CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
CAT 2019 - Exam Pattern
Here is a sneak peek into the every aspect of CAT 2019 exam pattern announced by the officials in CAT 2019 notification. CAT is a computer- based objective type test with a mix of multiple choice of questions (MCQs) as well as some non-MCQs. CAT is considered one of the most important national standards for entrance to management institutes. Apart from the Indian Institutes of Management, over 50 other management institute use the CAT score for shortlisting candidates.
Also See: MBA Entrance Exams
Read more to know about CAT 2019 Exam duration, marking scheme, marks distribution, number of questions, type of questions and topics covered
- CAT is a computer- based objective type test with a mix of multiple choice questions (MCQs) as well as some non-MCQs
- The CAT 2019 will comprise of three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability
- The exam duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours) - 60 minutes will be given for each section.
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: 34 questions
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning: 32 questions
- Quantitative Ability: 34 questions
- Marking Scheme
- +3 for right answer
- -1 for wrong answer
- No negative marking for non-MSQs
- CAT will be conducted in centres spread across around 147 test cities. Test cities will be mentioned in CAT website and the name of the test centre will be indicated in the Admit Card.
- IIMs reserve the right to change or cancel any test centre / city and / or change the test time and date at their own discretion
CAT 2019 Score
- Candidates’ CAT 2019 score card will be made accessible at the CAT website.
- Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS.
- The CAT results are likely be declared by second week of January, 2020
- CAT 2019 score is valid only till December 31, 2020 and will accordingly be accessible on the website. Thereafter, no queries related to issuance of CAT 2019 score cards will be entertained.
ALSO SEE Previous Years' Solved CAT Papers
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here