Amaravathinagar Sainik School Admission through AISSEE 2020-21
Sainik School Amaravathinagar Admission 2020 – Sainik School Amaravathinagar invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Classes VI and IX standards, through All India Sainik School Entrance Examination for the academic year 2020-2021.
Admission is subject to qualifying in the All India Entrance Examination followed by Interviews, Physical Fitness and Medical Examination conducted by this institution.
- The primary aim of the School is to prepare boys academically, physically and psychological for entry into the National Defence Academy (NDA) and other professions
- The all-round education of the School, however, fully equips a student to pursue any other career with distinction.
- Commencement of sale of Prospectus-cum-Application Form: 05th August 2019
- Late Date of Issue of Prospectus cum Application Form:
23 Sep 2019extended to 10th Oct 2019
- Last Date of receipt of duly filled Application Form to the School:
23 Sep 2019extended to 10th Oct 2019
- Written Exam: 05th January 2020
- Category wise Final Merit & Call Letter will be issued to the candidates for Medical Exam from 03rd to 07th February 2020
No. of Seats
- Class VI: 90 (approx.)
- Class IX: 06 (approx.)
- For Class VI: Boys aged between 10 and 12 years as on 31 Mar 2020 (i.e., boys born between 01 April 2008 to 31 March 2010) and studying in V Std in a recognized School are eligible for admission to Class VI.
- For Class IX: Boys aged between 13 and 15 years as on 31 Mar 2020 boys born between 01 April 2005 to 31 March 2007) and studying in VIII std in a recognized School are eligible for admission to Class IX.
- Curriculum: 10+2 System of CBSE
- Written Examination, Interview & Medical Examination
Scheme of Written Exam
- The AISSEE will be on OMR based system which has Multiple Choice Questions with four options. Question Paper for Class VI will be in English & Hindi and for Class IX only in English.
- For Class IX – Udumalpet, Puducherry & Chennai
- For Class VI – Amaravathinagar, Coimbatore, Thanjavur, Chennai & Puducherry (for class VI Boys opting for examination in Tamil will appear in Amaravathinagar centre only)
- Based on the parental income the Govt of Tamil Nadu/ Ministry of Defence sanctions Scholarship upto approximately Rs. 50,000/- per annum per student as per laid down terms and conditions.
- All such scholarships are subject to adequate and timely release of funds from respective State Governments. Only one scholarship can be enjoyed by a student at any given time
- 15% of the total seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 7 ½ % seats for Scheduled Tribes
- Out of the remaining seats, 67% of the seats will be reserved for boys from the Home State of Tamil Nadu. Balance 33% of left over seats will be thrown open to boys from other States and Union Territories, as per seat quota of respective states. Any unutilized seats in this category will be merged with home State (TN) seats in order of merit
- 25% seats in each of 67% and 33% category, are reserved for children of Defence service personnel including Ex-servicemen of that category. Defence means Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.
- Online application form can also be filled up on School Website www.sainikschoolamaravathinagar.edu.in
- Offline Prospectus-Cum-Application form can also be obtained from the school (by hand) on submission of Demand Draft in favour Principal Sainik School Amaravathinagar payable at the State Bank of India. Amaravathinagar. Bank Code 2191, Drawn from SBI Only as per the cost mentioned below
- For Gen/Def/Ex-Def Category – Rs. 400/-
- For SC/ST Category – Rs. 250/-
- Payment through MO and IPO will not be accepted
- Note: *For SC/ST (Attaching of Xerox copy of boy’s caste certificate is compulsory)
Also See :
Sainik Schools Society, Ministry of Defence
Room No. 101, First Floor, D1 Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi, Pin Code-110011, Website https://sainikschooladmission.in