CAT 2022 Registration Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Admit Card
CAT 2022 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) invites application for Common Admission Test (CAT) 2022 for admission to Post Graduate Program in IIM”s and top B-School of India.
- CAT or Common Admission Test is one of the largest MBA entrance exams conducted in India, annually. Every year it is conducted by one of the IIMs on a rotational basis. Apart from 20 IIMs, CAT scores are used for admission to various management institutes across the country.
- The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct a computer-based Common Admission Test 2022 (CAT 2022) on Sunday, November 27, 2022 in three sessions. CAT 2022 will be conducted by IIMs as a prerequisite for admission to various management programmes of Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) – Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Jammu, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur, Visakhapatnam
CAT 2022 Important Dates
- CAT 2022 Registration Starts : August 3, 2022, Wednesday at 10:00 AM (IST)
- CAT 2022 Registration Ends :
September 14, 2022, Wednesday at 5:00 PM (IST)extended to 22nd September 2022, 5.00 PM
- CAT 2022 Admit Card Download Begins : October 27, 2022, Thursday at 05:00 PM (IST)
- CAT 2022 Test Day : November 27, 2022, Sunday
- Result declaration: Second week of January, 2023 (Tentative)
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized institution/ university.
- Candidate should secure 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST/Pwd categories) in the qualifying exam
- CA/ ICWA/ CS candidates are also eligible to apply for CAT 2022
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification exam and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply
- Bachelor’s degree must be of minimum 3 years
- No upper or lower age limit
- As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, 27% for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), up to 10% for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) candidates and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
Application Process – How to Register for CAT 2022
- Candidates can register for Common Admission Test (CAT) through online mode only
- The registration can only be done online on the official website: www.iimcat.ac.in.
- The CAT registration involves three simple steps:
- Step-1: Registration
- Step-2: Fill Application Form and Upload Images of required documents, photograph, signature etc.
- Step-3: Make Payment
- The details will be available in the registration guide on the website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- For SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates: Rs. 1150/-
- For Other Category Candidates: Rs. 2300/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through using Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking
- Every B-school along with IIMs has its own selection criteria and cut-off list
- The first stage for selection includes admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience,
- On the basis of candidate’s performance in the admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience, the candidates will be shortlisted for the second stage of selection process
- The second stage of selection includes – Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Written Test- Candidate has to write on one or more topics a brief essay in the time duration of 15-45 minutes.
- Group Discussion– A round is held where 8-10 candidates are given a particular topic and they have to discuss on it. This is to check the candidate’s group dynamics.
- Personal Interview– In this round candidate has to present himself/herself before the panel of 4-8 interviewers. This is a final round and is held to check the candidate’s educational qualification, hobbies, interests and work experience
- Students will be selected for admission on the basis of Entrance test, WAT, GD and PI.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- CAT is a computer- based objective type test with a mix of multiple choice of questions (MCQs) as well as some non-MCQs
- The CAT 2022 will comprise of three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability
- The exam duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours) – 60 minutes will be given for each section.
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: 34 questions
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning: 32 questions
- Quantitative Ability: 34 questions
- Marking Scheme
- +3 for right answer
- -1 for wrong answer
- No negative marking for non-MSQs
- CAT will be conducted in centers spread across around 150 test cities. Test cities will be mentioned in the CAT website and the name of the test centre will be indicated in the Admit Card.
- IIMs reserve the right to change or cancel any test centre/city and/or change the test time and date at their discretion.
CAT 2022 Score
- Candidates’ CAT 2022 scorecards will be made accessible on the CAT website.
- Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS.
- The CAT results are likely to be declared by the second week of January, 2023.
- The CAT 2022 score is valid only till December 31, 2023 and will accordingly be accessible on the website.
- Thereafter, no queries related to the issuance of CAT 2022 scorecards will be entertained.
For more detail and apply please visit the official website