USIEF announces Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships 2023-24 for Master’s Degree Program
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships – United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) has invited applications for Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship Program 2023-2024 for Indian Citizens.
Application for the scholarship in Master’s Degree program at select US colleges and universities can be submitted online till May 16, 2022. Read on for more details on Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships 2023.
About Master’s Fellowships 2023-24
- The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are designed for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Economics; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Affairs; International Legal Studies; Journalism and Mass Communication; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
- The fellowship will provide J-1 visa support, round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S., funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs, and accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.*
- The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
- * USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the fellow may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships Dates 2022
- Application Deadline: May 16, 2022, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
- Application due date for 2023-2024 awards : May 16, 2022
- Field-specific experts review applications : End June 2022
- USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome : End July 2022
- National interviews of short-listed candidates : End August 2022
- USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees. Nominees take tests (such as TOEFL and GRE) : Early September 2022
- USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement : October 2022
- USIEF notifies finalists : March/April 2023
- Pre-Departure Orientation : May/June 2023
- Pre-academic training in the U.S. (if required) : July/August 2023
- Degree program begins : August/September 2023
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships Eligibility Criteria 2022
- In addition to the General Prerequisites, the applicants:
- must have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants must either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree; or a full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- must have at least three years’ full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study by the application deadline;
- should demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- if employed, should follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. The applicant can download the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form from the USIEF website.
- Fields of Study
- Each applicant must choose one field of study that matches his/her chief area of interest. The following field descriptions are illustrative, and applicants should note that individual academic host institution programs of study may differ in course offerings, subspecialties, and academic requirements.
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships Application Process 2022
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2023
- Please carefully review the FNMaster’s Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNMaster’s Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application:
- FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure
- FNMaster’s Employer’s Endorsement Form (if applicable)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website