Indian National Science Academy announces INSA-Visiting Fellowship 2019
INSA Visiting Scientist Fellowship 2019 – Indian National Science Academy (INSA) invites applications for from Indian citizens for the awards of INSA – Visiting Fellowship 2019 for conducting advanced research or undergoing specialized training at Indian Research Institutes/Laboratories for the year 2019
INSA Visiting Scientist Program
- To conduct advanced research for undergoing specialised training in Indian research institutes/laboratories other than one’s own institution, Academy has instituted this Visiting Scientists Program since 1991.
- Acquiring furtherance of research capabilities for undergoing training in specific techniques, or utilising facilities not available in their own institutions. Book writing is not permitted under this Program
Details of Awards
- These Fellowships will be awarded on a competitive basis to the research scholars/scientists for furtherance of their research and/or research capabilities for carrying out collaborative research, undergoing training in specific techniques, or utilizing facilities not available in their own institutions
Number of Awards
- The number of INSA-Visiting Scientist positions to be awarded each year will be a maximum of 120 man-months per annum.
- During the fellowship period, awardees will be paid consolidated amount of Rs.30,000/- (maximum) per month to cover their expenses related to boarding, lodging, travel etc.
- The position shall be provided to a scientist to work for a minimum period of one month to a maximum of six months in a laboratory or a research institution of his/her choice in a city within India other than his/her own city.
Eligibility Criteria for INSA Visiting Scientist Fellowship 2019
- The applicant should be a Scientist/Research Scholar/INSPIRE faculty etc in any R & D organization including Universities or Affiliated Colleges in India. Applicants should not have availed INSA Visiting Fellowship in last one year
Also See : Scholarships
Selection Process for INSA Visiting Scientist Fellowship 2019
- Applications on prescribed proforma will be invited once a year, through proper channel so as to reach the Academy by 31st January preceding the year of selection. The selection will be made by the ‘Science Promotion Committee’ at its meeting scheduled to be held during March-April in the following year
INSA Visiting Scientist Fellowship 2019 Application Procedure
- The application format is available http://insaindia.res.in/visiting.php
- Applications will be invited once a year. The applicants would be required to provide a concise account of their plan of work/ study besides their bio-data highlighting their achievements. It would be desirable that the applicant should have approached the host institution and the scientist concerned to ascertain their concurrence to accept him/her
- Candidates should submit their application (Two Sets) on prescribed application form available in the Academy through proper channel to the Deputy Executive Director (Scientific), Indian National Science Academy, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002
- The decision of the Academy will be communicated during April/May in the following year
INSA Visiting Scientist Fellowship 2019 Dates
- Last Date for Receiving Nominations: 31st December 2018
INSA New Delhi
Indian National Science Academy Call for Visiting Scientist (INSA), New Delhi, Indian National Science Academy (INSA), Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002, India, Email: email@example.com, Website www.insaindia.res.in