University of Calcutta B.Ed Course Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Calcutta University Admission Notification for B.Ed Course 2019
Calcutta University B Ed Admission 2019 - University of Calcutta invites applications from interested candidates for admission into 2 years B.Ed course for the year 2019.
Total no. of seats: 50 (deputed-25, Freshers-25)
Method subjects offered:
- Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Mathematics, History, Geography, Economics, Accountancy and Bookkeeping, Education, Political Science, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic.
Also See : B.Ed Admission 2019
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Submission of online application commences on: 11th June 2019
- Last date of online application submission: 18th June 2019
- Last date of e-receipt of payment on: 19th June 2019 (upto 11.30 pm)
- Provisional merit list will be published on: 24th June 2019 in website after 5.00pm
- Provisional merit list of short listed candidates will be published on: 28th June 2019 in website
- Submission of printed copy of application form with e-receipt of payment at Alipore Campus, University of Calcutta from 01st July 2019 to 03rd July 2019 (12 noon to 3.pm. shortlisted candidates only)
- Date of counseling and admission (spot) for Deputed 08th July 2019 and Fresher candidates 11th July 2019 (Candidates are requested to report along all original testimonials at Allipore campus, University of Calcutta on 11.30 a.m)
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2019
- Admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course will follow the norms set by
- NCTE, the State Government and University of Calcutta. 1. Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s
- Degree in Sciences / Humanities/ Social Science, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to the programme. Requirement of 50% (fifty) marks shall not applicable for persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the NCTE, (Regulations, Norms & Procedure) Second Amendment Regulations, 2010 as laid down at para 8(i) of the aforesaid Gazette. The relaxation of marks for SC/ST/PWD is 5%.
Reservation of seats:
- Calcutta University: 80%
- Other University: 20%
Reservation of seats for SC, ST and PWD will be as follows:
- SC: 22%
- ST: 6%
- PWD: 5%
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe from other states will not get the reservation facility for SC/ST. Deputed Candidates shall be selected only on the basis of period of approval service mentioned in Clause 8
- For Fresher students (General Category): 40 years (as on 30th June)
- For Deputed students (General Category): No age bar
- Age- Limit is relaxable for maximum 5 years for students belonging to SC, ST and PWD Categories.
- Teachers teaching in classes V to XII only can apply as Deputed Teacher. Selection of Deputed Teacher of Higher Secondary School/Secondary School/ Madrasah affiliated to W.B.B.S.E/ W.B.B.M.E will be made on the basis of the period of approved services in the School/ Madrasah. In case applicants having equal service in Secondary School/ Madrasah, preference will be given to the candidates having higher Academic Qualifications. In case of both the Period of Service and Academic Qualifications are equal, selection will be made on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in different examinations in their career and candidates having higher grade marks will be selected (Grade Marks calculation will be done as meant for fresher candidates.) Reservation of 50% seats for Deputed Teachers and 50% for the fresher’s for admission to B.Ed courses will be followed for University Department only. In the event of these seats remaining unfulfilled, they will can be filled up with fresher’s. 10. The method subject should be in the form of subject quota depending on the number of subjects being offered by the Department of Education , C.U.
- General candidates: Rs. 300/-
- SC/ST/PWD: Rs 150/-
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application to be submitted through online only. No Hard Copy of Application Form will be issued. For online application please logon to www.caluniv-ucsta.net. If you are a new user of this online system please register yourself on the website by creating an Account with Unique User ID (your Email id) and password. Please do remember your User ID and
- Password you have created. The candidate need not fill in the form with one attempt. The data already entered by the applicant will remain stored in the database. The applicant can once again access his/her form by using his/her User ID and Password in the form at the top right corner of the page http://www.caluniv-ucsta.net/bed/phpfiles/main.php.
Information required for filling in the Form
- Marks / Grade obtained in major Examinations from 10th Standard onwards.
- Income of family per month.
- Scanned Photo (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm) in jpg / jpeg format and size < 50 KB
- One printed copy of the same photo required to be pasted on the application form.
- An Email-Id cannot be used more than once. A different Email should be taken, if required.
Instructions for filling in the Form
- Open the Page http://www.caluniv-ucsta.net/bed/phpfiles/main.php
- Click the ‘Click here to register’ link at the bottom of the Login form. Fill in the Registration Form. With the Email id as User-id and chosen Password, you’ll be directed to the Admission Form.
University of Calcutta, Kolkata
(Dept. of Education, NCTE Approved), 1 Reformatory Street, 3rd Floor, Kolkata – 700027, Phone No: 2479-3589, website www.caluniv.ac.in