IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2019 Notification, Application, Dates
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Programs 2019
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2019 - Indian Institute of Science Education Research (IISER) Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Integrated PhD Programme for the Autumn 2019.
Interested candidates can check all the details of IISER PhD Admission 2019 Autumn, like application form, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc from this page give below.
See: PhD Admissions
Subject combination at Undergraduate Level
- Students applying for the Integrated PhD Programme are required to have the following subject(s) in the Undergraduate Courses:
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2019
- Students with a B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree from any recognized University/Institute/College can apply for the Integrated PhD Programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- Candidates need to secure a minimum of 60% marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in Aggregate (if Honours/Major is not applicable). Those who are appearing in the final examination of their degree course can also apply; for them, the eligibility marks are 60% based on the marks obtained in the undergraduate examinations held till the date of submission of the application form.
- Reservations for candidates will be as per Govt. of India norms. The qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates are 50% as per Central Government relaxation policy.
Who Can Apply?
- Please note that applicants who have qualified in the following nationwide aptitude tests in the year 2019 only can apply for the program:
- For Biological Sciences: JAM (Biology and Biotechnology) / JGEEBILS
- For Chemical Sciences: JAM (Chemistry)
- For Earth Sciences: (a) JAM (Geology) OR (b) JAM Chemistry for research in Environmental Science OR (c) JAM Physics for research in Computational Minerology
- For Mathematical Sciences: JAM (Mathematics)
- For Physical Sciences: JAM (Physics)/JEST (Physics)
Selection Procedure for IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2019
- Institute-level committee(s) will scrutinize all the applications, and prepare a shortlist of candidates, who will be called for an interview.
- The Institute will finally declare the list of selected candidates on the Institute website. Students will be given a monthly fellowship.
- For candidates whose final examination marks are not available at the time of interview, admission to the programme will be provisional. Such candidates would have to produce final marksheet to the Academic Office within 60 days of their admission and having secured a minimum of 60% of marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in aggregate (if Honours/Manjor is not applicable).
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- The applicants should open the link at the bottom of this page (Submit New Application) and properly fill the application form as instructed and submit. Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take a print as the hard copy of the application.
- Selected candidates for interview should bring a printout of application form along with the required documents listed below at the time of interview:
- Attested copies of marksheets and certificates of all examinations starting from secondary examination.
- Original/Self Attested copy of the qualifying examination certificate.
- Confidential recommendation letters of assessment (signed hard copy) of the applicant from two teachers who have taught courses and would be able to evaluate the student as a potential research worker. The teachers should seal the envelopes and sign across the flaps.
- Proof of qualification in nationwide aptitude tests.
- Photo identity.
- Proof of age.
- Statement of Purpose mentioning research interest and potential supervisors (if any).
- For more details, please visit website https://apply.iiserkol.ac.in/iphd/
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Application Portal Opens: 08th April 2019
- Application Portal Closes: 10th May 2019
- Publication of Shortlist for Interview: 17th May 2019
- Tentative Interview Dates: 17th June 2019 to 29th June 2019
- Publication of I-PhD Interview Results: 01st July 2019
- Pre-registration Portal Opens: 01st July 2019
- Pre-registration Deadline: 10th July 2019
- I-PhD Registration: 26th July 2019
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India