Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) announces Scholarships for Young Artistes 2019
CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2019 – Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), Ministry of Culture, Government of India has invited applications from Indian nationals under the Scheme for the Award of Scholarships to Young Artistes in different Cultural Fields for 2019-20.
- The Scholarship Scheme aims to give assistance to young artistes of outstanding promise for advanced training within India in the field of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Theatre, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music etc.
- The duration of the scholarship will be two years
CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2019 Details
- There are 400 scholarships available for the current year and the duration of the scholarship will be two years. Each scholar will receive Rs. 5000/- per month to cover his/ her living expenses on travelling, books, art material or other equipment and tuition or training charges, if any.
- The nature of training will be determined in each case after taking into consideration the previous training and background of the scholar. Normally, it will be in the nature of advance training under a Guru/ Master or in a recognized institution
- Consequent upon his/her selection, the Scholar will be required to undergo a rigorous training in the designated field
Eligibility Criteria for CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2019
- The age of the applicant should not be less than 18 years and more than 25 years as on 01st April 2019 for the year 2019-20.
- Applicants should have adequate general education to pursue their training effectively and must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of their training effectively. They must have already acquired a degree of proficiency in the chosen field as the scholarships are meant for advanced training and not for beginners.
- Applicant should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institutes. A Certificate to this effect duly signed by the present Guru/Institute and former Guru/Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application
- The minimum qualification for Visual Arts is Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or equivalent. In Sculpture and all other fields (Music, Dance, Theatre and Folk and Indigenous Art etc) no minimum educational qualification is prescribed
- Those who have already availed scholarship in any field under this scheme cannot apply again
See: National Scholarship
Selection & Responsibilities
- An Expert-Committee comprising experts in different fields duly constituted by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, would interview all the eligible applicants on the basis of their applications and proposed program of training to select the most meritorious among them. Candidates eligible for the interview will be asked to submit a hard copy of their application with all the required documents.
- The names of the candidates finally selected for the award of Scholarships under this Scheme will be posted on the websites of CCRT (www.ccrtindia.gov.in) & the Ministry of Culture (www.indiaculture.nic.in), after the selection process is completed and the selection is approved by the competent authority.
- If a candidate who is awarded Scholarship is found ineligible for it at any later stage, the Scholarship so awarded to him/her will be cancelled & money will also be recouped.
- The awardees will submit six-monthly progress reports. In cases, where such reports are not received on time, further releases of the Scholarship amount will be withheld.
- All awards sanctioned under the Scheme shall be disbursed at present by the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India directly to the Awardees(s)
CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2019 Application Process
- Applications will be accepted online only. Please read the instructions carefully before filling up the online form. Incomplete applications in any respect will be rejected summarily and no further correspondence will be done/ entertained.
- Each successful application will be allotted a unique enrollment number by the system. Candidate may refer to the number in their future correspondence with the CCRT or Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
- Applicant can access filled/submitted application after login again on CSMS portal i.e http://csms.nic.in. Select “Application Status” on Dashboard. Select Scheme and Financial year then click on search. Application details will be displayed. Click on “Print Application” to print or download submitted application. It may be noted that applicants will not get any further opportunity to edit the details after closing date of online application.
- The list of eligible candidates for the interview will be posted on CCRT’s website www.ccrtindia.gov.in.
- All the eligible candidates will be informed for the date, time and venue of the interview/performance and the documentary requirements on the email address provided by them in their application(s). The candidate(s) are required to remember their email ID and respective password. Candidate must provide correct and accessible e-mail address so that he/she may be informed of the interview dates.
- In case of any query related to eligibility, etc., contact Director, CCRT, through email at [email protected], [email protected] or on Telephone Number 011-25309395/ 25309338 and Section Officer, S & F Section at phone no. 011- 24642157 and [email protected]
CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2019 Important Date
- The Last Date for the Receipt of online Applications: 05th December 2019