How to Prepare for CAT, MAT, GMAT, CMAT and all MBA Entrance Exam 2020
How to Prepare for MBA Entrance Exam without Coaching? – CAT 2020, Syllabus, Books
MBA Entrance Exam without Coaching – You dream of getting into one of the top B-School in India and pursue an MBA to kick-start your career in a new successful path. But to achieve that dream, you need to prepare well for the Management Entrance Exam – CAT (Common Admission Test), Management Aptitude Test (MAT), Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT), etc. To achieve the perfect 100 percentile takes the right preparation and knowledge.
Before getting started on the tips, you need to know that there are two ways to prepare for an MBA entrance exam – through coaching and without coaching through self-preparation.
In this article, we are going to talk about self-preparation tips for the top MBA Entrance Exam such as CAT 2020.
1. Research well about the Entrance Exam – Before getting straight into the preparation, research well about the Entrance exam pattern, syllabus, previous year questions, and tips from the last few year toppers. Prepare a list of topics that need to be covered for all the sections of the entrance exam. For example, in CAT 2020 exam, there are going to be following sections – Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) followed by Personal Interview (PI), and Writing Ability Test (WAT).
2. Study Material – To start preparation, a candidate must invest in books that will help him/her to prepare well. These books are Question Banks, Preparatory books, previous years Question Papers, etc. Getting the correct study material can help you ace the exam. But remember, the key is to practice well.
Few books we recommend you for CAT 2020 Preparations are:
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Nishit Sinha
A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
NCERT Mathematics books from class 6 – 10
3. Prepare a Time-Table – In order to prepare well, one must prepare a thorough time table. The time table must be divided among different topics to be studied each day. This will make sure that the aspirant will not get bored while studying only one topic the whole day. Give yourself time to analyze what you study daily. But, it is also important to take out some time off to relax. You can do the activities that will help you to ease the exam stress.
4. Take Online Mock Test – Once you have started preparing for an MBA entrance exam, start taking online mock tests. These mock tests will provide you a detailed analysis of your strengths and weaknesses. The more the tests taken, the more solid preparation you will have to crack the exam. We recommend you to start by taking 1-2 tests per week and increasing it to 3-4 tests per week after a few weeks.
5. Join Study Group – To ensure that your preparation is on the right track, join a peer study group. The study group can include your classmates or your friends or local people around your locality that are preparing for a similar exam. You can also join an online study group. The study group will help you to discuss your queries, preparation techniques, topics, etc. You can take mock tests together and compare the results and analyze the problems each one of you has in answering the questions.
6. Take the help of the Internet – Numerous educational websites offers assistance in preparation for MBA entrance exams. They also help you by providing free sample papers and study materials on their respective websites. You can subscribe to a few sites and get notified whenever they upload any new article related to your entrance exam. You can also join online groups for sharing tips and tricks for preparations on Facebook, Telegram, etc.
7. Read Newspaper – Subscribe to an English newspaper such as The Hindu to read it on a daily basis. It will help to improve the general knowledge as well as vocabulary.
Also read that might help the MBA Aspirant –