Sainik School Punglwa Admission 2019-2020 – Class VI and IX
Sainik School Punglwa Admission 2019 – Sainik School Punglwa will release the notification for admission to Class VI and IX for boys only through All India Sainik School Entrance Examination for the academic year 2019-20
Official Notification and Prospectus cum Application Form available here and registration is going to start from 08th October 2018. To know more details, let you check the official web portal at sainikschoolpunglwa.nic.in
Aim of Sainik School Punglwa
The primary aim of Sainik Schools is to prepare boys academically, physically and mentally for entry into the National Defence Academy. The other objectives of Sainik Schools are:
(a) To remove regional imbalance in the officer cadre of the Defence Services.
(b) To develop qualities of body, mind and character enabling the young boys of today to become good and useful citizens of tomorrow.
(c) To bring public school education within the reach of the common man.
Sainik School Punglwa Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Sale of Application Form: 08th October 2018
Last Date of Sale of Prospectus and Application Form: 26th November 2018
Last Date of Receipt of Application Form: 01st December 2018
Date of Entrance Exam: 06th January 2019 (Sunday)
Publication of Merit List: 04th February 2019
Date of Medical Exam: 11th to 28th February 2019
Publication of Final Merit List: 11th March 2019
All India Sainik School Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for admission to the school is as under:
- For Class VI Boys. Born between 01 Apr 2007 and 31 Mar 200
- For Class IX Boys. Born between 01 Apr 2004 and 31 Mar 2006
Exam Pattern for Sainik School Punglwa Admission 2019
- The entrance exam shall be based on the syllabus up to Class V and Class VIII for the candidates appearing for Class VI and Class IX respectively. The exam shall be based on multiple choice questions in which the correct option is to mark in blue/black ballpoint pen on the OMR answer sheet provided to the candidates. Please note pencil is not to be used for marking in the OMR answer sheet.
Qualifying Standards for Class VI and Class IX.
- For General and Defence candidates, the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination are as follows:
- 25% marks in each paper.
- 40% marks in aggregate.
- For SC/ST candidates there is no qualifying passing minimum mark. Candidates shall be selected based on their ranking in the merit list.
Interview and Medical Exam conducted for Sainik School Punglwa Admission 2019
- After finalization of written test results, only the short-listed candidates will be called for an interview and medical examination during sociability and self-confidence of the candidates. The interview will carry 50 marks
- Thereafter, candidates shall be examined by a Medical Board at 165 Military Hospital, Rangapahar, Dimapur or 155 Base Hospital, Tezpur or any other military medical establishment.
- The entrance tests shall be conducted at the following locations (a) Dimapur (b) Kohima (c) Mon (d) Tuensang (e) Sainik School Punglwa Campus
- Note: The Examination centres will be activated depending on the number of applications received from different centres.
- The likely intake of cadets for session 2019-20 is as under:
- (a) Class VI: 100 (One Hundred)
- (b) Class IX: 10 (Ten)
Online Registration Charges
- For General and Defence Category – Rs.400/-
- For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe – Rs.250/-
- Our Post Office: Punglwa BPO, Medziphema SO
Sainik School Admission form – How to Apply?
- A candidate is required to apply online by clicking the link provided on the school web portal www.sainikschoolpunglwa.nic.in
- The link shall remain activated from 08th October 2018 to 26th November 2018
- The registration is to be completed by filling the data online and prescribed fee is to be deposited through net banking.
Reservation offered Sainik School Punglwa Admission 2019
- Out of the total seats, 15% are reserved for SC and 7.5% for ST candidate. 67% seats are reserved for home State of Nagaland and 33% for the domiciles of other States in the ratio of their male population
- Any unutilized seats in this category will be merged with home State seats in order of merit. 25% seats are reserved for sons of Defence Service Personnel including Ex-Servicemen*.
Also See :