Apply Online for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test APSET 2019 for Recruitment of Assistant Professors/Lecturers
AP State Eligibility Test (APSET) 2019 – Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET-2019) for the Year 2019 will be conducted on 20th October 2019 by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, in accordance with G.O. Ms., Higher Education (CE) Department and Accreditation of UGC, New Delhi for recruitment and promotions of Lecturers/Assistant Professors in Universities and Degree Colleges as per the UGC Regulations for the year 2019
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for APSET-2019 may submit their application through online mode.
Also See : State Entrance Exams
AP State Eligibility Test 2019 Details
- AP State Eligibility Test (APSET-2019) for the year 2019 to be conducted by AU for recruitment and promotions of Lecturers/Assistant Professors in Degree Colleges for the year 2019
- Name of the Organization: Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test
- Name of Posts: Lecturers/Assistant Professor
- UGC, New Delhi has granted Accreditation to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam for conduct of three State eligibility test (SET) Exams during the next three years (once in a year) on behalf of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
Also See : Latest Entrance Exams
AP State Eligibility Test 2019 Important Dates
- APSET 2019 Notification date: 28th July 2019
- Commencement of Submission of Online Applications: 05th August 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Online Applications Without Late Fee (Only Registration Fee): 11th September 2019
- With a Late fee of Rs.1000+Registration Fee: 19th September 2019
- With a Late fee of Rs.2000+Registration Fee: 26th September 2019
- With a Late fee of Rs.5000+Registration Fee (Exam Centre at Visakhapatnam only): 03rd October 2019
- Date of Examination: 20th October 2019
- The State Eligibility Test (SET) is based on the pattern of the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC. The APSET-2019 Exam Is conducted in 30 subjects for which UGC has granted permission
- The list of subjects is as follows:
- (1) Anthropology; (2) History; (3) Chemical Sciences; (4) Commerce; (5) Computer Science & Application; (6) Economics; (7) Education; (8) English; (9) Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & planetary Science; (10) Environmental Science; (11) Geography; (12) Hindi; (13) Journalism and Mass Communications; (14) Law; (15) Life Sciences; (16) Library and information Science; (17) Management; (18) Mathematical Sciences; (19) Physical Sciences;(20) Physical Education; (21) Philosophy; (22) Political Science; (23) Psychology; (24) Public Administration; (25) Sanskrit; (26) Sociology; (27) Social Work; (28) Telugu; (29) Urdu and (30) Visual Arts
Eligibility Criteria for AP State Eligibility Test 2019
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Backward Classes (BC) /Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/persons with disability (PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of BC/SC/ ST/PwD category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Masters degree or equivalent exam within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for SET (i.e. Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/BC categories in the corresponding subject.
- The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of SET subjects may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to APSET office. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the APSET at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, and they shall be liable for legal action
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for test.
- The qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor in the universities/ colleges situated in the Andhra Pradesh state from where they have cleared their SET.
- The candidates who have qualified earlier in APSET /UGC NET are not eligible to apply in the same subject they qualified.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor
APSET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The syllabus prescribed by UGC-CSIR and UGC-NET for paper-I, Paper-II and paper-III without negative marks be adopted for APSET
- The question Paper-I which is common for all candidates appearing APSET will be bilingual (English and Telugu)
Paper-II for the following subjects:
- Political Science
- Public administration
- Sociology and
- Social Work will be bilingual (English and Telugu)
- All the remaining papers are in English only
- The syllabus prescribed by UGC-CSIR and UGC-NET for paper-I and Paper-II without negative marks be adopted for APSET. The Paper II & III are merged to become Paper-II
- First-I: 100 Marks; 50 questions all are compulsory; 1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 P.M.) IST
- Second-III: 200 Marks; 100 questions all are compulsory; 2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST
- There is no negative marking.
- The Exam Is conducted in 6 regional centres namely (1) Visakhapatnam; (2) Rajamahendravaram (Rajamundry); (3) Guntur; (4) Nellore; (5) Ananthapur and (6) Tirupati
AP State Eligibility Test 2019 Application Process
- Applications should be submitted through online mode only; the registration fee for online submission and late fee, if application may be paid through payment gateway (Credit Card and Debit Card and Net Banking)
- Application is available on the websites www.andhrauniversity.edu.in or https://apset.net.in
- Syllabus and model question paper, test centers, related instructions, fees for late submissions and procedures for online submission of application are available on the websites www.andhrauniversity.edu.in and https://apset.net.in/home.aspx
Registration Fee for APSET 2019
- Eligible Candidates who wish to apply for APSET 2019 may submit it their applications through online more; the registration fee of Rs.1200/- (for General Category) Rs.1000/- (for B.C category) and Rs.700/- (for SC/ST/PH/VH category) may be paid towards the application registration and processing fee through payment gateway (Credit Card / Debit Card and Net Banking) the detailed information regarding the eligibility.
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
(On behalf of Government of Andhra Pradesh), Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Website www.apset.net.in