National Science Academies announces Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2022
Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2022 – Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru/ Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi & The National Academy of Sciences, India, Prayagraj invites application for Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship (FAST-SF) for Students and Teachers 2022.
This program is open for all Students and Teachers studying/teaching in the North-Eastern states of India. VIZ. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, and union territories of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh only.
Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2022 Important Dates
- The last date for receipt of applications online : 30th November 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2022
- Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch (II, III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
- Teachers working in North-Eastern states of India, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, and union territories of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh only need apply.
- The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above. The minimum percentage of average marks does not apply for teachers.
- PhD students are not eligible.
Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2022 Application Process
- Application should be submitted online in the prescribed format. This link is available in the websites of the three Academies (www.ias.ac.in;www.insaindia.res.in;www.nasi.org.in).
- It’s mandatory to upload the marks sheets from class X till the last examination. Please have the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format – the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb), before starting to fill up the application.
- Only one application per candidate will be considered. If more than one application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
- Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be filled.
Enclosures to Application
- Both student and teacher applicants must upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X till the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb).
- Teacher applicants should upload their publications, if any. On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/HoD that necessary permission/leave of absence will be granted should be sent by post to the Coordinator, FAST-SF 2022, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru 560 080.
- Student applicants must upload the contact details of one of their present teachers or the Head of the Department (HoD). The Academy will get in touch with the teacher and obtain the recommendation letter.
- All decisions regarding the selection of candidates will be at the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute concerning FAST-SF 2022 shall be addressed to the Academy whose decision thereon shall be final.
- If a candidate is found at any point of time to have submitted false information, his/her fellowship will be cancelled, and he/she will be asked to pay back the fellowship amount/travel allowance etc. that has been paid to him/her. Further his/her guide and the Institution in which he/she is currently studying will be informed of the matter.
For more details and apply please visit the official website