Chinmaya Scholarship and Entrance Test (CSET) 2019 for Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth Admission 2019
Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth Admission 2019 – The Chinmaya Scholarship & Entrance Test (CSET) is an opportunity for talented students to qualify for admissions and scholarships to support their undergraduate study at the Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (CVV), Cochin for the academic year 2019-20.
Also See : Scholarships
CSET candidates will be eligible to apply for any undergraduate program -Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (CVV) offer for 2019-20 session
- BA (Sanskrit)
- BA (Applied Psychology)
- BA-B.Ed or B.Sc-B.Ed – 4-year dual degree program
Eligibility Criteria for Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth Admission 2019
- Candidates desirous of applying to Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth academic programs must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Undergraduate and Integrated Masters: 10+2 with minimum 65%
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or State Boards, CBSE and ICSE – minimum of 65% in 12th grade.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) students – the “Diploma”. (IB certificate students are not eligible for admission.)
- Cambridge University students (GCE/IGCSE/GCSE examinations of the approved British Exam Bodies) – the ‘A’ Level certificate with five subjects in A, B, C Grades including English at Ordinary (‘O’) Level and two out of three subjects at Advanced Level.
- Candidates currently in their 12th grade or equivalent school levels can also apply provided their final exams are being held before 30th May. Such candidates may submit their 12th grade passing certificate/mark sheet before 15th August. Their admission shall be strictly provisional, subject to the submission of the qualifying certificates by the prescribed last date.
- Postgraduate: Bachelors in relevant stream with 65%
- PG Diploma: Bachelors in any stream with 65%
- BCom, BBA, BA Applied Psychology – Students must have studied English as one of the subjects.
- BA (Sanskrit); Integrated Masters (Sanskrit – Vyākaraṇa or Advaita Vedantā) – Knowledge of Devanāgari is preferable.
- B.A Music – Hindustani Vocal, Tabla, Bansuri– Prior learning from a Guru for four years or a Madhyama Poorna qualification in the chosen discipline is prefered. A short performance video clip is required to be submitted during the application process, which will become an important deciding factor. Additionally, CVV may mandate live auditions of the applicants.
- MA (Sanskrit) – Bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit or in any discipline associated with Sanskrit is prefered. Candidates may also apply if they have a working knowledge of spoken and written Sanskrit.
Chinmaya Scholarship & Entrance Test (CSET) 2019 Exam Date
- While CSET Registration will open on November 18th, CVV will announce dates by November 25th – there will be multiple test dates and time slots to suit students, convenience. There will be venues announced for different cities
CSET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The complete exam pattern for CSET 2019 is given below for admission into various UG programmes in various pre-selected test centres. Candidates can book their slots or else the University will automatically book the slots on the basis of information provided in the application form.
- Exam Mode: CSET will be administered online in specific predefined venues.
- Venue: To be Announced – see URL for more info
- Type of Questions: The exam paper will consist of:
- 80 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) worth one mark spread across 5 categories:
- a) General Knowledge
- b) Quantitative ability
- c) Verbal Ability (including Reading Comprehension)
- d) Basic Knowledge of Indian Culture
- e) Logical Reasoning
- There will be 1 Essay type question
- Language Medium: The exam paper will be in English language.
- Time Duration: The total time duration to complete the test will be of 2 hours.
- CSET 2019 marking scheme for admission into programmes is discussed below:
- For every correct answer for an MCQ, +1 mark will be awarded
- For every unanswered MCQ, no marks will be awarded
- For every wrong answer for an MCQ, -.25 (negative) will be awarded
- The Essay Type question will be scored out of 20
- The maximum marks someone can score in CSET 2019 will be 100 marks
Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth Admission 2019 Application Form
- To register for CSET, we need information on your name address, contact information. We will e-mail detailed instructions for the CSET Test to all those who complete registration.
- Just follow the below steps to apply for the CSET 2019-20,
- Step 1: Go to the following link [http://apply.cvv.ac.in/cset]
- Step 2: Then fill the application form with the required fields.
- Step 3: Tick the check box to accept the declarations.
- Step 4: Finally submit your application.
- When you provide an email/cell phone number in the CSET Registration form, make sure it is an email/cell phone that you check often to ensure you do not miss any important information. There is no fee for registering and appearing for CSET for the coming academic year.
- You need to create an applicant profile to apply to the programs at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth. If you are visiting the application section for the first time, kindly register by providing the required details in the “Register Now” section
- Your applicant profile credentials would be sent to you on the email address that you provide
Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth Admission 2019 Dates
- CSET Registration will open on 18th November 2018
- CVV will announce dates by 25th November 2018
- Chinmaya Scholarship & Entrance Test (CSET) open form December 2018