NIT Manipur PhD Admission 2020, Eligibility, Application, Dates
NIT Manipur announce Admission to PhD Program in January 2020 Session
NIT Manipur PhD Admission 2020 - National Institute of Technology (NIT), Manipur invites applications for admission to PhD Programme for January Academic Semester 2020 Session
PhD Programme Offered
- PhD Program in the following disciplines - Mechanical Engineering (ME); Electrical Engineering (EE); Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ECE); Civil Engineering (CE); Physics; Chemistry; Humanities and Social Sciences
- The Institute admits PhD students under the following Categories:
- Sponsored (Full Time)
- Self-sponsored (Full Time)
- Project Staff (JRF-externally funded project)
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- The candidates for Ph.D. Programme may be offered admission, based on certain minimum academic requirements to be satisfied by the candidates as given below:
- Engineering and Technology: Master Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI equivalent to 60% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the University/Institute. OR
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Technology or MSc/MCA (wherever applicable) in related areas with an excellent academic record, with a CPI equivalent to 70% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the University/Institute with valid GATE score.
- Those Candidates who qualify GATE will be given preference.
- Sciences (Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics): Master Degree in Science in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI equivalent to 60% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the University/Institute with NET or valid GATE score.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC is applicable as per Govt. of India rules.
- Selection will be based Written Test/Interview.
- NET/GATE qualified candidates will be exempted from the written examination.
Syllabus for the Entrance Exam
- The syllabus for the entrance examination will be the GATE syllabus of the concerned discipline or syllabus prescribed by the concerned departments.
- Assistantship to the regular students (NET/GATE or equivalent) as per MHRD rules may be given subject to availability of fund.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the website www.nitmanipur.ac.in
- Application fee of Rs. 500/- (General and OBC) and Rs. 250/- (SC and ST) is payable through Demand Draft in favour of Director, NIT Manipur, payable at Bank of Baroda, NIT Manipur branch.
- Application form complete in all respects should reach the following address on or before 31-12-2019 by superscribing “Application for admission into PhD programme under………….Discipline”, on the envelope.
|Issue of application form||
09th December 2019 – 31st December 2019
Last date for receipt of hard copy of Application form
31st December 2019
Date of Written Test (for candidates who did not qualify NET/GATE) Date of interview at NIT Manipur
Will be announced by the respective departments
Counselling and Admission of PhD programme
Will be announced Later
For more details and updates, please Visit institute website: www.nitmanipur.ac.in
- National Institute of Technology Manipur, Langol, Imphal – 795004, Manipur, India, Telephone: 0385 2058566, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.nitmanipur.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India