SGPGI Lucknow M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 Dates, Eligibility, Application
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences announces M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019-20
SGPGI MSc Nursing Admissions 2019 - Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SPGPIMS), Lucknow invites applications from eligible unmarried Indian nationals (irrespective of gender) for admission to M.Sc. (Nursing) Program in Medical Technology starting from July 2019 Session.
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) Lucknow is a University established under an Act of the Legislature of the State of Uttar Pradesh in 1983
- For para-medical training Institute has started M.Sc. Courses in Medical Technology in different super-speciality subjects.
Interested candidates can check all the details of M.Sc. Nursing Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc from the page below.
SGPGI MSc Nursing Admissions 2019 Important Dates
- Release of Advertisement: 01st May 2019
- Last date of Payment of Fees: 25th May 2019
- Last date for Filling up of Form: 27th May 2019
- Last Date Submission of Application Form: 29th May 2019
- Uploading the Roll Numbers: 30th May 2019
- Holding of the Entrance Exam: 06th June 2019
- Declaration of Result: 10th June 2019
- 1st Counselling: 25th June 2019
- 2nd Counselling: 07th July 2019
- 3rd Counselling: 20th July 2019
- Last & mop up counseling: 25th July, 2019
- Completion of admission formalities: 31st July 2019
M.Sc. Course Offered
- Medical Laboratory Technology (Medical Virology)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (Transfusion Medicine)
- Medical Biotechnology (Hematology)
- Duration of M.Sc. courses is of 02 years followed by six months compulsory internship
- Seats for M.Sc. Nursing
- Unreserved (UR): 21 Seats
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 09 Seats
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 10 Seats
Total Seats: 40
Eligibility Criteria for SGPGI MSc Nursing Admissions 2019
M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (Transfusion Medicine)
- A pass in B.Sc. MLT course from recognized University securing minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Further 5% relaxation is permitted to reserved category candidate having domicile of Uttar Pradesh. For sponsored candidates B.Sc. with 05 years experience of working in Transfusion Medicine/Blood Bank from Govt./accredited institute. Candidates passing B.Sc. MLT through correspondence course shall not be eligible. Applicant should be able to communicate well verbally in English.
M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology (Hematology)
- A pass in B.Sc. (Botany/Zoology, Chemistry/Microbiology/Biotechnology/ Biochemistry) or any equivalent degree in Life Sciences from recognized University securing minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Further 5% relaxation is permitted to reserved category candidate having domicile of Uttar Pradesh. For sponsored candidates B.Sc. in given subjects with 05 years experience of working in the respective department of Govt. Institution is required. Candidates passing B.Sc. through correspondence course shall not be eligible. Applicant should be able to communicate well verbally in English.
M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (Medical Virology)
- A pass in B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology) or B.Sc. (Microbiology) or any equivalent degree from a recognized University securing minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with laboratory experience. Further 5% relaxation is permitted to reserved category candidate having domicile of Uttar Pradesh. For sponsored candidates B.Sc. in given subjects with 05 years experience of working in Govt. or reputed Institution is required. Candidates passing B.Sc. through correspondence course shall not be eligible. Applicant should be able to communicate well verbally in English. OR
- B.Sc. Biotechnology or B.Sc. (Life Sciences - viz B.Sc. Zoology, B.Sc. Botany and B.Sc. Biology ) (Regular study). Applicant should be able to communicate well verbally in English.
- The maximum age for admission to M.Sc. Courses shall be 30 years as prescribed in the advertisement for admission to the course. Age relaxation to reserved category and sponsored candidates will be as per U.P. State Government rules and domicile of U.P. only.
- Reservation will apply as per U.P. Govt. rules for candidates having domicile of Uttar Pradesh only. Reserved category candidates having domicile other than Uttar Pradesh will be treated as General category candidates for all purposes.
- Reserved category candidates should produce authentic certificate of their category, issued by a competent authority.
- Sponsored Candidates: Certain seats are earmarked for candidates sponsored by Central/State Govt. Organizations, Universities and Defence services, subject to the following conditions.
See: MSc Admissions
- Selection of the Candidates will be strictly based on the merit of the entrance examination held by the institute / Competent Authority
- In case of two or more candidates belonging to the same category obtaining equal marks in the entrance examination, their merit will be determined in order of preference as under:
- Candidate older in age shall be preferred
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology in the entrance examination
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Class XII Biology shall be placed higher for merit
Entrance Exam Pattern
- Admissions to various M.Sc. Courses are to be made through entrance examination conducted by the Institute comprising of 100 MCQs on an all India entrance examination basis which will be held in the month of May-June. Detailed advertisement based on the number of vacancies available in each course are put on Institute’s website www.sgpgi.ac.in.
