IIJNM Bangalore Post-Graduate Diploma in Journalism Admission 2020
Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media Bangalore announces Post-Graduate Diploma in Journalism (PGDJ) Admission 2020
IIJNM Bangalore PG Diploma in Journalism Admission 2020 - Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media (IIJNM) Bangalore invites application for admission to Post-Graduate Diploma in Journalism (PGDJ) Program for the session 2020.
See: Journalism Admission
- The Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media (IIJNM) is one of South Asia’s leading post-graduate schools of journalism and media. Located in Bangalore in the heart of India’s high-tech industry, the institute offers an excellent curriculum that combines both theory and practice to prepare its graduates for positions in the media industry.
- IIJNM offers a curriculum developed in association with Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York. Its programs in print, television, radio and multimedia journalism embody the best practices in media industry and media technology.
- IIJNM offers Post-Graduate Diploma in Journalism (PGDJ) program for those with (or expecting) a bachelor’s degree, and Graduate Diploma in Journalism (GDJ) program for those with PUC/12th standard.
- We seek motivated students with a passion for uncovering the truth and a keen interest in what is happening around them. This may be reflected by describing clearly what motivates him/her to a career in journalism.
- We expect journalists to be sensitive to language and to organize their thoughts clearly and coherently. While we provide remedial help in improving writing skills, fair command of the English language is a requirement.
Eligibility Criteria for IIJNM Bangalore PG Diploma in Journalism Admission 2020
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline is required. Applicants awaiting final year examination results or who will be graduating this year may also apply.
- The IIJNM admission procedure consists of the following steps:
- Completion and submission of application form
- Admission Test, Personal Interview, and Counselling
- Notification and acceptance of admission
- IIJNM admits both Indian and international students. Selection is based entirely on merit, without any regard for gender, race, religion, or caste. There is no age bar.
- IIJNM Admission Test and Personal Interview: Admission test and personal interview will be conducted on the same day at the following cities in April and May 2020
- Bangalore test and interviews will be conducted on campus, other test center locations will be updated shortly:
- Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ranchi, Colombo & Kathmandu
IIJNM Bangalore PG Diploma in Journalism Admission 2020 Application Process
- Candidates need to download the application form from the official website www.iijnm.org or apply online
- Completed application form must reach IIJNM by no later than June 10th 2020. Late applicants may submit completed form and supporting documents after this date, which may be considered for admission if vacancies are still available
- Pay Rs. 1000/- towards application processing fee to place your application on active review. The application processing fee may be paid using a credit/debit card (for online applications), or bank draft/pay order (payable at Bangalore) drawn in favour of “IIJNM Bangalore” for physical applications.
- Downloaded application form along with following documents must be sent to Admissions Processing Office, Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, No. 502, 5th 'C' Main 5th Cross, 2nd Block, HRBR Layout, Kalyana Nagar, Bangalore-560043.
- Attach a photocopy of your marks transcripts and degree certificates. Students awaiting final examination results may submit their provisional degree certificates or the latest marks transcripts.
- Application Essay: Describe a recent event that has received major national or international attention, and how it affected you (between 600 and 750 words).
IIJNM Bangalore PG Diploma in Journalism Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Early application deadline (with a concession of Rs. 10,000): 31st March 2020
- Regular Applications deadline: 10th June 2020
- Dates of Admission test and personal interview: April and May 2020
For more details, please visit website www.iijnm.org
Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media, No. 502, 5th ‘C’ Main, 5th Cross, 2nd Block, HRBR Layout, Kalyana Nagar, Bangalore–560043, India, Tel: 080-2545 2564 / 2545 2565; Fax: 080-2545 2563, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.iijnm.org