SERI announces ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2022 in Switzerland for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships – ThinkSwiss is a scholarship program funded by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI). It is managed by the Office of Science, Technology, and Higher Education at the Embassy of Switzerland in Washington, D.C. and supported by the Embassy of Switzerland in Ottawa, Canada.
The aim of the program is to promote research opportunities in Switzerland for American and Canadian students and to foster exchange between Swiss, U.S., and Canadian universities and research institutions. The ThinkSwiss program encompasses both the Summer School Travel Grants and Research Scholarships.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships Dates 2022
- Submission of application and documents Deadline : 15th January 2022
- Prorated amount according to the length of stay: a monthly scholarship of CHF 1,600 (approx. USD 1,600) for a period of two to three months (CHF 4,800 maximum).
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships Eligibility Criteria 2022
- To apply for a ThinkSwiss Scholarship you must:
- currently be enrolled at an accredited U.S. or Canadian university/college,
- be a graduate student or an undergraduate student who will have completed their sophomore year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins, and
- Provide a written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that they will accept you for a research stay in their group.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships Application Process 2022
- In order to apply, please fill out the contact form below and upload all supporting documents in PDF format by January 15, 2022. In order to be considered for this scholarship, each application must contain:
- The completed application online form
- A research project outline (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agreed on with your host professor, max. 2 pages)
- A letter of motivation/explanation of why you should be awarded the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship, why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future, and why you choose Switzerland as your research destination (please keep this within 2 pages)
- A CV (no more than two pages)
- A copy of your current university transcripts and diplomas (if applicable)
- A letter of acceptance from the host professor and/or hosting institution in Switzerland (we expect this letter to highlight the relevance of your research)
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities
- For further questions please contact email@example.com. Note: January 15, 2022, is the final deadline. We cannot review applications submitted after the deadline.
- After you have successfully submitted your application, you will receive an automated email response confirming your submission.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website