British Council 70th Year Scholarships 2019-20
British Council Anniversary Scholarship 2019 – British Council has launched the second edition of its 70th Anniversary Scholarship programme for Indian Women to pursue a master’s program in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship programme, valued at GBP 1 million, will fund full tuition for 70 Indian women to study a Master’s programme in STEM for the academic year 2019-20, enabling young women to access some of the world’s best universities in UK
British Council’s investment in women scholars supports Indian Prime Minister Modi’s shift to women-led development and also supports its objectives as below.
Also See : Scholarships
British Council Anniversary Scholarship Details
- The scholarships are open to women across India.
- The scholarship will cover full tuition for Master’s in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Program in a UK university starting September/ October 2019.
- Living and other related expenses will be borne by the candidate or their sponsor.
British Council Anniversary Scholarship 2019 Application Process
- Interested students will need to submit their application for the scholarship through their chosen UK university. Please follow the steps provided below
Step I: Check your Eligibility
- Do you plan to pursue a one year master’s programme in a STEM subject at a UK university in September 2019?
- Do you have an admit to a UK University to pursue a STEM course of your choice?
- Do you have excellent academic and extracurricular track record?
- Are you a woman with a valid Indian passport?
Step II: Formal admission offer for a Master’s Program in a STEM subject at a UK university
- Contact your UK university’s international office or scholarship team
- Confirm with the UK university if you will qualify for the British Council 70th Year Scholarships 2019-20
- Request that you be nominated for the scholarship
Step III: Post nomination by your UK University
- Confirm with the UK university that your nomination is submitted
- You will be directed by the university to submit an application for the British Council 70th Year Scholarship 2019-2020
- Submit a complete application before Jan 31, 2019
- Post submission, you will receive an email with the application details for your reference
- To learn more about applying to universities in the UK refer to https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/
British Council Anniversary Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- Submit a Complete Application before 31st January 2019