CAT 2019 – IIMs Common Admission Test for Post Graduate Programs Admission
CAT 2019 Common Admission Test – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) invites application for Common Admission Test (CAT 2019) for admission to Post Graduate Program in IIM”s and top B-School of India.
Also See :CAT 2019 Result announced, steps to check
- CAT or Common Admission Test is one of the largest MBA entrance exams conducted in India, annually. Every year it is conducted by one of the IIMs at rotational basis. This year IIM Kozhikode will be responsible to conduct CAT 2019. Apart from 20 IIMs, CAT scores are used for admission to various management institutes across the country.
- CAT 2019 will be conducted by IIM Kozhikode on 24th November 2019 as Computer Based Test (CBT)
Also See : CAT 2019 Answer key, Response sheet released by IIM Kozhikode, Check now!
CAT 2019 Programmes Offered
- The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct a computer-based Common Admission Test 2019 (CAT 2019) on Sunday, November 24th, 2019 in two sessions. CAT 2019 will be conducted by IIMs as a prerequisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs. These programmes are:
Also See : MBA Entrance Exams
A. Post Graduate Programmes in Management (PGP)
- Institute/Programs & Website:
- IIM Ahmedabad – PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP [www.iima.ac.in]
- IIM Amritsar – PGP [www.iimamritsar.ac.in]
- IIM Bangalore – PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, PGPBA [www.iimb.ac.in]
- IIM Bodh Gaya – PGP [www.iimbg.ac.in]
- IIM Calcutta – MBA [www.iimcal.ac.in]
- IIM Indore – PGP, PGP-HRM [www.iimidr.ac.in]
- IIM Jammu – PGP [www.iimj.ac.in]
- IIM Kashipur – PGP, EPGP [www.iimkashipur.ac.in]
- IIM Kozhikode – PGP, PGP-BL, PGP-F, EPGP (Kochi Campus & IL) [www.iimk.ac.in]
- IIM Lucknow – PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM [www.iiml.ac.in]
- IIM Nagpur – PGP [www.iimnagpur.ac.in]
- IIM Raipur – PGP [www.iimraipur.ac.in]
- IIM Ranchi – PGP, PGP-HRM [www.iimranchi.ac.in]
- IIM Rohtak – PGP, EPGPX [www.iimrohtak.ac.in]
- IIM Sambalpur – MBA [www.iimsambalpur.ac.in]
- RGIIM Shillong – PGP, PGPEX [www.iimshillong.ac.in]
- IIM Sirmaur – PGP [www.iimsirmaur.ac.in]
- IIM Tiruchirappalli – PGPM, PGPBM, PGPM-HR [www.iimtrichy.ac.in]
- IIM Udaipur – MBA [www.iimu.ac.in]
- IIM Visakhapatnam – PGP [www.iimv.ac.in]
Also See : CAT 2019 Registration Process to begin from August 7
B. Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) [Doctoral]
Institutes & Programmes
- IIM Ahmedabad – PhD
- IIM Amritsar – FPM
- IIM Bangalore – FPM
- IIM Bodh Gaya – PhD (FPM)
- IIM Calcutta – Doctoral
- IIM lndore – FPM
- IIM Kashipur – FPM, EFPM
- IIM Kozhikode – FPM
- IIM Lucknow – FPM
- IIM Raipur – FPM, EFPM
- IIM Ranchi – PhD, EPhD
- IIM Rohtak – FPM, EFPM
- IIM Sambalpur – PhD
- RGIIM Shillong – FPM
- IIM Sirmaur – PhD
- IIM Tiruchirappalli – FPM
- IIM Udaipur – PhD
- IIM Visakhapatnam – FPM
- Separate advertisements may appear for programmes other than PGP, specific to each participating IIM.
- Before a prospective candidate makes a decision to appear for CAT 2019, he/she must visit the website and/or read the programme advertisement of the concerned IIM and specific programmes to ensure accurate and updated information on the programmes he/she wants to apply for, including eligibility requirements and admission processes.
- The list of non-IIM member institutions that have registered to avail of the CAT 2019 scores is provided at www.iimcat.ac.in.
Also See : CAT 2019 Selection Procedure
CAT 2019 Important Dates
- CAT Exam Notification Date: 28th July 2019
- Online Registration Opens: 07th August 2019 (10.00 am)
- Online Registration Closes:
18th September 2019 (05.00 pm) extended to 25th September 2019 (05.00 pm)
- Online Application Correction: 27th – 30th September 2019
- Admit Card Download: 23rd October to 24th November 2019
- CAT 2019 Exam Date: 24th November 2019 (Sunday)
- Result Declaration: Second week of January 2020 (Tentative)
Also See : CAT 2019 Admit Card released, here’s step to download
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2019
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification exam and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process
- For more details on eligibility, candidates are advised to visit the “CAT 2019 Eligibility” section of the CAT website.
