Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2019 for Biotechnology & Life Sciences
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2019 – Applications are invited from Indian nationals working in overseas research Institutions for the “Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship”, a re-entry scheme of the Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
The Dept. of Biotechnology has instituted a scheme known as “Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship” for Indian Nationals who are working overseas in various fields of biotechnology and life sciences and are interested in taking up scientific research positions in India.
See: Scholarships in India 2019
Aim of the Fellowship
- The scheme is conceptualized with the aim of attracting highly skilled researchers (Indian nationals) working overseas in various cutting-edge disciplines of biotechnology (agriculture, health sciences, bio-engineering, energy, environment, bioinformatics and other related areas), by providing them an attractive avenue to pursue their R&D interests in Indian institutions.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D., M.D., M.Tech, M.VSc or equivalent degree with an outstanding track record as reflected in publications and other recognitions and with at least three years of postdoctoral research experience in overseas research laboratories
- Only candidates (Indian nationals) working overseas are eligible to apply; those who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of this advertisement are also eligible
- Researcher’s upto 45 years of age as determined on closing date of application are eligible to apply
Duration & Number
- The duration of the fellowship will be for a period of five years. In exceptional cases, the duration of the award may be extended by additional 2 years after a fresh appraisal of performance
- However, during extension only fellowship and HRA will be provided and no research/contingency grant will be provided.
- Upto 75 fellowships will be awarded every year
Nature of Support
- The amount of the fellowship will be of Rs.1,00,000/- (consolidated) per month
- HRA @ Rs.18,500/- p.m. consolidated
- Each awardee will, in addition, receive a research /contingency grant of Rs.10,00,000 lakhs for the 1st & 2nd year, Rs.750000 per annum for 3rd & 4th year and Rs.5,00,000 per annum for 5th year for purchase of consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, engaging project staff and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of the project Rs.50,000/annum institutional overhead
- Awardees will be eligible for regular research grant/s through extramural and other research schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India, provided that a Co-PI is a regular faculty member
See: National Scholarship 2019
- Applications may be sent as per proforma downloadable from DBT website www.dbtindia.nic.in and duly forwarded by the competent authority to Dr. Meenakshi Munshi, Director, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, 7th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003, both as a hard copy as well as Soft copy
- Applications not forwarded by the host institution will not be considered; soft copy to be mailed at Email: email@example.com only as a single file latest by 31st October 2019
- Interested candidates need to send in the application forms latest by 31st October 2019
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, DBT – Website www.dbtindia.nic.in