Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2019-20
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme 2019 – Applications are invited for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme for the academic year 2019-20. Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate (BA/BSc), Master (MA/MSc) or Doctoral Degree Programmes.
The aim of the programme is to promote cultural understanding, economic and political relations between Hungary and other countries. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students
Currently 70 partners are engaged in the programme
- Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate (BA/BSc), master (MA/MSc) or doctoral degree programme
- Scholarship subjects vary from country to country
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship:
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend:
- Non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies,
- Doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies
- Accommodation: dormitory place or a monthly contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Medical insurance: Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Eligibility for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2019
- Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for bachelor, master, one-tier master, doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses). Both full time and part time study modes are available in case of bachelor, master, one-tier master and doctoral studies
- For full time programmes, Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Federative Republic of Brazil, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kingdom of Thailand, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Oriental Republic of the Uruguay, Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru), Palestine, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Cuba, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Namibia, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Singapore, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Sudan, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Uzbekistan, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Eritrea, State of Israel, State of Kuwait, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Mexican States, United Republic of Tanzania.
- For partial (exchange) study programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Federative Republic of Brazil, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec applicants), Republic of Albania, Republic of Belarus, Republic of India, Republic of Korea, Republic of Turkey, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2019 Application Process
- All applicants’ programmes are required to visit https://www.doktori.hu before they submit their application. Candidates are required to upload all the relevant document and their recent photo while filling the online application form.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- Submitting Application to TPG and to sending Partner: 15th January 2019
- First Round of Selection Nomination: 28th February 2019
- Second Round Institutional Admission Process: Middle of March to May 2019
- Notification about Selection Result: End of June 2019
- Visa Application Process: July-August 2019