Eligibility Conditions to get admission in IGNOU Management Programs
The eligibility conditions for admission to a Management Programme in IGNOU are different for an Indian National and different for Foreign Nationals. Let us have a look at both:
Eligibility Conditions for IGNOU Management Programs for Indian Nationals:
- Graduation in any discipline with 50 per cent marks for general category/ 45 per cent for reserved category, with three years managerial/supervisory/professional experience.
Also See: MBA Entrance Exams
Professional Degree with 50 per cent marks in Engineering/ Medicine/ Chartered Accountancy (ICAI)/ Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWA)/ Company Secretaryship (ICSI)/ Law.
- Clearance of OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU.
- There is no age bar.
- Bachelor’s Degree means Bachelor’s Degree of not less than three year duration.
- IGNOU also accepts First degree of two year duration obtained from a recognized university completed up to the year 1998-99 for purposes of higher studies; provided such students have undergone a further one year bridge course and passed the same, to be in conformity with UGC Regulations.
- Degrees acquired from an ‘Off Campus’ Centre of Private Universities outside the territorial jurisdiction of the concerned State is also not recognized for purposes of admission to IGNOU’s Academic Programmes unless it has specific approval of the University Grants Commission.
- Similarly, Degrees acquired from an ‘Off Campus’ Centre/’Off-shore’ Campus of Central/State/Deemed to be Universities offered through Distance mode of learning will be accepted for higher studies in IGNOU; provided they have been obtained as per territorial jurisdiction of these Central/State/Deemed to be Universities prescribed by the University Grants Commission.
Eligibility Conditions for IGNOU Management Programs for Foreign Nationals
- Foreign students residing in India and having a valid student visa for the minimum duration of the programme are eligible to seek admission in IGNOU programmes. Such students are required to remit the fee at par with foreign students (fee structure of foreign students could be downloaded from the website www.ignou.ac.in.
- Admission of foreign students residing in India will be processed by the International Division of the University after ensuring their antecedents from the Ministry of External Affairs/Ministry of Human Resource Development