- The selection of candidate should be strictly on the basis of merit of the student in the entrance examination held by the Institute.
- The entrance examination of the Institute will be conducted in English language only.
- The scheme of entrance examination for M.Sc. courses will be as under :
- There will be one paper of two hours duration consisting of 100 multiple choice questions.
- The general standard of entrance examination will be that of B.Sc. or equivalent examination of an Indian University.
- No specific syllabus for entrance examination has been prescribed by the Institute.
- In case of two or more candidates belonging to the same category obtaining equal marks in the entrance examination, there merit will be determined in order of preference as under:
- Candidate obtaining higher marks in qualifying examination i.e. B.Sc. (Botany/Zoology/Chemistry/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/ MLT) shall be preferred.
SGPGI MSc Nursing Admissions 2019 Application Process
- The application form along with information brochure can be downloaded from the Institute’s website http://www.sgpgi.ac.in during 01st May 2019 to 27th May 2019.
- The candidate should read the instructions very carefully before filling up the form. The candidates will have to fill up the APPLICATION FORM ONLINE.
- After online submission, a print out of filled-in application form MUST be taken and sent to Nodal Officer, College of Technology & Allied Health Sciences, SGPGIMS, Rae Bareli Road, Lucknow 226014 along with all relevant documents in support of age, qualification, experience, reservation and sponsorship etc. and duly signed by the candidate.
- The last date of receiving of completed application forms along with necessary enclosures is 29th May 2019
- Candidature will be accepted only of those who will apply through online and also send a hard copy at the above mentioned address of the Institute.
Application Fee & Mode of Payment
- Through Net banking, Debit / Credit card or through Computer Generated Challan Form in any branch of State Bank of India. Application fee for all categories is Rs.1000/- + bank transaction charges as applicable
See: Latest Entrance Exam
- Eligible candidates can print their Admit Card Online for appearing in the entrance examination between prescribed dates using their email id, password and registration number written on right corner of application form
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here
Nursing Entrance Exam
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020, B.Sc Nursing Form, Last date, BSc Nursing Admission 2020, Application From, eligibility - AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh, JIPMER, BVP, MGMIS, CMC Ludhiana and Vellore, St. John's Admission 2020 Application dates.
Nursing Career Scope
Nursing Career Scope| Nursing Job Prospects and Colleges, Eligibility for admission to BSc MSC in Nursing and Job Prospects Overview, Admission, Training Institutes
Top BSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top Nursing Colleges in India BSc. Nursing 2020 ranking - Top 20 Nursing Colleges in India,Top 10 Colleges AIIMS, AFMC, CMC Vellore, Manipal, Father Muller, Apollo.
Admission process for studying Nursing in US
Nursing courses are on an all time high and they have been for a while now, especially in US. It is one of the courses which has maintained its charm through times and is on an ever time high roll. A career in Nursing in the USA is highly in demand and also the rewards are huge.
Indian Army BSc Nursing
Indian Army BSc Nursing 2020 for female candidates. Military Nursing entrance exam 2020, Army BSc Nursing GNM Admission Notification 2020, eligibility and dates.
What is GNM, B.Sc Nursing, Post Basic Nursing, M.Sc Nursing
Looking to know about Nursing Courses? Find here the answer to your question regarding Nursing Course eligibility, duration, admission process, top Nursing colleges in India and more.
Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission
Post Basic BSc Nursing is that Nursies assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives at basic level. Check out Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission Notifications 2020, Eligibility, Application and Imp Dates.
Top MSc Nursing Colleges in India
Top MSc Nursing colleges in India. Check out top colleges for MSc Nursing course in India, Best institutes for MSc Nursing in India. Also See Career Scope of MSc Nursing.
Best Books for Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation
Looking for the best nursing entrance exam books and study material for you nursing entrance test preparation. Check out Nooks, study material and Previous question papers for Nursing Entrance Tests (BSc, Post Basic, and MSc Nursing Entrance Exams).
Career in Nursing
Nursing, Online, Education, Nursing College India, Indian Nursing School, Nursing Degree, Online Nursing Education, Nursing Entrance India, Online Nursing Degree" 1="Education Abroad Opportunities.