University of Queensland, Australia announces Leveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2019
Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2019 – The University of Queensland, Australia invites applications for Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2019 from undergraduate engineering applicants.
- The scholarship aims to support and encourage meritorious students in Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) or integrated Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Master of Engineering program to become the future leaders for giving solutions to the world’s most pressing sustainability challenges
See: Scholarships in India 2019
- Enrolment status: New students, currently enrolled students
- Student type: Domestic students, International students
- Level of study: Undergraduate
- Study area: Engineering and Computing
- Number Awarded – Up to 5
- The Liveris Undergraduate Scholarship was established in 2019 by global business leader Andrew Liveris and his wife Paula Liveris, who generously donated $13.5 million to the University of Queensland to help establish the Andrew N. Liveris Academy for Innovation and Leadership in the University’s Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology
- The Liveris Academy aspires to build a generation of effective and inspiring leaders with a mindset geared towards creating a sustainable future. The Liveris Undergraduate scholarship is maintained by the income generated from an endowed fund.
- The selected candidates will get travel support of up to AUD 10,000 per year for an approved gap semester, exchange or internship opportunity.
Eligibility Criteria for Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2019
An applicant is eligible for the Scholarship, if the applicant –
- submits an application by the closing date for applications; and
- will complete, or has completed year 12 in the two year period prior to the year of award and achieves a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank of 99.00 (or equivalent) for their year 12 studies; or
- has completed no more than one semester towards the Approved Program in the year of award; and
- has not undertaken any tertiary study at Bachelor level or higher prior to enrolling in the Approved Program, other than studies in special university programs designed for secondary school students; and
- is enrolled, or intends to enrol full-time in an Approved Program in the year of award, or after an approved deferment of one year; and
- does not hold another scholarship that the Director considers to be similar.
See: National Scholarship 2019
- For the selection process, the Director must establish a selection committee, comprising
- a) the Director, or nominee, as Chair of the committee; and
- b) the Director of the Dow Centre for Sustainable Engineering or nominee; and
- c) the Associate Dean (Academic) or nominee.
- The Scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by–
- a) academic achievement in courses undertaken in Year 12 and/or in an Approved Program; and
- b) personal qualities including leadership potential; and
- c) quality of the short video and essay; and
- d) any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success at UQ and in their subsequent career.
- Applications must be submitted in the form of a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a short video, a short essay and two letters of recommendation.
- The selection committee may decide to interview short-listed applicants.
Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2019 Application Process
- If this scholarship has rules, download and read them before applying.
- This application is for the semester 1, 2020 scholarship round. You are eligible to apply if you are a commencing student completing Year 12 in 2019, or if you commenced first year study in semester 2 2019.
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship
- Step 1: Visit the online application link.
- Step 2: Read the important information and eligibility conditions carefully and agree to the confirmation. Click on ‘Next’.
- Step 3: Fill in the required details.
- Step 4: Combine all of the required document as one PDF file and name it as Surname_Liveris.pdf.
- Step 5: Create a short video of 2 minutes and paste its link into a word document and save the document as a pdf file with name as Surname_Liveris_Video.pdf.
- Step 6: Upload the PDF and Submit.
Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- This application is for the semester 1, 2020 scholarship round
- Application Deadline: 14th October 2019