CAT 2018 Notification: Exam Dates, Eligibility, Registration, Pattern
IIMs Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 - Common Admission Test for Post Graduate program admission
CAT 2018 Common Admission Test - Indian Institute of Management(IIM) invites application for Common Admission Test (CAT 2018) for admission in Post Graduate Program in IIM”s and top B-School of India.
CAT or Common Admission Test is one of the largest MBA entrance exams conducted in India, annually. Every year it is conducted by one of the IIMs at rotational basis. Apart from 20 IIMs, CAT scores are used for admission to various management institutes across the country.
CAT 2018 will be conducted on 25 November 2018
CAT 2018 Important Dates
Online registration starts from: 2nd week of August 2018
Last date for online register: 3rd week of September 2018
Correction window open from: 4th week of September 2018
CAT 2018 Exam Date: 25 November 2018
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2018
- Candidates should have bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized institution/ university.
- Candidate should secure 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST/Pwd categories) in the qualifying exam
- CA/ ICWA/ CS candidates are also eligible to apply for CAT 2018
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification exam and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply
- Bachelor’s degree must be of minimum 3 years
- No upper or lower age limit
- As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, 27% of seats for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)
- Every B-school along with IIMs has its own selection criteria and cut-off list
- The first stage for selection includes admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience,
- On the basis of candidate’s performance in the admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience, the candidates will be shortlisted for the second stage of selection process
- The second stage of selection includes - Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Written Test- Candidate has to write on one or more topics a brief essay in the time duration of 15-45 minutes.
- Group Discussion- A round is held where 8-10 candidates are given a particular topic and they have to discuss on it. This is to check the candidate’s group dynamics.
- Personal Interview- In this round candidate has to present himself/herself before the panel of 4-8 interviewers. This is a final round and is held to check the candidates educational qualification, hobbies, interests and work experience
- Students will be selected for admission on the basis of Entrance test, WAT, GD and PI
Application – How to Register for CAT 2018
- Candidates can register for Common Admission Test (CAT) through online mode only
- The registration can only be done online on the official website: www.iimcat.ac.in.
- The CAT registration involves three simple steps:
- Step-1: Registration
- Step-2: Fill Application Form and Upload Images of required documents, photograph, signature etc.
- Step-3: Make Payment
- The details will be available in the registration guide on the website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- For SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates: Rs. 900/-
- For Other Category Candidates: Rs. 1800/-
- The candidates will have to pay the registration fee in online mode only. The payment can be done by using Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking
- CAT is a computer- based objective type test with a mix of multiple choice of questions (MCQs) as well as some non-MCQs
- The CAT 2018 will comprise of three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability
- The exam duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours) - 60 minutes will be given for each section.
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: 34 questions
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning: 32 questions
- Quantitative Ability: 34 questions
- Marking Scheme
- +3 for right answer
- -1 for wrong answer
- No negative marking for non-MSQs
For more detail information on Cat 2018 visit the website: www.iimcat.ac.in.