Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) announces Scholarships for Young Artistes 2018
CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2018 – Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), Ministry of Culture, Government of India has invited applications from Indian nationals under the Scheme for the Award of Scholarships to Young Artistes in different Cultural Fields for 2018-19
Also See : Scholarships
- The Scholarship Scheme aims to give assistance to young artistes of outstanding promise for advanced training within India in the field of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Theatre, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music etc.
CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2018 Details
- There are 400 scholarships available for the current year and the duration of scholarship will be two years. Each scholar will receive Rs. 5000/- per month to cover his/ her living expenses on travelling, books, art material or other equipment and tuition or training charges, if any.
- The nature of training will be determined in each case after taking into consideration the previous training and background of the scholar. Normally, it will be in the nature of advance training under a Guru/ Master or in a recognized institution
- Consequent upon his/her selection, the Scholar will be required to undergo a rigorous training in the designated field
Eligibility Criteria for CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2018
- Applicant should not be less than 18 years and more than 25 years as on 01st April 2018
- Applicants should have adequate general education to pursue their training effectively and must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of their training effectively. They must have already acquired a degree of proficiency in the chosen field as the scholarships are meant for advanced training and not for beginners.
- Applicant should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institutes. A Certificate to this effect duly signed by the present Guru/Institute and former Guru/Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application
- The minimum qualification for Visual Arts is Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or equivalent. In Sculpture and all other fields (Music, Dance, Theatre and Folk and Indigenous Art etc) no minimum educational qualification is prescribed
- Those who have already availed scholarship in any field under this scheme cannot apply again
Selection & Responsibilities
- An Expert-Committee comprising experts in different fields duly constituted by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, would interview all the shortlisted applicants on the basis of their applications and proposed program of training to select the most meritorious among them
- The names of the candidates finally selected for the award of Scholarships under this Scheme will be posted on the websites of CCRT & the Ministry of Culture, after the selection process is completed and the selection is approved by the competent authority
- The awardees will submit six-monthly progress reports. In cases, where such reports are not received on time, further releases of the Scholarship amount will be withheld.
- All awards sanctioned under the Scheme shall be disbursed at present by the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India directly to the Awardees(s)
CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2018 Application Form
- Applications can be submitted online latest by 11th December 2018 at http://csms.nic.in/scheme_status.php
- It can also be submitted through www.ccrtindia.gov.in
- A person should apply only in one subject/ field in which he/she is confident, as only one scholarship could be availed under the Scheme
- All applications of those, who apply in more than one subject/field would be rejected straight away
- Each successful application will be allotted a unique enrolment number by the system. Applicant may refer to the number in their future correspondence with the CCRT or Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India. Applicant can access filled/submitted application after login again on CSMS portal http://csms.nic.in, select ‘Application Status’ on Dashboard, select Scheme and Financial year and then Click on search
- Application details will be displayed. Click on ‘Print Application’, to print or download submitted application. It may be noted that applicants will not get any further opportunity to edit the details after closing date of online application
- The list of shortlisted candidates for the interview will be posted at www.ccrtindia.gov.in
- In case of any query related to eligibility, etc., contact Director, CCRT, through email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Telephone Number 011-25309395/ 25309338 and Section Officer, S & F Section at phone no. 011- 24642157 and email@example.com
CCRT Scholarships for Young Artistes 2018 Important Date
- The Last Date for the Receipt of online Applications: 11th December 2018