Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2019-20
POSE Scholarship Scheme 2019 – Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship for the Year 2019-20 conducts Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of Haryana
In order to encourage meritorious students towards science education and to support them for continuation of their science education up to higher level, Haryana State Council for Science & Technology provides scholarship to the meritorious students. The details of the scheme are as under
See: Scholarships in India 2019
The Scholarship is offered the following Courses:
- 3 year B.Sc.
- 4 year B.S.
- 5 year Integrated M.Sc. / M.S.
- 2 year M.Sc.
- The scholarship is offered in basic and natural science viz. Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics, Geology, Astrophysics, Astronomy, Electronics, Bio-Chemistry, Anthropology, Microbiology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Atmospheric Sciences and Oceanic Sciences
Number of Scholarship
- 3-year B.Sc. /4-year BS/5-year Integrated M.Sc. /M.S. Courses – 150
- 2-year M.Sc. Course – 50
Amount of Scholarships
- Rs.4000/- PM for 3-year B.Sc. Course
- Rs.6000/- PM for 2-year M.Sc. Course
- If the students take admission in 4-year B.S. or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. then the amount of scholarship during 1st, 2nd & 3rd year will be Rs.4000/- PM and during 4th & 5th year Rs.6000/- PM
- The selected students will get mentorship grant (one time) of Rs. 12,000/- in 3-year B.Sc. Program, Rs.17000/- in 4-year B.S. Program, Rs.22000/- in 5-year integrated M.Sc. Program and Rs.10000/- in 2-year M.Sc. Program
- For 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc. /M.S. in basic & natural science subjects, the students should have passed class X and XII Board examination from a school situated in Haryana with minimum 85% marks for Haryana Board schools and 90% marks for other boards like CBSE, ICSE etc. in 12th class. There shall be no cut off for admission in National Institutions like IIT, IISER, NISER, DAB-CBS, IISc etc
- For 2-year M.Sc. in basic & natural science subjects, the student should have passed X, XII and B.Sc. /B.A. (B.A. for M.Sc. Mathematics) from school/college/university situated in Haryana with minimum 75% marks in B.Sc./B.A. class
See: National Scholarship 2019
- For 3-year B.Sc. or 4-year BS or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. Courses merit list will be prepared based on average percentage score obtained in class 12th board examination in English/Hindi (better of the two) and best of three out of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology (i.e. Total of 4 subjects/Maximum marks in 4 subjects = %age)
- For 2-year M.Sc. the merit list will be prepared on the basis of average percentage marks of B.Sc. /B.A. course in three years
- The selected students will get mentorship grant (one time) of Rs. 12,000/- in 3-year B.Sc. program, Rs. 17,000/- in 4-year B.S. program, Rs. 22,000/- in 5-year integrated M.Sc. program and Rs. 10,000/- in 2-year M.Sc. program
- An advertisement in the leading newspapers will be published for inviting the applications through universities/ colleges for the award of scholarship after the admissions in the Under Graduate/ Post Graduate classes
- The applications for POSE Scholarship should be sent in the prescribed application format, which can be downloaded from the website of the Department of Science and Technology, Haryana
- All correspondence in respect of POSE scholarship may be made in the name of Secretary, Executive Committee, and Haryana State Council for Science & Technology, Bays No. 35-38, Sector 2, Panchkula. Phone No. 0172-2563439, 2560309, 2560339, Fax No. 0172-2560018, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The online applications can be submitted through SARAL portal from 24th July 2019
- Last Date for Submitting Online Applications is 24th September 2019 (05.00 PM)
Haryana State Council for Science and Technology HSCST, Panchkula (Haryana), Secretary, Department of Science & Technology, Haryana, Bays No.35-38, Sector 2, Panchkula-134109 (Haryana), Ph.: 0172-2563439, Website www.dstharyana.org