Graphic Era University PhD Admission 2020, Application, Dates
Graphic Era University Dehradun Notification for PhD Admission 2020 January session
Graphic Era University PhD Admission 2020 - Graphic Era University invites applications on prescribed form for admission to Full Time/Part Time PhD Programmes in various departments of the university for January 2020 Session.
The admission is made on the basis of GATE/NET (UGC/CSIR)/SLET scores or Entrance test and Interview.
Graphic Era University Accredited by NAAC with Grade A is known for strong academic achievements and excellence in research. The University offers Doctoral research programs in various academic streams.
Department and Vacancies Details
- Department of CS/IT and Computer Application (15 Seats)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering (18 Seats)
- Department of Civil Engineering (07 Seats)
- Department of EC /EE (13 Seats)
- Department of Biotechnology /Life Sciences (10 Seats)
- Department of Petroleum Engineering (02 Seats)
- Department of Allied Science – a) Chemistry (04 Seats), b) Mathematics (19 Seats), c) Environmental Science (03 Seats), d) Physics (03 Seats)
- Department of Management Studies/ Dept. of Commerce & HM (32 seats)
- Total – 108 Seats
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Total Fee for first semester:
- Full Time: Rs. 55,400/-
- Part Time (External): Rs. 50,750/-
- Part Time (Internal): Rs. 28,750/-
Total Fee for Second Semester onwards:
- Full Time: Rs 39,900/-
- Part Time (External): Rs 35,250/-
- Part Time (Internal): Rs 13,250/-
Eligibility Criteria for Graphic Era University PhD Admission 2020
- The candidate should satisfy any of the following conditions:
- Master’s Degree from any UGC recognized University/ AICTE approved Institutions or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the notified fields of study with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA (50% marks or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST candidates).
Research Associateship/ Fellowship
- Graphic Era Deemed to be University Dehradun will award Associateships / Fellowships to the Full Time research scholars under following categories, viz.,
Category I - Teaching / Research Associateship
- Available to all such Full Time scholars who are getting financial assistance from any source like JRF etc.
- Teaching/ Research Associate will undertake teaching load / research work as assigned by the institute.
Category II – Institute Fellowship / Scholarship
- Fellowship criteria for full time research scholars is Rs. 12,000/- per month till completion of Ph.D. coursework and Rs. 15,000/- per month after completion of coursework. The request for the same may be submitted by the scholar duly forwarded & recommended by the supervisor and the Head of department.
- The total fellowship period shall not exceed three (3) years from the date of registration (including coursework tenure).
- Extension of research fellowship after 3 years: Based on the performance of the student fellowship can be extended for a period of six (6) months or one (1) year, at the request of the research scholar with the recommendation of the Supervisor & HOD, and the approval of Pro-Vice Chancellor (Pro-VC) and Vice Chancellor (VC).
Tuition Fee Waiver
- Tuition fee waiver is also available on merit cum means basis (based on the merits of the case)
- The Question paper will comprise of MCQ of two sections on Research Methodology (50%) and Subject Specific (50%) (as per GATE/UGC NET syllabus)
- GATE/NET (UGC/ CSIR) qualified candidates are exempted from written test. However, they will have to appear for an interview as notified later.
- Date of Entrance Test: Saturday, January 4th 2020
- Test Centre: Dehradun
Graphic Era University PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Applications on prescribed form obtainable from the University website (https://www.geu.ac.in/content/geu/en/research/doctoral-courses.html) are invited for Full Time/Part Time admission to Ph.D. programmes in various departments of the university.
- The admission is made on the basis of GATE/NET (UGC/CSIR)/SLET scores or Entrance Test and interview.
- The application form along with attested copies of certificates may be submitted to the Office of Dean Research, Ground Floor, CS/IT Block, Graphic Era deemed to be university, 566/6, Bell Road, Clement Town, Dehradun-248002 along with the fee of Rs. 1500/ - in cash or through NEFT latest by Saturday, December 28, 2019.
- Application form found incomplete or received after the prescribed date will be summarily rejected.
- For NEFT: Account Name: Graphic Era Deemed to be University, Branch: Graphic Era University, Clement Town, Dehradun, Account Number: 6190002100000177, IFSC Code: PUNB061900
Graphic Era University PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of application form: 28th December 2019
- Entrance Test & Interview: 4th January 2020
- Declaration of Entrance Test results: 11th January 2020
- Reporting/Registration: 18th January 2020
Graphic Era University (GEU), Dehradun
(University under section 3 of the Act, 1956), Contact: 0135-2643421/22 (Ext 232), Admission Cell: 0135-2643421/22, 2644183, Website www.geu.ac.in