Science is one of the most popular streams amongst Indian students. It is always seen that when their ward clears Class 10th board exams, parents always ask their kid to take Science. India is a country where a large number of young teens aspire to take Engineering or Medicine as a career – therefore Science is a popular choice among them also.
Also See : Competitive Exams after 12th
Apart from this Science is a stream where after completing your School, you can easily pursue a career in any other stream whether it’s Commerce, Arts, Humanities, Computer Science or Fine Arts. Overall it’s a versatile stream.
While choosing a career choice after clearing 12th with PCM, students should consider few factors in mind. They should first analyse that where their interest lies in and then find which course they want to pursue.
Also See Class 12 English Lesson Explanation
Below are some of the career options that you can consider after completing your schooling in ‘Science’ stream with PCM:
1) Engineering: To become an Engineer, first you will have to appear in various entrance exams that are conducted on National and state level. Exams such as JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, VITEEE, etc. are conducted by their respective agencies at the National level. Now, every state conducts its own CET for admission in Engineering seats. On the basis of your score in these entrance exams, you will get a College and an Engineering stream. Then you will have to complete a four-year-long course in Engineering to become a qualified Engineer. Popular engineering streams are Computer, IT, Mechanical, Electronics & Telecommunication among others. Also see: Engineering Entrance Exams
2) Mass Communications: The students who have a flair for Journalism, public speaking, writing, etc. then, you should pursue a Career in Mass Communication. There are various courses such as Bachelor of Mass Comm., BA in Journalism, etc. that you can pursue to become a Journalist, News writer, etc. There are various colleges that offer these courses and admit students on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exams conducted by these respective institutes. There are various popular news channels and popular online forums that are in need of news readers, writers, etc. So, you can easily make a successful career in the Journalism sector. See Mass Communication Admission Notification
3) Law: This is a career choice that has caught pace in recent years. To become a Lawyer either you can take 5 years integrated Bachelors + LLB course after 12th std. in a stream of your choice or after graduation in any stream take a three year LLB course in any reputed institutes. For admission into the 5-year course, you will have to appear for various national Level exams such as CLAT, LSAT, AILET, Symbiosis CET, etc. Few states such as Maharashtra conduct their own common entrance tests or CETs for admission into Law colleges. Few colleges also allow direct admission on the basis of 12th or graduation percentage. Also see: Law Entrance Exams
5) Architecture: Those students who have a flair for aptitude and design can take up this course. Just like engineering, it is a four-year-long degree course. After completing your 12th Science with PCM, you will have to take national level entrance exams such as NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) or JEE Mains Paper -2 for admission into various architecture courses. Several states also conduct CETs to admit Architecture students. Based on their score, student gets admission into different courses. In recent times, several great architecture and real estate companies have emerged due to which an architect can easily find a job. Also see: Architecture Admission Test
6) Defence: Those students who wish to serve the nation by becoming soldiers should pursue a career in Defence. You can join it either after completing 12th std. or graduation in any stream. NDA conducts entrances for the students who have cleared their 12th in May & October. Those who clear entrance is called for selection round in different cities. Further, the selected students are sent for training at National Defence Academy, Pune. Similarly, for graduate students, there are exams such as CDS, AFCAT, etc. Indian Navy offers B.Tech. entry students for those male students who have cleared PCM with Science stream. Apart from this, the three Armed Forces also select candidates by organising rallies all over the country. Also See Army Entrance Exams
7) Design: If you have a creative mindset, then you can make a career in Design. You can be a fashion designer, Graphics Designer, Interior Designer – the list is endless. There are various entrance tests that one needs to give to become a Designer. Various prominent design institutes such as National Institute of Design (Ahmedabad), NIFT, Symbiosis Institute Design, etc. A lot of companies need designers to design their several products. Therefore, a student can easily get a job in this sector. Also see All India Entrance Exam for Design
8) Chartered Accountants/ Company Secretary/ Cost Accountants: Students who have an interest in Commerce can easily pursue these courses. This course can be pursued both after 12th or graduation in any stream (except Fine Arts). These exams are conducted twice a year and are held in three stages. You can easily get a good package after completing this course. Also See Chartered Accountancy Course
Also see: Career Options in Engineering after 12th
9) Chef: The students who love cooking and want to culinary art should become a Chef and consider a career in Hotel Management. There are various prominent institutes such as Institute of Hotel Management (various cities), Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition (IHM), Pusa, etc. that admit students for culinary courses. Apart from this, several top hotels hire chefs with a great salary. Also See Hotel Management Entrance Test
Also See :
See >> Entrance Exams after Graduation