Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 Selection procedure
The selection process for an Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) is an extremely rigorous process that requires a lot of preparation. In this article, we will share with you the details about the CAT 2018 selection procedure. The process is basically a two-step process, which is broadly described in this article below.
Detailed information for the CAT 2018 Selection Procedure
- Every B-school along with IIMs has its own selection criteria and cut-off list
- The first stage for selection includes admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience,
- On the basis of candidate’s performance in the admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience, the candidates will be shortlisted for the second stage of selection process
- The second stage of selection includes - Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Written Test- Candidate has to write on one or more topics a brief essay in the time duration of 15-45 minutes.
- Group Discussion- A round is held where 8-10 candidates are given a particular topic and they have to discuss on it. This is to check the candidate’s group dynamics.
- Personal Interview- In this round candidate has to present himself/herself before the panel of 4-8 interviewers. This is a final round and is held to check the candidates educational qualification, hobbies, interests and work experience
- Students will be selected for admission on the basis of Entrance test, WAT, GD and PI
Also See: MBA Entrance Exams