Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment notifies Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Class 9 & 10) of Assam
Pre-Matric Scholarship 2022-23 for SC Students of Assam – Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students of Assam is an initiative of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India to provide financial assistance to SC students who are studying in Class 9 and 10.
Under this scheme, SC students from the EWS category will be offered financial support with an aim to reduce the incidences of student drop-outs during the transition from elementary to secondary stage. The selected candidates will receive a scholarship and other grants.
Pre-Matric Scholarship 2022-23 for SC Students of Assam
- Scholarship Closing Date: 31st September 2022
- Last Date for Defect Verification: 15th October 2022
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th October 2022
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must –
- be a domicile of Assam
- belong to Scheduled Caste (SC)
- be a regular full-time student studying in Class 9 and 10 in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education
- have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh
- not be getting any other centrally-funded pre-matric scholarship
- The selected scholars will receive the following benefits –
- INR 225 per month to day scholars and INR 525 per month to hostellers
- Book and Ad hoc grant of INR 750 per annum to day scholars and INR 1,000 per annum to hostellers
- Additional allowances for students with disabilities studying in private unaided schools –
|Allowances for students with disabilities studying in Private unaided Schools||Amount (In INR)|
|Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind students||160|
|Monthly Transport Allowance for students with disabilities (as defined in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995), if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the Educational Institution||160|
|Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students with low extremity disability||160|
|Monthly Helper Allowance is admissible to any of the hostels willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper||160|
|Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and Mentally ill Students||240|
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
- Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner ‘and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
- Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
- Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
- Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
- Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
- Note : All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
- The scholarship will be provided to all the candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website