University of Kalyani released Notification for Post Graduate Programs Admission for Session 2023-24, Apply now
University of Kalyani PG Admission 2023 – Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Post Graduate Programs (MA/ M.Sc./M.Com) offered by various Faculties / Departments of the University of Kalyani, Nadia District, West Bengal for the Academic Session 2023-24. Interested candidates can check out details on University of Kalyani PG Admission 2023 such as courses, important dates, eligibility criteria, how to apply and more from the page below.
University of Kalyani PG Admission 2023
- Online Application starts on 01/09/2023
- Last date for Online Application 15/09/2023
- Publication of provisional Merit Lists 20/09/2023
- First counseling for admission and submission of fees 27/09/2023 & 29/09/2023
- Commencement of class 03/10/2023
- Second counseling for admission and submission of fees (if required): Will be notified later
Courses & Eligibility Criteria
M.A. in Bengali, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Sociology & M.A./M.Sc.in Economics
- Eligibility: Bachelor degree in Arts (B.A.) with Honours in the respective subject from any UGC recognized University.
M.A. in Folklore
- Eligibility: Honours Graduate [B.A. / B.Sc. / B. Mus. / B. Fine (Hons.)] in Folklore, Bengali, Sanskrit, Hindi, Santali, English, Comparative Literature, Linguistics, History, Sociology, Tribal Studies, Culture Studies, Indigenous Culture Studies, Political Science, Philosophy, Psychology, Economics, Anthropology, Geography, Archeology, Museology, Tourism, Journalism & Mass Communication, Women Studies, Dance, Drama, Vocal Music, Folk Music, Rabindra Sangeet, Painting, Sculpture, Applied Art, Graphics and History of Art.
- Eligibility: Students, who have completed three years bachelor degree in Commerce (B.Com) with Honours.
Master of Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc.)
- Eligibility: Bachelor Degree with Honours or its equivalent in Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, Technology and allied subjects including B.E./B.Tech, MCA, MBA, etc
M.A. in Lifelong Learning & Extension
- Eligibility: Bachelor Degree with Honours in any subject. (Other than BFA).
M.Sc. in Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Physiology, Statistics, Zoology
- Eligibility: Bachelor degree in Science with Honours in the respective subject from any UGC recognized University.
M.Sc. in Biochemistry
- Eligibility: B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry/ Biochemistry/Physiology/Zoology from any UGC recognized University.
M.Sc. in Biophysics
- Eligibility: B.Sc. (Hons) in Physics / Chemistry / Biochemistry/ Zoology / Physiology /Microbiology & Molecular Biology from any UGC recognized University.
M.Sc. in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Eligibility: B.Sc. (Hons) in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology for 60% category and B.Sc. (Hons) in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology / Molecular Biology/Biotechnology/Botany / Chemistry/ Physiology / Microbiology / Zoology /Biochemistry for 40% category.
M.A. / M.Sc. in Geography
- Eligibility: B.A. (Hons) or B.Sc. (Hons) in Geography from any UGC recognized University.
M.Sc.in Environmental Management
- Eligibility: Must have science stream in Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Honours /Equivalent graduates in Science (Botany, Zoology, Physiology, Nutrition, Environmental Science, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics; Microbiology, Anthropology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science), Social Science (Geography, Economics) and Applied Science (Agricultural Science, Horticulture, Sericulture, Fisheries Science, Aquaculture Management, Veterinary Science)
MA/M.Sc. in Education
- Eligibility: Honours degree in Education OR B.Ed. and Honours in any School Subject.
Masters in Rural Studies (MRS)
- Eligibility: B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons)/B.Com (Hons) in any subject from any UGC recognized University.
M.Sc. in Computer Science
- Eligibility: B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Science for 60% category and B.Sc. Honours in Computer Science / B.Tech. in Computer Science/ B.C.A. for 40% category.
MSc. in Food & Nutrition
- Eligibility: B.Sc. (Hons) in Food & Nutrition for 60% category and B.Sc. (Hons.) in Food & Nutrition, Physiology, Biochemistry, Home Science, Human Development, Chemistry, Microbiology for 40% category.
- As per West Bengal Govt. Rules, there shall be reservation of 60% seats in each Course for candidates who have Graduation with Honours in the respective subject from Home University (Kalyani University) and 40% seats will be for candidates from other Universities as well as candidates from home university
- Candidates admitted from ‘60% category’ will not be allowed to appear for the admission test in the concerned subject in ‘40% category’.
- Application forms along with Instruction sheet can be downloaded from University Website www.klyuniv.ac.in.
- For all Postgraduate programmes one seat is reserved for the candidates applying under “SPORTS QUOTA”, available only for home university students.
- Candidates should apply in a prescribed format, available in the Admission Section. The seat of Sports Quota will be allotted from the available seats of the particular category in which the selected candidate belongs to.
- Application fee is Rs.400/- for General candidates & OBC Category and Rs.200/- for SC/ST candidates, for differently abled (PWD) candidates Rs.160/-
- For payment candidates should go to https://www.onlinesbi.com and choose the option State Bank Collect.
- They should proceed for payment after accepting the terms and conditions of the State Bank Collect page. Fee collection charge by the Bank is additional.
Merit List Preparation Criteria
- Merit List for 60% category (Home University) will be based on the marks obtained in the Honours subject (Part 1+Part 2+Part 3) only. In case of a tie, aggregate marks of best of five subjects, excluding Environmental Studies obtained in Higher Secondary Examination, will be taken into consideration.
- Merit List for 40% category (Other University + Home University applicants who fail to get admission from the 60% merit list) & for Programme without 60-40 category, will be based on percentage of marks obtained in Honours Subject (Part-I+Part-II+Part-III) and percentage of marks obtained in the Admission Test, giving equal weightage. Admission test will be of 100 marks, 50 MCQ, 2 marks each.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website