National Institute of Nutrition MSc Applied Nutrition Admission 2019, Dates, Application
NIN Hyderabad announces Admission to M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) Admission 2019-21
National Institute of Nutrition MSc Admission 2019 - The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) - National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Dept. of Sports Science invites applications from eligible candidates for admission into two years M.Sc. (Sports Nutrition) Course at the ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad offered under MoU with Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana for the academic year 2019-21.
The following are the Regulations for admission to Master of Science (Applied Nutrition) Course for the academic session 2019-21 shall apply to the National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
See : Admission Notification
National Institute of Nutrition MSc Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Applications will be available from 10:00 AM of 20th May 2019 to 05:00 PM of 28th June 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Applications Form: 28th June 2019 by 05.00 pm
- List of Eligible Candidates & Entrance Test: 03rd July 2019
- Download their Hall Tickets from NIN Website from 03rd July 2019
- Entrance Test will be conducted on 14th July 2019 (Sunday, 11.00 am)
- Results of the Entrance Test will be uploaded on the website 22nd July 2019
- First Counseling session will be held at NIN on 02nd August 2019 from 10:00 AM onwards
- Classes will commence from 09th August 2019
- The duration of M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) degree course shall be two years on full time basis
Number of Seats
- 15 students from India and abroad will be admitted to the course as per the GOI norms
See: MSc Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for National Institute of Nutrition MSc Admission 2019
- Candidates seeking admission into the two-year M.Sc. (Sports Nutrition) course must have passed B.Sc. in Home Science (with specialization in Food & Nutrition) / Nutrition / Food & Nutrition / Applied Nutrition & Public Health / Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics / Food Science & Quality Control or B.Sc. in Life Sciences – Botany/ Zoology / Genetics / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology or MBBS or BAMS. In addition, the candidate should possess a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination and with weightage for SC/ST candidates as per rules.
- Candidates awaiting final year/semester results may also apply and produce the certificates at the time of joining.
- The list of eligible candidates to appear for the test will be uploaded on NIN’s Website on 03rd July 2019. The candidates should download their hall tickets from NIN Website from 03rd July 2019
- Entrance Test will be conducted on 14th July 2019 (Sunday) at 11:00 AM. Results of the Entrance Test will be uploaded on the website on 22nd July 2019. First Counseling session will be held at NIN on 02nd August 2019 from 10:00 AM onwards
- Classes will commence from 09th August 2019. If the number of applicants is minimal, then the admissions will be made based on the merit and aggregate marks secured in the qualifying exam by the candidate in the optional subjects.
- The approximate distribution of questions shall be as follows:
- Nutrition - 40 No. of Questions
- Biochemistry - 25 No. of Questions
- Physiology - 25 No. of Questions
- Microbiology - 10 No. of Questions
- The question paper will be in English only. Minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test are as follows:
- 30 marks for SC and ST candidates
- 40 marks for all other candidates
Medium of Instruction
- English will be the medium of instruction for the subjects of study and for the examination of the M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) Course
- If the number of applications is received is less than the number of seats, the University will not conduct entrance test and all the eligible applicants will be selected
- Entrance Exam will be conducted if the number of applications is more than the number of seats for admission to the course
- As on the Last page. No further notification will be issued unless there is a change in the schedule
National Institute of Nutrition MSc Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application forms along with prospectus can be downloaded from the website www.nin.res.in or can be obtained in person from the Head, MYAS-NIN Department of Sports Science, ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition, Jamai-Osmania PO, Opp. Tarnaka Metro Station, Hyderabad-500007. The applications will be available from 10:00 AM of 20th May 2019 to 5:00 PM of 28th June 2019.
- Last date for submission of applications: The duly filled in applications, along with the demand draft of Rs. 3000/- (for OC/BC/OBC Candidates) and Rs. 2700/- (for SC/ST Candidates) towards registration fee from any nationalised bank drawn in favour of “The Director, NIN” payable at Hyderabad and necessary enclosures should be submitted to the Head, MYAS-NIN Department of Sports Science, ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition, Jamai-Osmania PO, Opp. Tarnaka Metro Station, Hyderabad-500007 on or before 28th June 2019 by 5:00 PM.
- Applications received after the last date and time will not be accepted, NIN or OU is not responsible for the postal delay or any loss in transit