World Bank Group announces World Bank Young Professionals Program 2021
World Bank Young Professionals Program 2021 – World Bank Group invites applications from PhD or Master’s degree holders having at least three years of relevant work experience for Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2021.
Read on for more details such as Program details, application process, eligibility criteria, important dates, etc. for World Bank Young Professionals Program 2021.
- The WBG YPP is a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC or MIGA. Young Professionals (YPs) start the program in Washington, DC, where they engage in intensive training—on-the-job and in the classroom-learning the fundamentals of leadership and development operations across institutions, and how to identify opportunities for joint impact.
World Bank Young Professionals Program 2021 Important Dates
- Applications are open for all profiles : 15th June to 15th July 2021
- Applications are open For IFC and MIGA profiles only : 16th August to 20th September 2021
Compensation & Benefits
- YPPs are offered a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan, and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
Eligibility Criteria for World Bank Young Professionals Program 2021
- Born on or after October 1, 1989
- Have a Master’s or doctoral degree
- Specialization in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas (such as Agriculture & Food, Digital Development, Health & Nutrition, Loans, Equity, Climate Change, Gender, Energy, Water, Infrastructure, etc.)
- Relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level.
- Fluency in English
- The Bank Group recruitment policy is to hire a staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
Graduate degree requirements:
- For World Bank placement: Complete a relevant master’s degree by July 15, 2021 or PhD before September 2022. Fields of study should be related to a World Bank Business Area.
- For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree before September 12, 2022. Fields of study should be related to an IFC or MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to a Master’s of Business Administration (or equivalent), Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science and Engineering.
Professional experience requirements:
- For World Bank placement: Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level.
- For IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
World Bank Young Professionals Program 2021 Application Process
- To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must submit:
- Resume/ CV
- Academic Transcripts.
- Short Essays. Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only).
- Professional or Academic Recommendations.
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here
- Applications of all the applicants are reviewed in the first stage of the selection process.
- In the second round, the selected candidates undergo technical review on the basis of which they are selected for interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website