at the JEE this year or subsequent year unless he/she has surrendered the allotted seat in writing within specific time to the appropriate authority.
No. of Seats
- Total number of seats along other criteria regarding eligibility shall be ascertained on the basis of the communication as received by the Board from the respective sponsoring departments.
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) / Wards of Ex-serviceman (EX) candidates will be as per Reservation Act of the State Government. Certificate(s) issued by the appropriate authority shall have to be submitted at the time of counselling by the candidate.