UGC NET Syllabus 2024 for Paper 1, 2, Download Subject wise PDF
UGC NET 2024 syllabus is extensive and thorough, encompassing a wide range of subjects, a total of 83, from different disciplines in Paper-II. It covers a wide range of topics, including the arts, humanities, social sciences, sciences, and more. The syllabus is made to evaluate the candidates’ in-depth knowledge and expertise in their chosen field as well as their capacity for critical thought and knowledge application. The post provides the candidates with an in-depth knowledge about the UGC NET 2024 Syllabus.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
The UGC NET Paper- I broadly comprises of the following subjects:-
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People, Development and Environment
- Higher Education System
Subject-wise UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
The UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus is designed to assess a candidate’s teaching and research aptitude, as well as their general awareness. The syllabus is not specific to any particular subject and covers a wide range of topics. Here is a broad outline of the subject-wise UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus:
Unit-I: Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, objectives, levels of teaching (memory, understanding, and reflective) characteristics, and basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (academic, social, emotional, and cognitive) individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to teacher, learner, support material, Instructional facilities, learning environment, Institution
- Teaching methods in higher learning institutions: teacher-centered vs learner-centered methods, offline vs online methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.)
- Teaching support system: Traditional, modern, and ICT based
- Evaluation systems: Elements and types of evaluation, evaluation in Choice Based Credit Systems in higher education, computer-based testing, innovations in evaluation systems
Unit-II: Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, types, and characteristics
- Positivism and post-positivist approaches to research
- Methods of research: Experimental, descriptive, historical, qualitative, and quantitative methods
- Steps of research
- Thesis and article writing: Format and styles of referencing
- Application of ICT in research
- Research ethics
- A passage of text is given
- Questions asked from the passage to be answered
- Communication: Meaning, types, and characteristics of communication
- Effective communication: Verbal and non-verbal, inter-cultural and group communications, classroom communication
- Barriers to effective communication
- Mass-media and society
Unit-V: Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Types of reasoning
- Number series, letter series, codes, and relationships
- Mathematical aptitude (fraction, time & distance, ratio, proportion and percentage, profit and loss, interest and discounting, averages, etc.)
Unit-VI: Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: Argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, mood and figure, formal and informal fallacies, uses of language, connotations, and denotations of terms, the classical square of opposition.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication), and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension)
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference)
Logical Reasoning is a crucial unit in the UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus and is meant to test the analytical thinking and tactical skills of the candidates and future professors.
Unit-VII: Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition, and classification of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation (bar chart, histograms, pie chart, table chart, and line chart) and mapping of data
- Data interpretation
- Data and governance
Unit-VIII: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of the Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio, and Video-conferencing
- Digital Initiatives in higher education
- ICT and Governance
Unit-IX: People, Development, and Environment
- Development and Environment: Millennium Development and Sustainable development goals
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment
- Environmental issues: Local, regional, and global; air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, noise pollution, waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), climate change and its socio-economic and political dimensions
- Impacts of Pollutants on human health
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear, and Forests
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance
Unit-X: Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning and Research in Post-independence India
- Oriental, conventional, and non-conventional learning programs in India
- Professional, technical, and skill-based education
- Value education and environmental education
- Policies, governance, and administration
Download UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus PDF
The UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus can be downloaded in both English and Hindi on the official website of UGC NET 2024. (https://www.ugcnetonline.in/syllabus-new.php)
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
Importance of UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
The UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus holds significant importance for several reasons:
- Foundation for Assessment: Paper 1 serves as the foundational paper for the UGC NET examination. It evaluates candidates’ teaching and research aptitude and is common to all subjects. The syllabus provides a structured framework for assessing a candidate’s suitability for academic and research roles.
- Broad Knowledge Base: The syllabus covers a wide range of topics, including teaching methods, research ethics, communication, reasoning, and more. This breadth ensures that candidates have a well-rounded understanding of essential concepts, making them better-equipped educators and researchers.
