Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) announces Pre Recruitment Test” for insurance advisors
IRDA Exam 2019 – Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) exam also known as LIC agent Exam is conducted by the Insurance Institute of India (III) every year on all India bases for recruitment of Insurance agents in insurance companies.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
About Insurance Institute of India (III)
- The Insurance Institute of India (Regd.) formerly known as Federation of Insurance Institutes (J.C. Setalvad Memorial) (Regd.) was established in the year 1955, for the purpose of promoting Insurance Education & Training in the country.
- The Institute is a professional body serving the cause of the Insurance Industry. The Institute conducts examinations at three levels: Licentiate, Associateship and Fellowship as also examinations – Certificate in Foundations of Casualty Actuarial Science (General Insurance) and Certificate in Insurance Salesmanship.
- This is essentially an introductory course dealing with the two compulsory papers i.e. Principles of Insurance and Practice of Insurance (Life and Non-Life) and one more paper as optional from professional exam curriculum.
- At this level, students may have the option to choose subjects either Life or Non-Life or both combined. The scheme of study provides knowledge of the chosen subject. However, candidates will have to get familiar with the practical aspects related to these subjects.
- This is the highest level and involves advanced studies of specified areas.
IRDA Exam September 2019 Important Dates
- Pay online fees for registration/ paper enrollment* ( Registration (New Candidates)*, Subject Enrollment(Payment of fees), Change of Center**, Change of Subject (To subject having similar credit points)** – 06th to 15th July, 2019
- Book centre, date & time of the examination i.e. Slot Booking – 1st to 8th August, 2019
- Examination window period available for those who book their slot – Examination Dates
- Saturday, 31st August, 2019
- Sunday,1st September,2019
- Saturday,7th September,2019
- Sunday,8th September,2019
- Scribe Request (For Physically / Visually challenged candidates) – on or up to 10th August, 2019
- Result – To be declared on or before 30th September,2019
- *New candidates have to first register as a member with Insurance Institute of India (III) and then pay the paper enrollment fees. Please refer “Help Manual for New Candidates” available under Help Desk menu for help.
- **No refund or adjustment of Registration fees, Examination fees or any other fees is permitted under any circumstances.
Eligibility Criteria for IRDA Exam 2019
- A candidate will be eligible to appear for the Professional examination if he has,
- Successfully completed Matriculation, S.S.L.C., S.S.C. or any equivalent examination; OR
- Has worked with an insurer either in the field or in the office, for a period of at least three years prior to the date of registration
IRDA Exam 2019 Syllabus
- The Syllabus of IRDA Exam comprises subjects questions related to Insurance, loans, regulations and their general application. However, there can be some questions of numerical problems like percentage, discount and loan calculation, etc.
IRDA Exam 2019 Pattern
IRDA Exam consists of short answer type question in the form of:
- Yes – No
- Right –Wrong
- Match the Column
- Multiple Choice Answers
- Passing Marks for all the subjects/papers of objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) (On-line/ Off-line) is 60% & above. The duration of the examination is 2 hours. If a candidate obtains at least 75% of the maximum marks in any subject, he/ she will be deemed to have passed with Distinction in that subject. Certificates / Diplomas will be issued to candidates only on their obtaining minimum required Credit Points and passing compulsory subjects. AIII and FIII Diploma will be awarded only after the candidates are duly elected as Associates and Fellows of the III as per by-laws of the Insurance Institute of India.
How to apply for IRDA Exam 2019 – Application Process
These are the only two channels available for enrolling for Examinations
- Candidate can register and enroll for the examination by availing on-line registration facility through III website www.insuranceinstituteofindia.com. The details of on-line registration are given under a separate topic of Online Registration in this Handbook.
- Candidate can also submit their examination entry form to the local Associated Institute nearest to their residence or work place along with the fees as given in TABLE OF FEES. Candidates will be required to submit entry form available in the Associated Institute. Entry form is available on the website for download.
IRDA Exam 2019 Fee
- IRDA Exam fee for each entry form is Rs.200/- (Rs.400/- for Life & General Insurance)
- Requisite fee along with two photographs are to be submitted to the Insurance Institute of India, Universal Insurance Building, 6th Floor, Sir P.M.Road, Fort, Mumbai-400001l, through the sponsoring Insurance Company.
IRDA Exam 2019 Centres
- IRDA Exam venue is usually the place where the training is conducted. However, the Presiding Officer of the exam can change the venue and his decision will be final and binding.
- List of Exam center can be checked from the official website.
IRDA Exam 2019 Admit card/ Hall Ticket
Admit Cards (Hall Tickets) for offline examination will be available:
- On website www.insuranceinstituteofindia.com two weeks prior to the examination. Candidate can download the Examination Admission Cards (Hall Ticket) from website after login.
- On email id given by the candidates in their profile.
- With the Associated Institute/ ALC enrolling the candidate.
- With the Associated Institute of which the candidate is a member.
- Details of the centre and venue for examination will also be available on the III’s website 15 days prior to the date of Examination.
- No hardcopy of hall ticket will be sent to candidates by post