DBT announces Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship Scheme 2021 for Biotechnology and Life Sciences, Apply now
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship – Applications are invited from Indian nationals working in overseas research Institutions for the “Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship”, a re-entry scheme of the Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
The Dept. of Biotechnology has instituted a scheme known as “Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship” for Indian Nationals who are working overseas in various fields of biotechnology and life sciences and are interested in taking up scientific research positions in India.
Aim of Fellowship
- The scheme has been conceptualized with the aim of attracting highly skilled researchers (Indian Nationals) working overseas in various cutting-edge disciplines of Life-Sciences /Biotechnology/ Bio-Engineering/ Healthcare/ Agriculture/ Veterinary Sciences and all other allied areas by providing them an attractive avenue to pursue their R&D interests in Indian universities/ institutions.
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship Dates 2021
- Start Date of Online Application: 20th December, 2021
- End Date of Online Application: 30th January, 2022
- Submission of Hard Copy of Application: 10th February, 2022
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Scientists working in any area of life sciences & biotechnology, bio-engineering, health care (human and animal), agriculture and veterinary biotechnology, bioenergy and allied areas will be eligible to apply
- Applicants should possess a Ph.D/MD degree or equivalent in life sciences/ agriculture, bioinformatics or M.Tech in engineering or technology/ medicine etc. with at least three years of post-doctoral research experience in overseas research laboratories.
- Applicants who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of the advertisement are also eligible to apply; however, if they have secured a permanent position in India within this period then they are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have a proven/outstanding track record as evident from research publications and recognitions.
- In case a fellow is offered permanent position, he/she can only avail either fellowship or salary at a given time.
- The upper age limit for applying is 45 years.
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship Application Process 2021
- Application for Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship Programme 2021 – 2022 shall be by ONLINE mode only.
- To apply, interested applicants may kindly visit DBT-RLS Online Portal https://www.rlsfellowship.dbtindia.gov.in/
- Applicants must register on the DBT-RLS Online portal, fill complete information in the online application form and submit it before the closing date of application i.e. 30th January, 2022.
- Online application form to be filled by applicants comprises information pertaining to Personal Information, Academic Qualifications, Post-Doctoral Experience, Work Experience, Research Contribution, Referee Details, Proposed Research Work and Proposed Host Institution.
- Applicant must send a hard copy of submitted application form to DBT-HRD Project & Management Unit, Regional Centre for Biotechnology, NCR Biotech Science Cluster, 3rd Milestone, Faridabad-Gurugram Expressway, Faridabad – 121001, Haryana on or before 10th February, 2022.
- This is a senior fellowship programme and awardees are to be considered equivalent to Assistant Professor/Scientist-D level position. Fellows are entitled to take up teaching/research assignments & supervising Ph.D/MS students.
- The scheme provides a consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs. 1,00,000/- p.m.
- In addition, House Rent Allowance of Rs. 18,500/- p.m. (consolidated) is given to fellows. In case the host institute provides accommodation to the fellow, no House Rent Allowance is admissible. The fellowship is taxable as per Govt. of India rules.
- Fellows will receive Research/contingency grant of Rs.10.00 lakhs/ year for purchase of consumables, minor equipment, domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred for the implementation of research proposal which is part of fellowship, and Institutional overhead @ Rs. 50,000/- per year.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website