World Bank Young Professionals Program 2019
World Bank YPP 2019 - World Bank Young Professionals Program
World Bank Young Professionals Program 2019 invites applications from PhD or Master's degree holders having at least three years of relevant work experience
Also See : Scholarships 2018
- The World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group.
- It is a unique opportunity for young talent who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group (WBG).
- The main objective of this program is to provide an opportunity to young professionals, with leadership qualities and passion for development, to gain exposure in the World Bank Group (WBG).
- Every year, around 40 applicants are accepted into the program. Young Professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
- Selected candidates will be offered internationally competitive salary, health, life, accident and other insurance, relocation benefits, cost of relocation travel and other benefits.
- The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group (Nigeria is member country)
- Be born on or after October 1, 1986
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
- To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Be motivated to relocate and undertake country assignments
- Applications of all the applicants are reviewed in the first stage of the selection process. In the second round, the selected candidates undergo technical review on the basis of which they are selected for interviews
- During the interview round, selected applicants are evaluated on the basis of client orientation, professional expertise and team leadership
- As an entry-level professional in the WBG, Young Professionals are offered an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience.
- The application for the 2018 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program is open from June 14 - July 31st, 2018
- Please, make sure you meet all the eligibility requirements before you start the application process
- The application for the 2019 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank is open from June 14 - July 31, 2018.
- Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program and,you have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master's Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded
- All the necessary information provided in application should be valid for one year. Files to be uploaded with complete application should not exceed 5 MB each and should be in the format: .doc, .docx or .pdf
- For more information - visit official webpage
- The application for the 2019 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank will be opened from 14th June to 31st July 2018
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 31st July 2018