Ramanujan Fellowships 2018 Notification, Application, Dates
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB offers Ramanujan Fellowships 2018 for Scientists and Engineers
Ramanujan Fellowships 2018 - Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invites nominations for the Scheme Ramanujan Fellowships 2018 from Scientists and Engineers.
Also See : Scholarships 2018
- This Fellowship is designed for outstanding engineers and scientists across the world who want to take up scientific research positions in India and especially, for those engineers or scientists who want to return to India.
- The fellowships are scientist -specific and very selective.
- All areas of science (in the broadest terms) will be covered by this fellowship.
Eligibility for SERB Ramanujan Fellowships 2018
- The fellowship is open to brilliant scientists and engineers from all over the world who are below the age of 55 years.
- The applicant should possess a higher degree or equivalent, such as Ph.D. in Science/Engineering, Masters in Engineering or Technology/MD in Medicine, etc. and have adequate professional experience.
- These Fellowships are very selective and only those who have a proven/outstanding track-record as evident from their research publications and recognitions would be eligible.
- If selected, the candidate has to opt for either this fellowship or his present position/fellowship, if any
- The duration of the fellowship will be for five years, and not extendable
Nature of Support
- The value of the fellowship will be Rs.85,000/- per month
- Each Fellow will, in addition, receive a research grant of Rs.7.00 lakh per annum for conferences and other expenses.
- The Ramanujan Fellows will be eligible for receiving regular research grants through the extramural funding schemes of various S&T agencies of the Govt. of India
- The scientists can choose to work at any S&T institution including University Departments or other academic Institutions and National Laboratories in India, provided the Institution at which they wish to pursue research is willing to provide the necessary R&D, administrative and basic infrastructural support to facilitate research
- The availability of Ramanujan Fellowships will be advertised by various academic and research Institutions on their websites in order to receive applications from interested scientists and technologists
- The Institutions will subsequently submit their recommended nominations to the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). Institutions may consider setting up appropriate mechanisms to scrutinize and recommend the nominations.
- Individual scientists and technologists can also approach the institutions for hosting them for the Fellowship and forwarding their nominations to SERB for the Fellowship.
- An eligible candidate can submit the Ramanujan Fellowship application in the prescribed format and then contact an Institute to host the Ramanujan Fellowship.
- The application should be forwarded by the Head of the host Institute. All nominations are to be sent to:Dr. Pravakar Mohanty, Scientist-C, Science & Engineering Research Board, 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall, Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110070
- For more details, click on this link
Important Dates for Ramanujan Fellowship 2018
- Last Date for Online Registration for Scholarship is 31st December 2018