Indian Institute of Science Education Research (IISER) Kolkata announces Integrated PhD Admission 2021 (Autumn Semester)
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Science Education Research (IISER) Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Integrated PhD Program for the academic session 2021-22 (Autumn Semester).
Interested candidates can check all the details of IISER Kolkata PhD Admission 2021 like application form, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc from this page given below.
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Physical Sciences
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Application portal opens :- 01st April 2021
- Application portal closes : 14th May 2021 One week after the JEST exam results are announced (for Physical Sciences only)
- Publication of Shortlist for Interview / Written Screening (only Department of Biological Sciences) :- 17th May 2021 Approximately few days after the application portal closes(for Physical Sciences only)
Tentative Dates for each Department
- Biological Sciences Online written screening test :- 24th May 2021
- Biological Sciences Publication of screening test result :- 26th May 2021
- Biological Sciences Interview (online) :- 27th and 28th May 2021
- Biological Sciences Publication of interview results :- 07th June 2021
- Biological Sciences Preregistration portal opens :- 08th June 2021
- Biological Sciences IPhD Registration :- 28th July 2021
- Chemical Sciences Interview (Online) :- 20th and 21st May 2021
- Chemical Sciences Publication of interview results :- 7th June 2021
- Chemical Sciences Preregistration portal opens :- 8th June 2021
- Chemical Sciences IPhD Registration :- 28th July 2021
- Earth Sciences Interview (Online) :- 24th and 25th May 2021
- Earth Sciences Publication of interview results :- 07th June 2021
- Earth Sciences Preregistration portal opens :- 08th June 2021
- Earth Sciences IPhD Registration :- 28th July 2021
- Physical Sciences Interview (Online) :- will be announced later
- Physical Sciences Publication of interview results :- will be announced later
- Physical Sciences Preregistration portal opens :- will be announced later
- Physical Sciences IPhD Registration :- will be announced later
Important Note to DPS IPhD applicants:
- In view of the delay with the JEST and the final exams of Bachelor’s degree programs at various places, we will conduct a short online aptitude test, on 18 June 2021, Friday for all eligible candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2021
- Students with a B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree from any recognized University/Institute/College can apply for the Integrated PhD Programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences and Physical Sciences.
- Candidates whose final B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./MBBS exam remained incomplete due to the pandemic, may also apply. Admission, however, will be subject to completion of all formalities as described in ‘Selection procedure’.
Minimum Qualifying marks
- Candidates need to secure a minimum of 60% marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in Aggregate (if Honours/Major is not applicable).
- Those who are appearing in the final examination of their degree course can also apply; for them, the eligibility marks are 60% based on the marks obtained in the undergraduate examinations held till the date of submission of the application form.
Who can apply
- Please note that applicants who have qualified in the following nationwide aptitude tests in the year 2021 only can apply for the programme :
- For Biological Sciences: JAM (Biotechnology) / JGEEBILS
- For Chemical Sciences: JAM (Chemistry)
- For Earth Sciences: (a) JAM (Geology) OR (b) JAM Chemistry for research in Environmental Science OR (c) JAM Physics for research in Computational Mineralogy
- For Physical Sciences: JAM (Physics)/JEST (Physics)
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Applicants should open the link at the bottom of this page (Submit New Application) and properly fill the application form as instructed and submit.
- Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take a print as the hard copy of the application. In case a candidate is applying to multiple departments, separate applications need to be filled for each department.
- For more details, please visit website https://apply.iiserkol.ac.in/iphd/
- Institute-level committee(s) will scrutinize all the applications, and prepare a shortlist of candidates, who will be called for an interview. For students applying to the Department of Biological Sciences, an online written screening test will be conducted and only shortlisted students will be called for the interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website