- Teaching and Research Aptitude: Paper 1 assesses teaching and research aptitude, which are critical skills for individuals aspiring to become Assistant Professors or Junior Research Fellows. The syllabus helps gauge candidates’ ability to impart knowledge effectively and conduct research ethically.
- Adherence to Educational Standards: By assessing teaching aptitude and research ethics, the syllabus promotes adherence to educational and ethical standards in academia. It ensures that candidates understand the responsibilities and expectations associated with teaching and research roles.
UGC NET Syllabus for Paper 2
The UGC NET Paper- II broadly comprises of the following subjects:-
- Streams: Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Science and Application, Electronic Science, Environmental Science, Politics, etc.
- Indian Languages: Maithili, Bengali, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Singhi, Bodo, Santali, etc.
- Foreign Language: Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian, Persian, German, Japanese.
- Cultures: Arab Culture and Islamic Studies, Indian Culture, Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian & Peace Studies, Yoga, etc.
UGC NET Syllabus for Paper 2 Subject-wise
The UGC NET 2024 syllabus is extensive and thorough, encompassing a wide range of subjects, from different disciplines in Paper-II. It covers a wide range of topics, including the arts, humanities, social sciences, sciences, and more.
The candidates can get the links to the syllabus of each of the 83 subjects in both English and Hindi on the official website of UGC NET 2024. (https://www.ugcnetonline.in/syllabus-new.php)
Preparation Tips for UGC NET Syllabus 2024
- Understand the Syllabus: Carefully review the UGC NET syllabus for the subject of your choice. Make sure you are knowledgeable about each topic and its subtopics.
- Make a study schedule: Create an organized study schedule that allotts time for each course and topic. Keep to this strategy to guarantee complete protection.
- Good study resources: To improve your comprehension of the information, use credible reference books, textbooks, and study resources.
- Previous Year Papers Solved: To gain a feel for the exam format and types of questions given, practice prior year’s question papers. You can better manage your time if you do this.
- Online Mock Tests: Use online mock tests and practice questions to evaluate your performance and imitate the exam setting.
- Revision: To help you understand and remember what you’ve learned, go over the material again and again.
- Keep Up to Date: Keep up with the most recent news and advancements in your field of study because they may be applicable for Paper-I.
- Join Study or Coaching Groups: For more assistance and peer support, think about enrolling in study or coaching groups.
- Time management: Use time wisely when taking the exam. Give each portion and question a set amount of time.
- Healthy lifestyle: To keep physically and mentally fit during your preparation, maintain a balanced diet, get enough sleep, and exercise frequently.
Marking Scheme for NET Syllabus
For each correct response in the UGC NET 2024 the candidate is awarded with 2 marks and there is no negative marking for an incorrect answer or an unanswered question.
In the event that a question in the UGC NET 2024 exam is identified as incorrect, unclear, or has multiple valid answers, only candidates who attempted the question and selected one of the correct answers will receive credit. If a question is declared incorrect and removed, those who attempted it will receive 2 marks.
