NEST Scholarships 2019 – Application, Dates
21st NEST Nationwide Education & Scholarship Test Senior (NEST SENIOR) 2019
NEST Scholarships 2019 - SEMCI INDIA conducts the Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST) on the last Sunday of January every year at our Test Centres in all major cities across India.
- We are pleased to announce the 21st season of the Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST) 2019. Started in March 2006, NEST has completed its glorious 13 years this year awarding the prestigious NEST SCHOLARSHIPS to hundreds of students of science, engineering and medical courses across the country.
Also See : Scholarships 2018
21st NEST Scholarships 2019 Details
- The purpose of conducting series of such periodical tests is to ignite students' interest in pursuing accurate knowledge, so that they are better prepared for competitive exams, such as CAT, GATE, GRE, TOEFL and various other tests for admissions to higher studies in good institutes as well as for jobs in reputed companies.
- Only bona fide degree students registered in colleges/universities appearing in their 2019 exams are eligible for this scholarship. Students of class 12th (Science) & Diploma Engineering (Final Year) can also apply for NEST-Senior-I Category.
- NEST is especially designed to students' choice, skills and interests as is essential at this stage of their education. Moreover, they also get instant cash prizes of handsome amount and certificates of appreciation as incentives for their outstanding and exemplary performance in the test.
- Please see the eligibility criteria for the two categories of Nest-Senior Scholarships in the following
Eligibility Criteria for NEST Senior-I & Senior-II
- 1st & 2nd Year Degree Students of: (1) Engineering, (2) MBBS/BAMS/BHMS/BUMS/BDS, (3) BCA & BSc (all), (4) Diploma Engineering (only Final Year), (5) Class 12th (Science).
- 3rd and 4th Year Degree Students of: (1) Engineering, (2) MBBS / BAMS/ BHMS/ BUMS/ BDS (3) BCA & BSc (only Computer & IT).
Amount & No. of Scholarship
- NEST Senior-I: 10 or more scholarships of Rs.35000/- each with Rs.75000/- to Rank No. 1 in this Category.
- NEST Senior-II: 10 or more scholarships of Rs.40000/- each with Rs. ONE LAKH to Rank No. 1 in this Category
- *In a Category/Group of Minimum 1000+ candidates all over India; thereafter, there is at least one scholarship in every 200 candidates on an average in order to maintain competitiveness in this contest
- Certificates of Appreciation are awarded to all candidates who score 40% and above in aggregate of all the five sections in the test
- The content, pattern and style of this test is similar to any other tests of objective type with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Fill-in-the-Blanks and Yes/No types of questions as, for example, in CET, CAT, GATE, GRE, TOEFL, etc
- Thus, any books that prepare you for these tests will also help you for NEST. Find relevant study material yourself to prepare for this test
- We do not prescribe any books on the subjects. Revise the same courses as you have studied in the current year and in the previous years
- This year the Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test will be conducted on 28th January 2018. The test Comprises of Four Sections as given below.
- NEST-I: Physics & Chemistry (Class XI & XII - advanced level) or
- NEST-II: Technical Aptitude - Choose any One Group**: A/B/C/D -No. of Questions: 50 and 50 Marks
- Mathematics OR Biology (Class XI & XII - advanced level) - No. of Questions: 50 and 50 Marks
- Verbal Aptitude (English Language) - No. of Questions: 50 and 50 Marks
- Logical Thinking (Reasoning) & General Knowledge- No. of Questions: 50 and 50 Marks
- All Sections/Subjects in Two (02) Hours - No. of Questions: 200 and 200 Marks
- Currently Test Centres are available only in 65 major cities in India, such as Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi & NCR, Dhanbad, Durgapur, Ernakulam (Cochin), Gangtok, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Itanagar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Latur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Meerut, Mumbai & Suburbs, Mysore, Nagpur, Nashik, Nellore, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Rajahmundry, Rajkot, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Rourkela, Shimla, Srinagar, Trichy, Trivandrum, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam etc.
- Engineering and Medical Courses log on to www.nest.net.in to apply and pay fees online/offline
- Candidates can apply online on the NEST 2019 official website www.nest.net.in. Applicants can download the application form and fill in the required details and paste their passport size photograph
- The completed application form is to be sent by registered post or courier along with a Demand Draft of Rs.200/- in favour of SEMCI India payable at Mumbai at the following address “SEMCI India, B-1, Piccadilly Flats, 57-J, Clare Road, Byculla, Mumbai-400008”
- NEST-I: Rs.650/- (Rupees Six Hundred Fifty only). Add late fee as / if required
- NEST-II: Rs.750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred Fifty only); add late fee as / if required
- The soft copy of the unsolved questions papers of the last six years (2006-2011) of NEST is absolutely free now.
- Result will be declared and displayed in the RESULT menu of NEST website www.nest.net.in on 05th April 2019 candidates will be able to download their score card and certificate of appreciation from the website in the 01st week of June 2019
Important Dates for 21st NEST Scholarships 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form: 30th September 2018
- Admit Cards will be sent by e-mail only a week before the test, i.e. on 22nd January 2019
- Date of Test: 27th January 2019 (Sunday)
- There is Late Fee of Rs.100/- in October & November 2018 and Rs.200/- in December 2018
- Result will be declared and displayed in the RESULT menu 05th April 2019
- You will be able to download your Score Card & Certificate of appreciation from our website in the 01st week of June 2019
Director, NEST C/o. SEMCI INDIA, B-1, Piccadilly Flats, 57-J, Clare Road, Byculla, Mumbai-400008, Tel.: 022-6529 2506 / 6529 2507, Fax: 022-2782 2583. Mobile No.: 08976 08 4445 / 09967 69 5545, Email email@example.com Websitewww.nest.net.in