- Candidates should note that the mere fulfillment of the minimum eligibility criteria would not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
- As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates, 27% for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), up to 10% for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) candidates and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
- As defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016), “Person with Benchmark Disability” means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where the specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with a disability where the specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority.
- For the purpose of being considered for reservation, the applicable Central Government list as on the last date of CAT registration shall be binding. No subsequent changes will be effective for CAT 2019 and any subsequent selection process of the IIMs.
- Please note that IIMs shortlist candidates for the interview stage based on their own criteria, which may be independent of each other. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in the CAT 2019 examination is an important component in the admission process.
- Every B-school along with IIMs has its own selection criteria and cut-off list
- The first stage for selection includes admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience,
- On the basis of candidate’s performance in the admission test, academic performance & relevant work experience, the candidates will be shortlisted for the second stage of selection process
- The second stage of selection includes – Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Written Test – Candidate has to write on one or more topics a brief essay in the time duration of 15-45 minutes.
- Group Discussion – A round is held where 8-10 candidates are given a particular topic and they have to discuss on it. This is to check the candidate’s group dynamics.
- Personal Interview – In this round candidate has to present himself/herself before the panel of 4-8 interviewers. This is a final round and is held to check the candidate’s educational qualifications, hobbies, interests and work experience
- Students will be selected for admission on the basis of Entrance test, WAT, GD and PI
Also See : CAT syllabus 2019
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- CAT is a computer- based objective type test with a mix of multiple choice questions (MCQs) as well as some non-MCQs
- The CAT 2019 will comprise of three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability
- The exam duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours) – 60 minutes will be given for each section.
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: 34 questions
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning: 32 questions
- Quantitative Ability: 34 questions
- Marking Scheme
- +3 for right answer
- -1 for wrong answer
- No negative marking for non-MSQs
- CAT will be conducted in test centres spread across around 156 test cities. Candidates will be given the option to select any four test cities in order of their preference.
- IIMs reserve the right to change or cancel any test centre/city and/or change the test time and date at their discretion
Also See : CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
CAT 2019 Score
- Candidates’ CAT 2019 scorecards will be made accessible on the CAT website. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS. The CAT results are likely be declared by the second week of January 2020. The CAT 2019 score is valid only till December 31, 2020 and will accordingly be accessible on the website
- Thereafter, no queries related to the issuance of CAT 2019 scorecards will be entertained.
- This advertisement is only intended to be an announcement for CAT 2019. For detailed information, rules and procedures regarding CAT and the admission process of various IIMs, candidates should visit the CAT website.
- Any dispute concerning CAT 2019 would be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent Courts within the territorial jurisdiction of the City of Kochi only.
CAT 2019 Results & Shortlisting
- Information related to the CAT 2019 results will be tentatively available starting from the second week of January 2020 on this website. The list of candidates shortlisted for the next level of selection will be made available on the website of the respective IIMs
- Each IIM will send interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The criteria for shortlisting vary across IIMs. Please visit the admission websites of the respective IIMs for further information.
CAT 2019 Application Process
- The CAT 2019 registration window opens on 07th August 2019 and will close at 05:00 p.m. on 18th September 2019. The details will be available in the registration guide.
- At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four test cities, as per their preference, from a drop-down menu. After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the four preferred cities subject to availability
- In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted a nearby city. The candidates can download the admit cards from 23rd October 2019 until 24th November 2019
Steps to Apply
- Candidates can register for Common Admission Test (CAT) through online mode only
- The registration can only be done online on the Official Website www.iimcat.ac.in
- The CAT registration involves three simple steps:
- Step-1: Registration
- Step-2: Fill Application Form and Upload Images of required documents, photograph, signature etc.
- Step-3: Make Payment
- The details will be available in the registration guide on the website www.iimcat.ac.in
Also See : CAT 2019 Exam Dates
- For SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates: Rs.950/-
- For all for Other Category Candidates: Rs.1900/-
- The candidates will have to pay the registration fee in online mode only. The payment can be done by using Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking
- Please note that a candidate needs to pay the registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Admissions Office, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, IIMK Campus P.O., Kozhikode 673570 CAT Centre, Tel.: 0495-2809219 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website https://iimcat.ac.in/