Sri Ramachandra University (SRM) Chennai announces Admission to PhD Program for January 2021 Session
Sri Ramachandra University PhD Admission 2021 – Sri Ramachandra University (SRM), Chennai invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Full-time and Part-time PhD Programme offered under various faculties for the academic session commencing in January 2021
Read on for more info on Sri Ramachandra University PhD Admission 2021 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, etc.
There shall be three categories of Ph.D. candidates.
Full Time Candidates
All candidates who pursue full time research in SRMIST shall belong to this category.
Part Time (Internal)
All candidates employed in SRMIST who pursue part time research in SRMIST shall belong to this category.
Part Time (External)
All candidates working in Industrial units, Colleges, Government departments, Research organizations or other Institutions, sponsored for pursuing PhD Programs in SRMIST while continuing to serve in their respective Institutions/ organizations which are recognized as the Research Centres of SRMIST shall belong to this category
PhD Program Faculty
The University offers PhD Program in the following faculty
Allied Health Sciences
Public Health/Sports & Exercise Science
Eng & Technology
Full time Program
Min 3 years – Max 5 years (including coursework)
Part time Program
Min 3 years – Max 6 years (including coursework)
Part Time (Internal/External)
Part time Ph.D. programme is allowed provided all the conditions mentioned in the extant Ph.D. regulations are met
Sri Ramachandra University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
Last date to submit the application – 19th November 2020
Department level entrance and interview – 30th November 2020
Release of list of candidates for provisional registration – 15th December 2020
Last date to pay tuition fee – 12th January 2021
Reporting date at directorate of research – 12th January 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Sri Ramachandra University PhD Admission 2021
- Two years of Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D Degree in the same Institution.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently- abled.
Sri Ramachandra University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible & Interested candidates can apply online through the official website www.sriramachandra.edu.in
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. program under Full-Time (seeking Founder Chancellor Shri N.P.V. Ramasamy Udayar Fellowships) and Part-Time (internal and external) categories will have to qualify through the entrance exam.
Instructions to Apply
- All fields marked with* in the application form are mandatory to be filled.
- Please keep the following self-attested scanned documents ready before filling the application form:
- Passport sized (dimension 200 x 230 pixels preferred) photograph and signature (dimension 140 x 60 pixels preferred)
- After successful submission of the application form, an application number will be generated. Save that number for future reference and communications.
- Apply online https://applications.srmist.edu.in/ and the same can be downloaded and sent to us with the DD for Rs.1100/- drawn in favour of “SRMIST”, payable at Chennai
- Cost of Online application form is Rs.1100/- (non-refundable)
- The number of available seats in the various specializations under different disciplines will be determined well in advance depending on the number of available Research Supervisors and other academic and physical facilities available.
- Preliminary scrutinisation of all applications received through online will be done by the Directorate of Research and the eligibility is determined.
- The eligible candidates are called for an entrance examination at the respective campuses of SRMIST. The entrance examination will be either Computer-Based Test (CBT) / Paper-pencil. The syllabus for the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The entrance examination will be followed by a presentation in the proposed research area and technical-cum-personal interview. The presentation will be assessed by the Department Research Coordination Committee (DRCC)
- There is no need for Entrance test for those students who qualify in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship holder
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website