Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech) announces Global Scholarships & Mentorship Program 2019
Goldman Sachs Global Scholarships & Mentorship Program for Women 2019 – The Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech®) Goldman Sachs Global Scholarships and Mentorship Program is a partnership between the Institute of International Education (IIE), a leader in a number of the world’s most prestigious scholarship and fellowship programs, and Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) a leading global investment bank and active investor in India, which is focused on developing young women and future local leaders in information, communication and technology (ICT).
The WeTech Goldman Sachs opportunity will be available for university students from participating universities in India for the 2018-2019 school year.
A total of forty-five (45) students will receive a six-month guided virtual mentorship opportunity from approximately April through October 2019 where the students will be matched 1:1 with an experienced mentor from Goldman Sachs.
Also See: Scholarships 2019
- Additionally, ten (10) USD 1,500 scholarships will be available for those demonstrate strong financial need with special circumstances. The financial award may be used to cover fees associated with a student’s academic course of study and is not strictly limited to tuition.
Eligibility for Goldman Sachs Scholarships 2019
- The scholarship eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be female.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant must be able to communicate in English.
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate student at a participating university in her second or third year of studies.
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in engineering, computer science, or other ICT related studies.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential in her chosen engineering or ICT field (reference letters are required).
- Applicant must be willing and available to participate in a virtual mentorship for a period of six months beginning from April to September 2019.
- Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have an excellent record of academic achievement (GPA).
- Demonstrate leadership ability through work experience, volunteer experience, community, and academic activities. Of interest are applicants who have:
- Contributed to coding clubs or associations on campus,
- Participated in campus‐run coding competitions, or
Participating Universities/Institutes for 2018-2019:
- Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), Delhi
- Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Pune
- PESIT, Bengaluru
- Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (RVCE), Bengaluru
- Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR
- IIT Hyderabad
Goldman Sachs Scholarships 2019 Application Process
- Candidates need to apply online
- Click here to apply online
Goldman Sachs Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application Opens: 30th November 2018
- Application Deadline: 31st January 2019
- Letters of Recommendation deadline: 15th February 2019
- Scholarship and mentorship winners announced: Late March 2019
For further details on the same, https://www.iie.org/Programs