Ashoka University Young India Fellowship 2019
Ashoka University New Delhi announces Young India Fellowship Program 2019-20
Ashoka University Young India Fellowship 2019 - Ashoka University has announced the Young India Fellowship for the class of 2019-20. The first round of applications for the 09th batch of the Young India Fellowship opens on 21st August 2018
About the Young India Fellowship (YIF)
- The Young India Fellowship (YIF) is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate diploma Program in Liberal Studies.
- The Fellowship brings together a group of 300 bright young individuals who show exceptional intellectual ability and leadership potential from across the country, and trains them to become socially committed agents of change.
Aim of Fellow
- The aim is to help Fellows become well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and go on to become self-aware leaders with a commitment to public service.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Young India Fellowship 2019
- Young India Fellowship Programme is open to all young men and women with:
- A recognized undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- The student must be in the final year of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree from renowned University of India
- No more than 28 years of age on 31st May 2019
- The Fellowship promotes diversity and applicants from all areas of specialisation are encouraged to apply; while applicants who have been educated in a vernacular language as their medium of instruction are welcome, it is expected that they will be able to converse, read and write in English
- There are various factors which are evaluated for the selection of the candidates like submitted application, telephonic interview, personal interview and also the General Ability test to assess the candidate's verbal, written and analytical skills.
- The selection process will be carried out in 3 stages, each one being an elimination stage.
- All applications are reviewed by the selection committee consisting of faculty and executive members of the program. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of their academic performance through school and college and their involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Short-listed candidates are interviewed on the telephone. Candidates will be notified in advance about when the telephonic interview will take place. It is typically a conversation regarding the information that the candidate has mentioned on their application and may include a discussion about their areas of interests.
Comprehension Test & Personal Interview
- On the day of the Personal Interview, candidates will be required to take a comprehension test just before the interview. They will be tested on their reading, understanding, articulation skills and critical thinking ability, not on their knowledge of subject matter. Candidates are interviewed in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bangalore.
- Young India Fellowship believes that talented and bright students may belong to any social or economic strata. To make it possible for all deserving applicants to avail this opportunity, Young India Fellowship offers 'need-based' scholarships that cover, in full or in part:
- Tuition expenses for lectures and workshops
- Boarding and lodging
- Cost of reading and case materials, library subscriptions and shared text books
- Merit Scholarship on tuition Rs 50,000/-
- 25% Scholarship on tuition Rs 178,000/-
- 50% Scholarship on tuition Rs 3,57,000/-
- 75% Scholarship on tuition Rs 5,36,000/-
- Full-tuition Scholarship Rs 7,15,000/-
- Full Scholarship Rs 9,00,000/-
- The applicants are able to choose any one ways from the given
- The interested and eligible candidates can apply online for Young India Fellowship; there they have to register themselves on the Young India Fellowship website www.youngindiafellowship.com
- Once the candidates is registered, an email will be sent to the applicant's registered email ID
- If you want to apply in hard copies, please send an email to email@example.com for the application form
Important Dates for Young India Fellowship 2019
- Application Process for the Class of 2019-20 Opens on 21st August 2018
- Application Process for the Class of 2019-20 Closes on 30th March 2019
Selection Process Round-I
- Applications open: 21st August 2018
- Last date to submit applications: 15th November 2018
- Interviews: 01st October 2018 to 20th January 2019
- Final offers to selected candidates: 01st February 2019
Selection Process Round-II
- Applications open: 16th November 2018
- Last date to submit applications: 15th January 2019
- Interviews: 26th November 2018 to 20th March 2019
- Final offers to selected candidates: 01st April 2019
Selection Process Round-III
- Applications open: 16th January 2019
- Last date to submit applications: 30th March 2019
- Interviews: 26th January 2019 to 20th May 2019
- Final offers to selected candidates: 10th June 2019
Ashoka University (Campus)
Young India Fellowship (YIF), Plot #2, Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Kundli-131028, Haryana (India), Contact No.: +91-8199977078, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.youngindiafellowship.com