Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application, Exam Pattern
Dr Hari Singh Gour University announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2019: Dr. Hari Singh Gour University invites application from interested candidates for admission into PhD Program in Various department for the academic session 2019
Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start date of online application: 15th March 2019
- Last date of submission of online application: 15th April 2019
- Editing the application by candidate; 16-19th April 2019
- Only sports quota candidates/ sports persons must submit the hard copy of online submitted form along with self attested copies of relevant certificates: 25th April 2019
- Dates of Entrance Test: 16th, 17th & 18th May 2019
- Tentative Dates for interview of PhD Programme: 2nd and 3rd week of July 2019
See: PhD Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme must have a Master’s degree in the concerned/relevant/allied subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA or equivalent Grade.
Relaxation in Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/ OBC-NCL/ PWD. The eligibility marks of 55% ( or an equivalent in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks.
- Candidates belonging to OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PWD categories will be given reservation as per the Government of India rules i.e. OBC (NCL) - 27%, SC-15%, ST-7.5%. Five percent (5%) seats are reserved within each of the categories (Unreserved, ST, SC, and OBC) for Person With Disability (PWD) candidates (on horizontal basis), and UR Economically Weaker Section (UR-EWS) - 10% only if the candidate fulfills the other minimum eligibility to appear in the Entrance examination. Submission of a certificate to this effect issued by a competent authority/Board shall be mandatory. For the purpose of reservation under UR-Economically Weaker Section (UR-EWS) category, a person belongs to Economically Weaker Section whose family income is below Rs.8 Lakh in a financial year.
Categories of PhD Candidates
Full Time PhD categories:
- This category includes research scholars who shall pursue their research for Ph.D. degree at the University as a full-time regular scholar.
Part-time Ph.D. Candidates:
This category is further divided into two categories:
- Part-time candidates (Internal): A regular teaching staff of the University with three years of teaching experience at the time of admission shall be eligible under this category. Such candidates will be required to take study leave during the coursework.
- However, if the coursework could be completed by the teacher without affecting his/her normal teaching load of the department concerned, a study leave in such case is not required. A certificate to this effect from the Head of the Department shall be required for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
- Part-time candidates (External): This category includes persons working in Higher Education and Research Institutions. The candidates have to produce a sponsorship certificate from the parent institution.
- Selection will be based on written test and interview.
The Entrance Test shall consist of 100 questions of 70 marks having 2 parts.
- Part ‘A’ – There will be 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of 0.7 Marks each related to Research Methodology.
- Part ‘B’ –There will be 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of 0.7 Marks each related to the concerned subject.
- The qualifying marks of the Entrance Test shall be 50% of the total marks of the Entrance Test.
- A relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks shall be granted to SC/ST and PWD candidates.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET / JRF, CSIR NET / JRF shall be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test. However, they have to apply through www.dhsgsu.ac.in or http://admissions.iumssagaruniv.com. in up to the last date of filling of the online form.
- The Teacher Fellowship Holders shall also be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test. However, they have to apply through www.dhsgsu.ac.in or http://admissions.iumssagaruniv.com up to the last date of filling of the online form.
- An interview of the candidates who qualify in the Entrance Test as well as the candidates, who are exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test, will be conducted by the concerned Department. The candidates will be required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Departmental Research Committee (DRC).
- At the time of interview/viva-voce, the Departmental Research Committee (DRC) shall consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Department;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- An Interview shall be of 30 marks for other than the candidates exempted from appearing in Entrance Test and of 100 marks for the candidates exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test.
Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Apply online through the official website. Fill in the information carefully and pay the application fee through online mode i.e. net banking, ATM cum Debit/Credit card.
- For General, OBC and PWD candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- For SC and ST candidates: Rs.500/-
For more information please visit the official website: http://www.dhsgsu.ac.in
Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya
Sagar, Madhya Pradesh
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India