University of Calcutta PhD Admission in Arabic, Persian 2019
University of Calcutta PhD in Arabic and Persian Admission 2019 – University of Calcutta invites applications from interested candidates for admission into PhD course in Arabic and Persian for the academic year 2019.
- Master’s degree holders in Arabic and Persian with 55% marks/ ‘B’ grade in UGC 7 point scale/ equivalent grade in aggregate are eligible to apply. 5% relaxation in marks would be allowed to candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer) /Differently abled categories and the candidates obtained their Master degree prior to 19.09.1991.
- Selection will be based on the written test and interview.
- The Written Examination of Three-hour (03) duration shall comprise 02 long Question of 40 marks, and30 Multiple Choice Type Questions of 2 marks each, from the core subjects. There will be no negative marking.
- Long Questions and MCQ would be based on the Masters’ level syllabus in Arabic and Persian.
- Qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%.
- Successful candidates in the written examination will be called for an interview of 50 marks.
- Candidates who have already passed NET/ SET/ M Phil examinations/ obtained DST-INSPIRE Fellowship or under Teacher Fellowship are exempted from written examination, they can directly appear in the interview/viva-voce.
- Interview/viva-voce of the eligible candidates would take place in the office of the HoD on 07thJanuary 2020at 1.00 pm. Candidates must produce a well -structured research Proposal during the interview (not more than 1500 words or four A4-size papers).
- Relevant National/State reservation policy shall be strictly followed in this process.
- Last date of submission of application: 18th Dec. 2019
- Date of entrance test: 24th Dec. 2019 (1.00 pm)
- Date of declaration of result: 26th Dec. 2019
- Date of viva-voce: 07th Jan.2020
- Date of publishing list of selected candidates: 14th Jan. 2020
- Rs. 100 to be paid online through SBI Online payment through www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- Filled in application forms, accompanied by the Online Payment Receipt of Rs.100/- should be submitted in hard copy to the office of the Department of Arabic and Persian, Asutosh Building, IIIrd Floor, 87/1 College Street, Kolkata -700073 on all working days between 12 Noon to 5 PM.
For more details visit the official website.
University of Calcutta
87,1, College St, Calcutta University
College Square, Kolkata
West Bengal – 700073