Best Books to Cover UGC NET Syllabus 2024
The following are some books recommended for UGC NET 2024:-
For Paper I:
Trueman’s UGC NET /SET General Paper 1
UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude
NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF Paper 1- Teaching and Research Aptitude
KVS Madaan (Pearson Education)
UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude General Paper-1
For Paper II:
|Economics||Trueman’s UGC NET Economics by Srinivas Shirur|
|UGC NET/JRF/SET Economics (Paper 2)-Upkar Prakashan|
|Political Science||Trueman’s UGC NET Political Science by K.A. Babu, Sajit Kumar|
|UGC Net Political Science by Rukmini Bhattacharjee (Arihant)|
|Psychology||Trueman’s UGC NET Psychology by Dr. Swati Maharshi|
|UGC Net Psychology by Siddharth Mittal and Naroj Kumar Sahu (Arihant Experts)|
|Sociology||Trueman’s UGC NET Sociology by S.Hussain|
|History||Trueman’s UGC NET History by Promod Singh|
|Anthropology||Trueman’s UGC NET Anthropology by A.M. Tripathi|
|Commerce||Trueman’s UGC NET Commerce by Praveen Kataria, Anshu Kataria, and M. Shivani|
|Education||Trueman’s UGC NET Education by Gagan Manocha|
|Social Work||Trueman’s UGC NET Education by Yogendra Pal|
|Defense and Strategic Studies||UGC-NET-JRF Defense And Strategic Studies|
|Home Science||Trueman’s UGC-NET Home Science by Anju Khosla and Ruchi|
|UGC NET /SET (JRF andLS) Home Science by Suchi Rastogi|
|Public Administration||UGC Net Public Administration by Deepak Swain (Arihant)|
|Trueman’s UGC NET Public Administration by Sajit Kumar|
|Population Studies||Principles of Population Studies by Bhende (Himalaya Publishing House)|
|Music||UGC NET Music Exam Guide (Hindi) by Gunjan Saxena and Nisha Rawa|
|Management||Trueman’s UGC-NET Management by M. Shivani|
|UGC NET/SET (JRF and LS) Management by Mohit Aggarwal (Arihant experts)|
|Bengali||Bengali NET/SET by Balaram Bapari|
|Hindi||Trueman’s UGC NET Hindi Sahitya by Board of Authors|
|Kannada||Samagra Kannada Sahitya Kaipidi|
|K-SET by Lokesha Masavanaghatta|
|Malayalam||UGC NET /SET/ TET Malayalam Pareeksha Sahayi by Sasidharan A.P.|
|Odia||UGC NET/SSB/SLET/JRF Odia PAPER-II|
|Punjabi||U.G.C. NET/SET/JRF PUNJABI by Universal (Contributor)|
|Sanskrit||UGC NET/JRF/SLET Sanskrit Prashan Patra-II Avum III (Hindi) by Priyanka Tiwari|
|Telugu||UGC NET and SET (Telugu Literature) by GanjiShashidar, Pothula Venkateshwar Reddy|
|Urdu||UGC-NET JRF and Assistant Professor Khazeen-E-Adab Urdu Paper-II by M.Arshad Ansari and M. S. Ansari|
|English||UGC NET/SET English Literature by Arihant Experts|
|Linguistics||UGC NET/SET Linguistics Guide by Ringu Ann Baby|
|Assamese||UGC/CBSE NET Set Guide By Assam Publishing Company|
|Gujarati||UGC NET/GCET-Commerce Paper (in Gujarati) by Mukesh M Bavaliya|
|Adult Education/Non-Formal Education||A Brief Book on Extension Education by Shruti Madan Singh, New Vishal Publications|
|Physical Education||Trueman’s UGC NET Physical Education by Akhilesh Tripathi, A.K. Srivastava|
|Law||Trueman’s UGC NET Law by Suman Chauhan|
|UGC-NET: Law (Paper-II) Exam Guide by Aproov Bhardwaj|
|Library and Information Science||Trueman’s UGC NET Library and Information Science by S. Thakur|
|Comparative Study of Religions||Comparative Study of Religions by C.R. Jain|
|Comparative Study of Religions by Y. Masih|
|Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian, and Peace Studies||UGC NET Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian, and Peace Studies by Deepak Kumar|
|Labor Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management||Trueman’s UGC NET HRM/ Human Resource Management and Labour Welfare by Reetu Dogra|
|UGC-NET: Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations / Labour and Social Welfare / Human Resource Management (Paper-II) Exam Guide|
