Chevening Scholarships for International Students 2020
Chevening International Fellowships 2020 – Chevening has invited application for interested and eligible candidates for an opportunity to study in the UK. The scholarship will be provided to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university for the academic year 2020-21
Applications for 2020/2021 Chevening Scholarships are open between 05th November 2019
See: Scholarships in India
About the Organisation (Chevening scholarship)
- Chevening International Fellowships 2020 is the UK Government’s global scholarship program that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK
- These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from your country and beyond to pursue a one-year masters degree in any subject at any UK university.
About the Chevening scholarship
- Chevening International Fellowships – the UK Government’s global scholarship program invites applications from outstanding professionals from India who wish to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university
- The scholarships offer future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK on fully-funded scholarships, leaving the scholars free to focus on achieving their academic goals, develop professionally and academically, grow their network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK
- Chevening Scholarships are offered by the Government of UK in collaboration with UK Universities.
- Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Essential: Three different UK master’s course choices
- Optional: English language test results (if you’ve already met the requirements)
- Optional: UK master’s university offer (if you’ve already met the requirements)
See: National Scholarship
- To be eligible for a Chevening Award, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of India (or another Chevening-eligible country)
- Return to India for a minimum of two years after the candidate’s award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable the candidate to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university (Equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK).
- Have at least two years’ work experience (up to five years for fellowship programs)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16th July 2020
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020 either by taking an English language test or claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
How to Apply?
- Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the “Apply” button on your country page
Essential Details to know about Chevening Scholarship
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English; Valid passport/national ID card; University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate); Three different UK Master’s course choices; Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size
- English language (if already met the requirements); UK Master’s university offer (if already met the requirements)
- You can also check this on the online application system by using the login details you registered with; take a look at the Chevening application timeline and our FAQs for a better understanding of the upcoming stages of the selection process
- For more information, please check the official web page https://www.chevening.org/india/
- Applications for 2020/2021 Chevening Scholarships are open between 05th August to 05th November 2019
- Applications Close on 05th November 2019 at 12.00 GMT