University of Calcutta PhD in Arabic and Persian Admission 2019
University of Calcutta PhD Admission in Arabic, Persian 2019
University of Calcutta PhD in Arabic and Persian Admission 2019 - University of Calcutta invites applications from interested candidates for admission into PhD course in Arabic and Persian for the academic year 2019.
- Master’s degree holders in Arabic and Persian with 55% marks/ ‘B’ grade in UGC 7 point scale/ equivalent grade in aggregate are eligible to apply. 5% relaxation in marks would be allowed to candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer) /Differently abled categories and the candidates obtained their Master degree prior to 19.09.1991.
- Selection will be based on the written test and interview.
- The Written Examination of Three-hour (03) duration shall comprise 02 long Question of 40 marks, and30 Multiple Choice Type Questions of 2 marks each, from the core subjects. There will be no negative marking.
- Long Questions and MCQ would be based on the Masters’ level syllabus in Arabic and Persian.
- Qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%.
- Successful candidates in the written examination will be called for an interview of 50 marks.
- Candidates who have already passed NET/ SET/ M Phil examinations/ obtained DST-INSPIRE Fellowship or under Teacher Fellowship are exempted from written examination, they can directly appear in the interview/viva-voce.
- Interview/viva-voce of the eligible candidates would take place in the office of the HoD on 07thJanuary 2020at 1.00 pm. Candidates must produce a well -structured research Proposal during the interview (not more than 1500 words or four A4-size papers).
- Relevant National/State reservation policy shall be strictly followed in this process.
- Last date of submission of application: 18th Dec. 2019
- Date of entrance test: 24th Dec. 2019 (1.00 pm)
- Date of declaration of result: 26th Dec. 2019
- Date of viva-voce: 07th Jan.2020
- Date of publishing list of selected candidates: 14th Jan. 2020
- Rs. 100 to be paid online through SBI Online payment through www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- Filled in application forms, accompanied by the Online Payment Receipt of Rs.100/- should be submitted in hard copy to the office of the Department of Arabic and Persian, Asutosh Building, IIIrd Floor, 87/1 College Street, Kolkata -700073 on all working days between 12 Noon to 5 PM.
For more details visit the official website.
University of Calcutta
87,1, College St, Calcutta University
College Square, Kolkata
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India