The selection process for an Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) is an extremely rigorous process that requires a lot of preparation. In this article, we will share with you the details about the CAT 2021 selection procedure. The process is basically a two-step process, which is broadly described in this article below.
Detailed information for the CAT 2021 Selection Procedure
- Please note that IIMs shortlist candidates for the interview stage based on their own criteria, which may be independent of each other. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in the CAT 2021 examination is an important component in the admission process.
- Every B-school along with IIMs has its own selection criteria and cut-off list
- The first stage for selection includes admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience,
- On the basis of candidate’s performance in the admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience, the candidates will be shortlisted for the second stage of selection process
- The second stage of selection includes – Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Written Test – Candidate has to write on one or more topics a brief essay in the time duration of 15-45 minutes.
- Group Discussion – A round is held where 8-10 candidates are given a particular topic and they have to discuss on it. This is to check the candidate’s group dynamics.
- Personal Interview – In this round candidate has to present himself/herself before the panel of 4-8 interviewers. This is a final round and is held to check the candidate’s educational qualifications, hobbies, interests and work experience
- Students will be selected for admission on the basis of Entrance test, WAT, GD and PI
Also See: MBA Entrance Exams