Ashoka University New Delhi announces Young India Fellowship Program (YIF) 2023-25, Apply now
Ashoka University Young India Fellowship 2023 – Ashoka University has announced the Young India Fellowship for the class of 2023-25
Ashoka University Young India Fellowship 2023
About Young India Fellowship (YIF)
- The Young India Fellowship (YIF) is Ashoka University’s flagship programme. Offered as a residential postgraduate diploma in Liberal Studies, it brings together 100 curious and driven individuals, and exposes them to a multidisciplinary and multidimensional education. Fellows come from diverse academic, professional, socio-economic and geographical backgrounds. Within a year, they engage with diverse areas of study, research and practice, enabled by leading thinkers and scholars of our time. The immersive and rigorous year on campus is the starting point of a lifelong journey for a Young India Fellow. Since 2011, the YIF has groomed over 2100 socially conscious leaders and change-makers for the 21st century, who belong to a global, high achieving and diverse community.
- Applications Open: 31st October 2022
- Early Deadline: 19th December 2022
- To be eligible for the Young India Fellowship’s 2023-24 intake, applicants should have completed a recognised undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline as of July 2023.
- Please Note: (1) Final year undergraduate students who will complete their degree or equivalent in the summer of 2023 are eligible to apply. Applicants may have work experience and/or a postgraduate credential. They may also be entrepreneurs, freelancers, in the middle of a gap year or preparing for competitive examinations, among others. (2) We welcome applicants of all age groups across diverse academic, geographical, professional and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- While there is no typical profile of an ideal Fellow, the following should give you a broad sense of what we look for:
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Drive and Self-awareness
- Leadership Potential
- The interested and eligible candidates can apply online for Young India Fellowship; there they have to register themselves on the Young India Fellowship website https://apply.ashoka.edu.in/home.aspx
- There is no application fee for the YIF.
- The rigorous and holistic YIF selection process is split into two rounds, and is designed to admit a diverse and outstanding class of individuals from India and abroad.
- We acknowledge that there are varying levels of access and privilege for different candidates. Therefore, each applicant’s submission is reviewed in the applicant’s context.
- Each round accepts applications within a specified time-frame and selects fellows from the pool of submitted applications in that round. Please note that you can apply only once in the admissions cycle and only in one round. In case you miss the early application deadline, you can complete your application in the final round.
- The different stages of the application and selection process are:
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- 65% of Fellows ’23 are on need-based financial aid
- 40% of Fellows ’23 are on more than 50% Tuition waivers.
- 2.46 Lakhs (INR), average Tuition Fee paid by Fellows ’23 on financial aid
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website