|Mass Communication and Journalism||Trueman’s UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism by Sameer K. Mishra|
|UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism by Atul Udaipuria and Nitesh Kumar Singh|
|Museology and Conservation\||Museology and Conservation: A Review Edited by Vibha Upadhaya|
|Archaeology||UGC NET/JRF Archaeology and Philosophy Paper (Hindi) by Mohan Lal|
|Criminology||Criminology Solved Question Paper by Mr. Nitish Kumar Soni, Dr. Mridul Srivastava, Dr. Anup Yadava|
|Tribal and Regional Language/Literature||Folklore and Its Motifs in Tribal Literature by Dr. Kishore Jadav|
|Folk Literature||A Concise Guide for Folk Literature of NET/JRF by Marya Naim|
|Sanskrit Prashan||UGC NET/JRF/SLET – Sanskrit Prashan-Patra II Avum III by Priyanka Tiwari|
|Women Studies||Advanced Manual For Women Studies UGC/NET/JRF by Anmol Murlidhar Nimsadkar|
|Visual Art||Upkar’s UGC-NET/JRF/SET Visual Art (Paper-II) by M. Vasim|
|Geography||Trueman’s UGC NET Geography by A. Magon, B.P. Panigrahi|
|Forensic Science||UGC NET/JRF-MCQ of Forensic Science by Dr. Anu Singla|
|Computer Science and Applications||Trueman’s UGC NET/SET Computer Science and Applications by Sanjay Singhal, Sameer Mishra|
|Electronic Science||UGC NET/SET Electronics Science by Sunil Kushwaha|
|Environmental Sciences||Trueman’s UGC NET Environmental Science by Anil Tyagi and Virendra Singh|
|Human Rights And Duties||UGC NET/SET Human Rights and Duties Paper-II by Fazil Atul Udaipuria|
|UGC NET Human Rights and Duties by Arihant Experts|
|Tourism Administration and Management.||Trueman’s UGC NET Tourism by Akhilesh|
|Yoga||R.Gupta’s UGC-NET Yoga (Paper-II)|
|Yoga Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board|
UGC NET Syllabus 2024 FAQs
Q Is the UGC NET 2024 syllabus the same for all subjects?
Ans No, the UGC NET 2024 syllabus is not the same for all subjects. While Paper 1 assesses teaching and research aptitude and is common to all subjects, Paper 2 of UGC NET 2024 is subject-specific. Each subject has its own specific syllabus for Paper 2, which candidates need to refer to for detailed content.
Q Where can I find the subject-wise syllabus for UGC NET 2024 Paper 2?
Ans The subject-wise syllabus for UGC NET 2024 Paper 2 can be found in the official UGC NET 2024 notification or on the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA). It provides a comprehensive outline of topics for each subject.
Q Is it necessary to study Paper 1 syllabus if I’m only interested in Paper 2 for my subject?
Ans Yes, it is necessary to study the Paper 1 syllabus even if you are primarily focused on Paper 2 for your subject. Paper 1 is common to all candidates and evaluates teaching and research aptitude, which is a vital component of the UGC NET 2024 examination.
Q Does the UGC NET syllabus change from year to year?
Ans While the core topics remain relatively consistent, there may be occasional updates or revisions to the UGC NET 2024 syllabus. It is advisable for candidates to refer to the latest official UGC NET 2024 notification to ensure they are studying the most up-to-date content for their subject.
In conclusion, the UGC NET 2024 syllabus is an essential tool for candidates to use while they get ready for this coveted test. It consists of a subject-specific Paper 2 as well as Paper 1, which evaluates teaching and research aptitude. The syllabus makes sure that applicants have a thorough understanding of the fundamental ideas and abilities needed for academics and research. Success in UGC NET 2024 can lead to rewarding jobs in teaching and research in India by keeping up with the most recent syllabus updates, concentrating on both papers, and putting forth the necessary effort in preparation.
- UGC NET Notification
- UGC NET 2024 Application form
- UGC NET 2024 Exam pattern
- UGC NET Eligibility criteria 2024
- UGC NET Admit card
- UGC NET Result